This a bad price ?

Members online

That’s contracting for you . Like i say I’ve thought about it . I’ve got the contacts and some money behind me to give it a go but I don’t deal well with stress . Couldn’t cope with lads moaning . Site Managers moaning . Putting s**t work right etc.. I wouldn’t sleep at night .
I couldn't do it either. Rather spend my money on fast women and slow horses

To earn a killing you have to kill yourself it seems. What’s a killing on site skimming? £1500 a week? Would need to be £30k a week to justify how f*kd your body will end up

Not really ....it's like any other job your body gets used to it.

My brother's an example of new build he worked for Walsh plastering and more or less skimmed a site to himself @£3.50.

A slow week he moaned at earning £1800.
A busy week was 2 half K.

he drives a 30 grand van and has bought the biggest type plot on a persimmon home site on the sea front in st.annes on sea.

Hes skimmed most plots on that site he lives on....but on a lower rate.
Hes the first to admit he'd rather be local and spend more time with the family.

My brother's an example of new build he worked for Walsh plastering and more or less skimmed a site to himself @£3.50.

he drives a 30 grand van and has bought the biggest type plot on a persimmon home site on the sea front in st.annes on sea.

Hes the first to admit he'd rather be local and spend more time with the family.

Jesus busy week 700+ sqm I’d be wheelchair bound lol fair play

I can only dream of £3.50 .

It’s all relative . I work local for less money if that makes any sense . Driving further for extra 50p just isn’t economical. I’d probably got up to 30 miles

God you got some ego

yep.........

Not been on site in a while . Always do domestic now but it’s looking quiet at moment . Thinking of going back house bashing . A mate of mine just skimmed a two bed plot for £770 took around 18 bags . That sound about right . He’s not sure of his sqm price . It took 2 of them 2.5 days to skim it . Not great is it .
Well if it took 18 bags that means there's almost certainly under 180msq, in which case that's definitely not the worst price in the world. How can it take two guys 2.5 days to use 18 bags of gear on new site work? Are they old and slow like me? Back when I was fit and flying along on site that would have been about 2.5-3 days for me on my own.

Reactions: Djr
Well if it took 18 bags that means there's almost certainly under 180msq, in which case that's definitely not the worst price in the world. How can it take two guys 2.5 days to use 18 bags of gear on new site work? Are they old and slow like me? Back when I was fit and flying along on site that would have been about 2.5-3 days for me on my own.
Even still Andy that’s s**t money for killing yourself. £770 / 3 = £256 - tax = £205. Can earn that plodding on domestics

I.m moving to birmingham
Good luck moving to Birminghaml lol if I have got him right that bloke who said that is a small bald headed bloke drives a orange van in & around Birmingham ! He is known as billy bullyshit !

Yes definitely

Not been on site in a while . Always do domestic now but it’s looking quiet at moment . Thinking of going back house bashing . A mate of mine just skimmed a two bed plot for £770 took around 18 bags . That sound about right . He’s not sure of his sqm price . It took 2 of them 2.5 days to skim it . Not great is it .
f**k that

Good luck moving to Birminghaml lol if I have got him right that bloke who said that is a small bald headed bloke drives a orange van in & around Birmingham ! He is known as billy bullyshit !

Sounds just like me but I’m massive