Strangers

Members online

Looks mint but local work must be tight lol

It's a f**k**g nightmare here. Almost everything is new, built during the boom and there's more houses than people.

Spending £100k on bricks would build an £80k house, so there's no building and no renovation. Just a few extensions and porches...the occasional bit of water or fire damage. Thankfully, I have a sideline which helps. I'm trying to get back to UK but it's difficult getting the cash together to facilitate the move.

Ha. Try being me.

I live at the bottom of the Inishowen Peninsula, which runs up the side of the Foyle, separates Donegal from Derry. (notice it's designation on the map. Londonderry Derry....for anyone who's not familiar with why that is, the protestant name for it is Londonderry but the catholic people object to the London bit and to avoid causing offence if you're neutral, you have to call it Londonderryderry. Or Derrylondonderry ... at which point the Irishman will probably tell you the right way it should be called.....ffs unless he's British.

View attachment 26509

Spectacular it may be, but the only civilised road runs round the bottom of the jaggedy bit. North of that it about 70km of this.

inishowen-peninsula-bg.jpg

Postcodes only came in here a couple of years ago and nobody uses them. There's no signal up that way anyway for Satnav, and not a roadsign to be had anywhere so we have converstations like this.

'Do ye know Buncrana?'
'Not really, but I'll find it'
'Aye right, well, ye come in as though you were goin out because ye can't see it the on the way in, but by the auld prayer stone'
'The wat?'
'The prayer stone just outside Buncrana on the way in but from the North when you're going out'
'What's a prayer stone?'
'It's by Saint Teresa's church. It's for praying'
'I'm English.'
'Aye I know, that's why I'm having such a hard time understanding ye.'
'But I don't know what a praying stone is.'
'Well never mind, there's a farm a bit further on. Patrick McNalty's place. He's a red car outside it usually.'
'Would it be easier to find the church?
'No, that's not there any more. It's just the stone now.'
'So I'm looking for Patrick McNaltiy's red car?'
'Sure no. If ye see that, ye've gone wrong.'
Tear-your-hair-out.jpg

I just had flash backs to watching ‘whiskey galore’ and ‘Darby 0’Gil and the little people’ lol

It's a f**k**g nightmare here. Almost everything is new, built during the boom and there's more houses than people.

Spending £100k on bricks would build an £80k house, so there's no building and no renovation. Just a few extensions and porches...the occasional bit of water or fire damage. Thankfully, I have a sideline which helps. I'm trying to get back to UK but it's difficult getting the cash together to facilitate the move.

whats your sideline?

whats your sideline?

Essentially, blagging money off the internet by all sorts of means so long as there's no start up costs.

Tonight, Matthew, I will be Samuel Maguire.

Congratulations!

DIGITAL_BOOK_THUMBNAIL

Network Seven
By Samuel Maguire
$2.99 USD
It can take up to 72 hours for your title to be available for purchase on Amazon.
Publish your book as a paperback
Now that you've completed your eBook, you can use the same title information and manuscript to publish a paperback.
Free online set up
KDP prints your book on demand and simply deducts printing cost from your royalties.
It's easy
Use your eBook manuscript and cover to start creating your paperback book.
Increase your sales
List your paperback on Amazon and reach even more readers.

Essentially, blagging money off the internet by all sorts of means so long as there's no start up costs.

Tonight, Matthew, I will be Samuel Maguire.

Congratulations!

DIGITAL_BOOK_THUMBNAIL

Network Seven
By Samuel Maguire
$2.99 USD
It can take up to 72 hours for your title to be available for purchase on Amazon.
Publish your book as a paperback
Now that you've completed your eBook, you can use the same title information and manuscript to publish a paperback.
Free online set up
KDP prints your book on demand and simply deducts printing cost from your royalties.
It's easy
Use your eBook manuscript and cover to start creating your paperback book.
Increase your sales
List your paperback on Amazon and reach even more readers.

so you create kindle books?

so you create kindle books?
Not really. That's my first attempt. I push internet traffic about and do some other things - monetised Youtube channel, things liek that....there's money on the internet if you know where to look. It used to be a complete turkey shoot but things have tightened up lately.

Not really. That's my first attempt. I push internet traffic about and do some other things - monetised Youtube channel, things liek that....there's money on the internet if you know where to look. It used to be a complete turkey shoot but things have tightened up lately.

ah a man after my own heart :D I have been doing that for for the last 20 years :D Made a great living from it :D