The gym and plastering

Not easy juggling the family and work an trying to fit in training,I have four children. Under the age of 4,training can be fitted in,the way I look at it what's the point in working hard if u don't have at least one thing for yourself,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Four kids under four?! Blimey that’s hard work.

Twins the last time they r 6 months,I am going for a day procedure in the new year,family complete,just need to make a fortune plastering now

Tbh mate I know it’s my lowest lumbar that is the problem had it years , funny thing is reading this thread tonight kinda making me think I want to get back into training again after Christmas break , even just 3 times a week general workout would get me mojo back I think
@Vincey , I too used to suffer with lower back aches, stiffness etc.......got a little imbalance put right at the chiropractor......and got into excersise.......kettlebells can be used in the kitchen and are a surprisingly good workout......at the gym I do some good cardio (agree with @stevio)....then some gentle back and shoulder weight work, finishing with a few squats and deadlifts to really make the lower back work.......I have found that the “posterior chain” is just that....a chain.....the bending etc in plastering seems to overwork selective lower back muscles resulting in pain........by working the whole chain, or group, the aches have rescinded and posture has got better...... But I am not going to pretend I am a monster lifting big weights......I go gently to my limit....then back off for reps.....low reps at that.....oh, and cycling helps as well.....30 mins on the static bike as fast as I can manage at the highest resistance I can cope with, is really good cardio....

Just done a savage two hour session to make up for my weeks lame effort, 30mins rowing 15 mins cycling and the rest weights pulling/pushing sled and prowler. Benching dumbbells,lat pull downs, and shoulder press. I’ll sleep well tonight. Need a massive meal now so hungry.

I train 5-6 times a week after work mix of weight training and cardio, some high intensity stuff and feel great. People bang on about this job messing your body up but realistically its lifestyles that f**k you up. How many office bods are out their with f**k*d up backs, knees etc etc the thing most people with messed up bodies have in common is booze, fags, eating junk regardless of their job.

I train 5-6 times a week after work mix of weight training and cardio, some high intensity stuff and feel great. People bang on about this job messing your body up but realistically its lifestyles that f**k you up. How many office bods are out their with f**k*d up backs, knees etc etc the thing most people with messed up bodies have in common is booze, fags, eating junk regardless of their job.

I think sittin on ur arse all day has to be worse for ur back than doing big a good days work,surely a plasterers back muscles r a lot stronger than a Office worker

I used to do the gym thing from 16 years old. Bores the s**t out of me now.
I’m never off my bikes. Road bikes and mountain bikes. Keeps me fit and strong. Plenty of stretches, loads of water and eating well and I’ve got loads of energy.
Protein shakes are mostly shite. Loaded with dodgy sweeteners. Which spike your insulin and actually prevent your body from absorbing the protein. Ironic! As you age you’re less likely to be able to digest it well either which is why a lot of people suffer with bad bowels and gas.
Excess protein will be turned into sugar too and we all know what excess sugar does. You can only digest 30g an hour. Too much protein has been linked to bowel cancer too.
Nothing wrong with carbs. Proteins and carbs in the right ratio is perfect. Also macronutrients are important. Can’t absorb protein without trace minerals and potassium.
I could go on and on but I’m boring myself now.

For guys that have kids no time for the gym ect there's enough exercise routines you can do at home pull ups different types of press ups,sit ups even lifting wash basket dining chairs anything in the house it's amazing how you can improvise I do include bench press with coffee table before lol.

I think sittin on ur arse all day has to be worse for ur back than doing big a good days work,surely a plasterers back muscles r a lot stronger than a Office worker

Correct! We are stronger than the bone idle, but, we overstress some of the back muscles, and coz’ we are plasterers........and all round supermen (all riiight @JessThePlasterer as well)........we don’t rest the affected bits correctly, just push on and get another gauge on.......= backaches.... I speak as one who has “pushed on” a time or two.......

Correct! We are stronger than the bone idle, but, we overstress some of the back muscles, and coz’ we are plasterers........and all round supermen (all riiight @JessThePlasterer as well)........we don’t rest the affected bits correctly, just push on and get another gauge on.......= backaches.... I speak as one who has “pushed on” a time or two.......
:musculoso:

I keep meaning to do yoga, started following a simple one on YouTube in the morning and felt really good then stopped for no reason o_O

i think I am going to look at getting back into shape...whether it is just taking the power kite on the beach once a week or hitting the gym... I have changed my seat in the office a couple of times to help improve posture but they are not working out too well :D

Just done 10k on the static bike followed by a load of picking stuff up and putting it down again, then a bit of sitting up then laying down again, then some kettlebell swinging followed by some push-ups, then another 15mins flat out on the bike, then a sauna, shower and home for a meal.......total time 3.....yes 3! hrs.......
Well,........who doesn’t like a long shower ............:D

Just done 10k on the static bike followed by a load of picking stuff up and putting it down again, then a bit of sitting up then laying down again, then some kettlebell swinging followed by some push-ups, then another 15mins flat out on the bike, then a sauna, shower and home for a meal.......total time 3.....yes 3! hrs.......
Well,........who doesn’t like a long shower ............:D
Your putting us all to shame

Very nearly s**t myself on the leg press before, never gone deaf though?

You won't on weights. Try Britmilfit on hard or something of that nature. Something with a lot of dashing about. If the instructor is any good and you put your back in to it, going deaf for a few minutes isn't a problem.

Certain combos of cardio and abs will see me gip almost every time.

You won't on weights. Try Britmilfit on hard or something of that nature. Something with a lot of dashing about. If the instructor is any good and you put your back in to it, going deaf for a few minutes isn't a problem.

Certain combos of cardio and abs will see me gip almost every time.
Britmilfit? Sounds like my cuppa tea, which sky channel it's on?

Anyone done much judo or owt like that? I don’t want to be boxing anymore getting punched, thinking a bit of rough and tumble would be good not interested in MMA with all the tattoo skin heads on roids though

Anyone done much judo or owt like that? I don’t want to be boxing anymore getting punched, thinking a bit of rough and tumble would be good not interested in MMA with all the tattoo skin heads on roids though

my mate does Judo... he loves it... not sure its for me... his daughters are stunners but f**k me they could drop you quick :D