Vimark plastex GB 1

Members online

But £1.13m2 is still a cheap finish compared to external finishes, multi is cheap for a reason and I'm sick to death of hearing about it.

Thing is...no one wants to pay much for skimming.
Any old numpty picks up a trowel and says 'I'm a plasterer'. Theyre all undercutting to get work and the builders and homeowners now have a very distorted idea of what they should be paying.
IMO thats going to take some MAJOR turnaround to put right.

We might be able to cut the price a bit with full loads deliveries and larger scale economy....also how much is multi per sqm real cost? My view the price is reasonable for older buildings breathable skim or complex shapes, etc while it is a bit expensive for plasterboard and more typical applications, even at £1.13 per sqm; so we'll see what we can do with the price..

We might be able to cut the price a bit with full loads deliveries and larger scale economy....also how much is multi per sqm real cost? My view the price is reasonable for older buildings breathable skim or complex shapes, etc while it is a bit expensive for plasterboard and more typical applications, even at £1.13 per sqm; so we'll see what we can do with the price..
What's the process for finishing? Would it be treated the same as multi? Timings? I'd say multi with pva would be at most 70p - 80p m2

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Realistically it's 60p m2 more expensive than multi! So what! Leave the price where it is, it's affordable and possibly a better product in the right place, we all know multi gets put where it shouldn't be (guilty of that) and I think all plaster should have a price hike in an attempt to push the chancers out.

What's the process for finishing? Would it be treated the same as multi? Timings? I'd say multi with pva would be at most 70p - 80p m2

That's one of the application reviews, I believe another review was posted above by @bopper another one is imminent from @Plasterers1StopShop:

1st Trial of Vimark Plastex GB1
lime breathable finish. No need to PVA!
Trialled today on box room reskim. Over 100+ year old bare lime finish plaster, had been stripped of wallpaper & 1 wall with Drywall Adhesive and bare multi finish around reveals.
Didn't wet backgrounds or PVA, just went straight on.
Like nothing I've used before. Best I can describe is
Its like skimming with Gyproc EasyFill & wet drywall adhesive.
A bit sticky and stretchy but covers well and sticks like s**t to a blanket.
Trowels up and finishes just like Knauf MP75.
Smooth Matt Finish.

Only mixing and H&S instructions on the bag so Having not seen or read application instructions I winged it & treated it like any gypsum finish. I would have threw the whole room on in 1 but was unsure how it'd go with experimenting with a new material. 1st gauge blebbed a bit but later trowelled out.
Second gauge I found best and easiest way is rough on, Speedskim - you've got plenty of time b4 second coat and surprisingly it doesn't pull in dead quick even without PVA and on old dry substrates. Lay down 2nd coat - Speedskim - let it pull in & light sponge and trowel up.
Jobs a goodun, get paid and get home.
Will use again, would recommend & I'd now have no hesitation throwing loads on and dropping back to Speedskim as I go.
Much better than Uni Finish in my opinion. Will trial it on Plasterboard, Artex, Lime backing coat and Gypsum floating coats soon & see how that goes.
Seems a lot like the stuff we see George Kidd & others using in Australia.

Sounds nice. Would be interested in trying it out, when will it be available? Any stockists in or around Dundee Scotland?

That's one of the application reviews, I believe another review was posted above by @bopper another one is imminent from @Plasterers1StopShop:

1st Trial of Vimark Plastex GB1
lime breathable finish. No need to PVA!
Trialled today on box room reskim. Over 100+ year old bare lime finish plaster, had been stripped of wallpaper & 1 wall with Drywall Adhesive and bare multi finish around reveals.
Didn't wet backgrounds or PVA, just went straight on.
Like nothing I've used before. Best I can describe is
Its like skimming with Gyproc EasyFill & wet drywall adhesive.
A bit sticky and stretchy but covers well and sticks like s**t to a blanket.
Trowels up and finishes just like Knauf MP75.
Smooth Matt Finish.

Only mixing and H&S instructions on the bag so Having not seen or read application instructions I winged it & treated it like any gypsum finish. I would have threw the whole room on in 1 but was unsure how it'd go with experimenting with a new material. 1st gauge blebbed a bit but later trowelled out.
Second gauge I found best and easiest way is rough on, Speedskim - you've got plenty of time b4 second coat and surprisingly it doesn't pull in dead quick even without PVA and on old dry substrates. Lay down 2nd coat - Speedskim - let it pull in & light sponge and trowel up.
Jobs a goodun, get paid and get home.
Will use again, would recommend & I'd now have no hesitation throwing loads on and dropping back to Speedskim as I go.
Much better than Uni Finish in my opinion. Will trial it on Plasterboard, Artex, Lime backing coat and Gypsum floating coats soon & see how that goes.
Seems a lot like the stuff we see George Kidd & others using in Australia.
Sponge and trowel up...
Not really targetting top end when anyone without skill can bosh it on and just use a sponge!

Sponge and trowel up...
Not really targetting top end when anyone without skill can bosh it on and just use a sponge!

So they should make it harder to finish?? Not a thing wrong with a sponge in the right hands or trowel. This is one coat and sponge was used.

IMG-20170209-WA0008.jpeg

Mixed feelings really.
We all like easy street but any old idiot will be stealing your work the easier it gets!

Same for all trades. Just need to get ahead of the game. We do a lot of sand and cement on external over here. So I bought a machine and use ocr. No scud or scratch the scaffolding can come down 2 weeks quicker. I can get ocr to dry out consistent colour . As that's hard to do with sand and cement as sand is now f**k*d over here. I can make good money using ocr can do 100m2 a day at xm2
Ocr dry out
Screenshot_20170219-175141.png

Same for all trades. Just need to get ahead of the game. We do a lot of sand and cement on external over here. So I bought a machine and use ocr. No scud or scratch the scaffolding can come down 2 weeks quicker. I can get ocr to dry out consistent colour . As that's hard to do with sand and cement as sand is now f**k*d over here. I can make good money using ocr can do 100m2 a day at xm2
Ocr dry out
.View attachment 17883
Looks great that boss.
Ive yet to try it through the machine. Is it as easy as s&c to rub up?

Very small stock of Plastestex GB1, about 70 bags is available with the next day delivery. Also much larger stock will be available shortly @Plasterers1StopShop. Ryan, how is the project at your home is going, any chance you could shoot a nice Plastex Gb1 application video mate? Thanks a lot

The key benefits of Plastex GB1 are high breathability or vapour permeability and high adhesion power which makes it an ideal material for internal renovation of older buildings. More on Plasteg GB1 at: http://www.vimark.com/en/prodotti/smooth-finish-coating-plaster-plastex-gb1/
Plastex GB1 works out about 1.13 sqm/£ or £11 per bag with 12.5 sqm@2mm application thickness
You do know multi finish is 4 quid a bag?

@Bauwer this looks very fine just like airless plaster. Can this stuff go through an airless machine?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, it is very fine. Also we never tested it airless. @Curry was planing to test it airless, bit I believe I forgot to add the sample bag to the recent delivery....crap

@Vincey @Beenereb4 @PlasterCraftDundee we have a small stock of Plastex GB1 now in the UK, about 70 bags, which is available with a next day delivery directly from us. Please PM me a delivery address and we'll sort it out for you this time. Also we'll be arranging for a larger stock @Plasterers1StopShop shortly.
Unfortunately the job I spoke has been completed, will take a sample bag when I place a rasolite order this week.

Can anyone give actual set times with gb1 please gonna chuck a few bags over board work to see how it is but read somewhere it supposed to be left for 90 minutes before it's 2rd coated
Thanks