Tile to Wall transtion

Members online

Normal skimming goes 2 - 3mm so 3mm not a problem. I doubt it will end up flush, prob about 1mm back. If you try to go flush you will find it hard to make the edge nice, tile not 100% flat plus also grout lines are back

I would scrape back vertical joints top row where tiles meet plaster and either tape and polythene over tiles then grout it all up when you done the plaster work

Normal skimming goes 2 - 3mm so 3mm not a problem. I doubt it will end up flush, prob about 1mm back. If you try to go flush you will find it hard to make the edge nice, tile not 100% flat plus also grout lines are back

surely you can get the plaster and tile flush. They did it in the finished version. It's extremely flush and even with your hand going up and down the wall, you cannot feel a difference. The only difference is in the different textures of the wall/tile

This is what someone else was complaining about

upload_2017-5-22_17-56-10.png

this is what i don't want to have on my hands so just trying to understand it as best as possible

the tiles are not bevelled so it should be easily achieved, they're really flat...

Can't you just put a flat (L shaped) tile trim on then board with 6mm board and skim you'll get a nice clean line between different finishes.

If you have 9mm to play with, just get it done with a 9mm mrmdf, prime it, gloss it top it with polyurethane or acrylic finish, it will look bob on

If you have 9mm to play with, just get it done with a 9mm mrmdf, prime it, gloss it top it with polyurethane or acrylic finish, it will look bob on
is that from experience?

I'm not sure that will look the same or if it will stand the test of time