Sunday Work Photos.... #competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets get this kicked off...

If you are working on sunday I want to see what you are doing :)

Upload your photos and at 19:30 tomorrow (sunday) I will pick a winner to win a TPF mug :)

Danny

Very rarely work weekends now so u can give my mug to another poor mug ...... Whoops I mean another poor plasterer:whistle:

yeah. lifes too short. ive been splitting the weeks up lately as well. leaving wednesdays free. so saturday and sunday off. then work two days. then a day off. then work two days. then two days off. i feel much better for it. the mrs is on good money so the gender stereotypes have changed

I kick it off @Danny was working today if that counts..used uni but took in the PVA thought I got to use it for something
Sunday Work Photos.... #competition

I've got the smallest kitchen I've ever seen to skim tomorrow. But the old chap has gone and had the new kitchen fitted before it's been plastered. Very considerate!! :muyenojado:

Just my opinion obviously, but if you're working on a Sunday you've made a mistake with running your business. Either your timings were wrong, your rates are too low, you've taken on too much work, or a combination of those. :descansando:

Used to do 7 days when i was younger or when working away but no chance these days im too old for that lark. Its notlike you can charge double to make it worth your while??

Just my opinion obviously, but if you're working on a Sunday you've made a mistake with running your business. Either your timings were wrong, your rates are too low, you've taken on too much work, or a combination of those. :descansando:

Is that just the construction trade or in general that opinion?

Is that just the construction trade or in general that opinion?

I'd say most but not all industries. There are a few that need to be operational on a Sunday as it's part of what they do. The leisure industry is the only one I can think of at the moment, and I'd include some of the retail industry in that as it overlaps with leisure in part. Other than that what needs to happen on a Sunday?

I'm old enough to remember a time before Sunday/Bank Holiday trading, even the petrol stations were shut. A bit like Wales now :LOL:. Anyway, everyone managed to live their lives quite comfortably.

It's just the time of year for me. Don't think I've done a Sunday the whole of 2015 but then at this time of year there's always a last minute rush. I don't mind a couple. Extra money to cover a bit of the time off over Xmas.

Think that's a bit harsh tbh

I do apologise, a harsh opinion on the plasterer's forum, whatever next?! :D

I'm not having a pop at those that are or do work on Sundays, just pointing out that in my opinion it's unnecessary. I used to do it, then I realised that if I changed my approach to a few things I could stop doing it and be no worse off.

It doesn't hurt to have a hard look at how we do things from time to time. Not sure who said it, but a useful quote to bear in mind for running a business (and life in general) is "If you change nothing, nothing changes".

Amongst all the p1ss taking and general silliness a forum like this can frequently throw up some good ideas that can make a difference to anyone willing to try them. If you do and it doesn't work out then you've proved that your way is best for you, rather than just assuming it is.

Reactions: Pug
I do apologise, a harsh opinion on the plasterer's forum, whatever next?! :D

I'm not having a pop at those that are or do work on Sundays, just pointing out that in my opinion it's unnecessary. I used to do it, then I realised that if I changed my approach to a few things I could stop doing it and be no worse off.

It doesn't hurt to have a hard look at how we do things from time to time. Not sure who said it, but a useful quote to bear in mind for running a business (and life in general) is "If you change nothing, nothing changes".

Amongst all the p1ss taking and general silliness a forum like this can frequently throw up some good ideas that can make a difference to anyone willing to try them. If you do and it doesn't work out then you've proved that your way is best for you, rather than just assuming it is.

Fair enough :) I work hard in winter and try and spend the summers doing fun stuff :D

Fair enough :) I work hard in winter and try and spend the summers doing fun stuff :D

Which in essence is exactly the same approach, but probably not great for working in the building trade. :D

We all do work too hard in the uk... go to the likes of Australia and it's a different story.. all about family and friends

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

f**k working weekends, they are for having fun and spending time with family/friends in my opinion, unless ofcourse a job over runs which is rare, way more to life than a bit of extra wedge, esspecially if you are working all the time so can't enjoy it!

Think that's a bit harsh tbh

Yea that's bollucks.
Some of the most successful business men and woman work 7 days weeks, it's got nothing to do with running it badly and everything to do with becoming successful.
I work 6 -7 day weeks.
Why?
Because I'm 27 and Im going to work as clever as I can while I can to make for a better life when I have kids in the future and so I can enjoy the finer things in life and because I don't want to settle for average like your average person.
I also do it because I enjoy it, because I'm only 27 and I'm building my reputation so that I can hopefully employ people to do it for me in the future.

That's from another perspective.

Outside the construction industry are people like footballers and other sports people unsuccessful then?
Ronaldo messi and co are s**t at what they do having to do there job on a Sunday!
Even worse they do evening work on a Monday,tues and wed on the odd occasion!

Really it's nothing to do with what you say it is and personally I think it's an insult to all the people who work hard on any day of the week to get somewhere or be successful at what they do.

I'm sure at some point you worked Sunday's even once you deemed yourself 'sucessfull'

Status
Not open for further replies.