What’s sticking out of my plaster?

Members online

Indeed, you stick around long enough and you get drawn in... then you realise that nobody is actually bad.... messed up, likely drunk and a bit mental maybe. I came on here to ask a question about limelite 6 years ago....

You’ll be picking up a trowel soon and frankly it all goes down hill from there
Ahhhh no. I’ll never pick up a trowel. Don’t worry, I’ve learnt things from reading this forum and been tempted. Little tips and tricks, never use tap water, let the plaster firm up before you obsess trying to get it smooth.

But I’ll never attempt plastering. I genuinely believe you people would gladly hang people who try to plaster.
My heart bleeds when I’ve seen those new posts start “new here, trying my hand at a bit of plastering.....”
Those people have no idea what they’re setting themselves up for. :cachetada::ROFLMAO:

Ahhhh no. I’ll never pick up a trowel. Don’t worry, I’ve learnt things from reading this forum and been tempted. Little tips and tricks, never use tap water, let the plaster firm up before you obsess trying to get it smooth.

But I’ll never attempt plastering. I genuinely believe you people would gladly hang people who try to plaster.
My heart bleeds when I’ve seen those new posts start “new here, trying my hand at a bit of plastering.....”
Those people have no idea what they’re setting themselves up for. :cachetada::ROFLMAO:

How long have you been lurking round here?

Ha ha!! Spot on!!

Thing is to a degree those people kind of insult the people who have spent maybe 20years learning to plaster. Or have charged for terrible work.

Dead on with the tap water though! :ROFLMAO:

I’m actually quite speechless from that picture. At first I genuinely thought it was another stupid picture to mock someone’s comment. Like a proper gormless guy who doesn’t actually look like he knows what day it is, or what the thing is he’s holding in front of his face to take that picture. Or maybe that was his modelling pout?
As I don’t know you all, and feel mean ripping a guy i don’t know, I’ll finish by saying ******* must have an inner beauty only a mother could love.

And couldn’t agree more @JessThePlasterer, I think that with things like changing a tyre. Yes, you might be able to get the tyre on the car, but there’s a lot more to it. People seem to ignore the fact you actually need to balance the tyres, correct tracking etc. But just like plastering, people get a mix, spread it on, and go “see, not that hard.” I’ve actually tried it before when I had a plasterer round. The sh*t just kept falling off the wall every time I pushed it up. So I just passed it back to the guy and walked away lol.

And @Stevieo ive not been lurking long lol. Only a few days. I enjoy doing stuff around the house so I ended up getting pulled into reading most posts. I’m clearly a very bored individual (who does have a job btw, but then spends my nights reading about your job.) but either way, it didn’t take long to realise you’re a group of people who don’t mind saying “don’t ask a f**king stupid question.”

Other forums I’m on people have asked some downright r******d questions, one Being “there’s a sweet strawberry smell from next door” to which people said the neighbours were smoking weed. I’d love to see that type of discussion on here, and the absolute savagery that would happen.

I’m actually quite speechless from that picture. At first I genuinely thought it was another stupid picture to mock someone’s comment. Like a proper gormless guy who doesn’t actually look like he knows what day it is, or what the thing is he’s holding in front of his face to take that picture. Or maybe that was his modelling pout?
As I don’t know you all, and feel mean ripping a guy i don’t know, I’ll finish by saying M**mn must have an inner beauty only a mother could love.

And couldn’t agree more @JessThePlasterer, I think that with things like changing a tyre. Yes, you might be able to get the tyre on the car, but there’s a lot more to it. People seem to ignore the fact you actually need to balance the tyres, correct tracking etc. But just like plastering, people get a mix, spread it on, and go “see, not that hard.” I’ve actually tried it before when I had a plasterer round. The sh*t just kept falling off the wall every time I pushed it up. So I just passed it back to the guy and walked away lol.

And @Stevieo ive not been lurking long lol. Only a few days. I enjoy doing stuff around the house so I ended up getting pulled into reading most posts. I’m clearly a very bored individual (who does have a job btw, but then spends my nights reading about your job.) but either way, it didn’t take long to realise you’re a group of people who don’t mind saying “don’t ask a f**king stupid question.”

Other forums I’m on people have asked some downright r******d questions, one Being “there’s a sweet strawberry smell from next door” to which people said the neighbours were smoking weed. I’d love to see that type of discussion on here, and the absolute savagery that would happen.
What do you do for a living may I ask?

As I don’t know you all, and feel mean ripping a guy i don’t know, I’ll finish by saying M**mn must have an inner beauty only a mother could love.

Now look what you've done. @lurpak will be along with a load more. This is what Dan the Man (all hail) said no more talking about *******

No golf? Was you at the track giving lewis hamilton a few tips instead?

My wash bucket see’s more gear than your walls pinocchio
What with your half days home by 1 yeah course u do,I’ve probably done more metres in rendering than u have skimming u fuckking bumder

That’s a handy skill (y)

I have to hand pump the fuel thingy in my van every other morning.... it’s starting to feel like a sexual act :oops:
Hahaha. It only becomes sexual if you have small calloused hands, remember that!

Yeah it’s good to have an understanding, but to be honest I’m old school, I learnt when you actually had to take the cars apart to find the problem. Now people just plug them in and wait for the computer to tell them. So I feel like I don’t really know much about it now.