Uneven suction when top coating with sand and cement

Sammh1996

Most of the time i get an even suction when rubbing up but lately ive been having it where its dry in patches then soaking wet all over, i always put in waterproofer in my scratch and leave it 3/4 days to full dry, ive been thinking of not using waterproofer anymore, what do you guys think

Could be batching....

Either bad/inconsistent distribution of waterproofer throughout the mix, or poor sand quality or poor action of mixing.

Also initial suction control and/or not controlling the speed of curing for the proper reaction th happen.

Most of the time i get an even suction when rubbing up but lately ive been having it where its dry in patches then soaking wet all over, i always put in waterproofer in my scratch and leave it 3/4 days to full dry, ive been thinking of not using waterproofer anymore, what do you guys think
What’s your mixing process?

4-1 scratch with a capful of plas and waterproofer ( the amount depends on the size of the panels) then top coat a 5-1 and a spitful of lime and abit of plas
Why play about like that? just use OCR and do yourself a favour. It is all batched correctly with a quality plastering sand and give a top class finish.

Why play about like that? just use OCR and do yourself a favour. It is all batched correctly with a quality plastering sand and give a top class finish.
Yeah i do hear about that being very good to use, buliders i work for dont like spending the money, s&c way cheaper