The Great British Gypsum Conspiracy

Members online

Well I've fired an email across see if I get the same old there's nothing wrong story etc etc.

Especially regarding their boards and recycling multi finish into it.

They can't even say they don't because half the fecking boards are pink!!!

See what they say when I reveal the source see if they continue to talk rubbish

Well I've fired an email across see if I get the same old there's nothing wrong story etc etc.

don't think they reply to emails why don't they just listen to the guys that use there shite

They mine gypsum, then refine it to the best of their extensive ability, I have been to the plant somewhere near where they make pork pies up north, they have different seams and all the other variables to deal with, in their defence I think it's cheap for what they have to do to get a useable finish gypsum product all over the UK. If you find it too difficult to use then get a factory job or try something new. British Gypsum plasterboards are rubbish though I agree.
Get a factory job, its 2018 not 1918.

Hi Damian

I’ve just received your email so I will give you a call in the morning to arrange a visit or let me know if it’s ok to contact you tonight.
Cheers

Last edited:

Thanks for taking the time to email us @reeves1985. Someone from the team will be in touch.

Are there plans to make pure finish widely available in in multiples less than a pallet?
Hi @paulf, We recognise that buying by the pallet is difficult so we are working on securing more stockist locations around the country. If you want to buy PureFinish, please let us know your location (either on here or by emailing us at Thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com) so we can let you know a list of local stockists.

Hi @paulf, We recognise that buying by the pallet is difficult so we are working on securing more stockist locations around the country. If you want to buy PureFinish, please let us know your location (either on here or by emailing us at Thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com) so we can let you know a list of local stockists.
As I've said before, just make your SaintGobain brothers at Jewsons stock it, even Board Finish would be a start.
When part of your own organisation won't stock your products it doesn't seem right.

As I've said before, just make your SaintGobain brothers at Jewsons stock it, even Board Finish would be a start.
When part of your own organisation won't stock your products it doesn't seem right.
why go to the bother of making it if we cant buy it I cant get casting plaster at all unless I take 80 bags was never like this till st gobain took over

Hi, We'd really like to understand the problems you are experiencing. If you can send your email address, number and location to thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com someone will be in touch next week to discuss. We also plan to arrange an open discussion to address your concerns on this forum.
There must be reason lots of people think it.. has it got anything to do with the wide use of gypsum flow screed.. maybe a synthetic variant?

I definitely noticed a quality drop as I have used the older bags last week and it feels better when trowelling and takes longer to go off, very greasey/sticky build up on trowels after a few sets even with frequent clean water washes..

We would like to respond to this and some of the other recent discussions about the quality of our plasterboards and plasters.

Our new plaster bags, are simply a change to the design of the bag itself to make identification easier for the different ranges we offer. Just to reiterate, no changes have been made to the formulation of our plaster products. It is still the same product, it is just the bag that has changed.

We would also like to confirm that we do not put any recycled plaster or board products into plaster when we make it. Watch our video, from Rock to Room, which details our production process, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN59LUBO51s

Again, if you are experiencing a problem with the product, we want to hear about it. If the product is not performing as it should – we genuinely want to find out why, and resolve it. Please either DM us a number or email us on thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com with the details.

As suggested in another post, we will liaise with Danny to arrange a suitable day/time to have a discussion about any issues you are experiencing.
Y the f**k is it still 1hour please and 30ins set to all way been like this y, if u have a big walls or ceilings want about a 3 or 4 hour set

Y the f**k is it still 1hour please and 30ins set to all way been like this y, if u have a big walls or ceilings want about a 3 or 4 hour set
3 to 4 hours what you plastering the f**k**g M 25. Why the f**k would you want a finish that takes 4 hours to go off. Get it on get it finished go home. No f**k that, lets hang around while it goes off.

I had a 1 bag mix on the Spot Board on Friday, both coats were applied, flattened and wet and dry trowled in about 30 minutes, still just about workable on the spot. Its sucked almost immed into the board.Lucky it was only a small amount otherwise id of been well fuckedd

I've never had problems with the finish.
Skimming onto fuucked boards yes.
But never the finish.
I've skimmed all over the UK.

Boards that have been left out in the pissing rain for weeks.
Been moved to other sites to be used ....I knew on my first 3 hawk fulls it was the boards that were fuucked.
The gear was piss wet in the bin while the gear was tearing back off the boards.

Block of apartments twice ...once in Hinckley and once in Liverpool rushed the jobs ....no roof on carried on board/dabbing flats.
Lads came in to skim them after a few weeks tearing chewy and all the other probs mentioned on here.
U talk utter shite
3 to 4 hours what you plastering the f**k**g M 25. Why the f**k would you want a finish that takes 4 hours to go off. Get it on get it finished go home. No f**k that, lets hang around while it goes off.
Y not have a longer setting time it hard when u are a one man band u c**t

Y not have a longer setting time it hard when u are a one man band u c**t
. I want a 60 min controlled set finish more than anything else. Bonding 60,,,,dont c the point when u can make it set whatever time u want.

Went into my local merchants this morning to get some loo fittings and asked about the plaster, they said they had a conversation with BG as quite few people have complained, and it was a good as confirmed (in a round about way) the mixture has changed, I'm going to try the board finish :confused:

@lurpak I wanna see those beautiful walls of yours today :coffe:

Went into my local merchants this morning to get some loo fittings and asked about the plaster, they said they had a conversation with BG as quite few people have complained, and it was a good as confirmed (in a round about way) the mixture has changed, I'm going to try the board finish :confused:

@lurpak I wanna see those beautiful walls of yours today :coffe:

In bath mate been sick as deg last few days back on it tomorrow

3C66780C-2EB8-4762-A6C5-A95605254A81.png

In bath mate been sick as deg last few days back on it tomorrow

View attachment 28309

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I was just about to have my lunch....what the FUUUUUUCK did you do that for?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

There doesn't appear to be any standard predetermining of the quality of gypsum going into bags either.
Hi @essexandy, we'd like to confirm that all the gypsum used in our plaster comes from the same source so there is no high or low quality gypsum.
There must be reason lots of people think it.. has it got anything to do with the wide use of gypsum flow screed.. maybe a synthetic variant?

I definitely noticed a quality drop as I have used the older bags last week and it feels better when trowelling and takes longer to go off, very greasey/sticky build up on trowels after a few sets even with frequent clean water washes..

Hi @Burt Reynolds, we are sorry you have been having issues. Our new plaster bags are simply a change to the design of the bag itself. No changes have been made to the formulation of our plaster products. It is still the same product, it is just the bag that has changed.

I was just about to have my lunch....what the FUUUUUUCK did you do that for?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Come help me wash x

Hi @essexandy, we'd like to confirm that all the gypsum used in our plaster comes from the same source so there is no high or low quality gypsum.

Hi @Burt Reynolds, we are sorry you have been having issues. Our new plaster bags are simply a change to the design of the bag itself. No changes have been made to the formulation of our plaster products. It is still the same product, it is just the bag that has changed.
So @BritishGypsum, there isn't any recycled material going into the plaster and there isn't any difference in the source of the raw gypsum that goes into Multifinish/Board Finish and your premium priced Pure Finish, I'm going to trust you on this. So what has happened over the years to make Multifinish/Board Finish such hard work to finish, and why, according to those who have tried it, is Pure Finish better/less hard work to finish?
Surely by now you must accept that something is wrong? If you don't, just have a trawl through Facebook plastering pages.

Stop it. Just fcuking stop it.

Imagine that cat whisker hair gliding through ur soapy little fingers while I drink me Stella x

Why not change them to plastic bags like you have with the stupid little G** ones. May help.

I can remember when the bags had a picture of a man smiling on the bag ,f**k me u got that wrong big time ,but they was very strong bags asuwere