tyrolean again

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruddez

done some tyrolean on a new extension also matching up to existing using sand/cement rather than using cullamix after some advice off the forum and which it came out as good as the existing tyrolean now it needs painting,i know this is not a painting forum but would I need to seal the new work first or just go over it with 3 coats sandtex anybody done any painting

we employ a decorater to finish our rendering. he applies a stabilizer on the first day to kill the suction. then he gives it 2 coats of exterior quality paint what we purchase direct from the manufacturer on ebay. not sandtex, to expensive.

we employ a decorater to finish our rendering. he applies a stabilizer on the first day to kill the suction. then he gives it 2 coats of exterior quality paint what we purchase direct from the manufacturer on ebay. not sandtex, to expensive.

Nice reply Malc :D

Hi Guys first post but I have read many of the threads for ages and must say it is the best and most informative forum on the internet.

I am about to do a very similar job using s/c tyrolean finish.
How long do l need to leave the render before painting? do l need to stabilize it and is this just watered down sbr?

Malc could you please send me the name of the paint manu that is on ebay for the good quality exterior paint, l take it they are not a sponsor on here?

Thanks guys

we purchase the masonry paint from paints4lessltd. on ebay.
our decorator supplies his own stabillizer, not sbr, just to kill suction from the render, so that he does not show any joints in the paint.
we leave the render for a few days before it is decorated.

Status
Not open for further replies.