what mixers

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnh

hi all.Had a great start to the week, a break in on site and had my bosch mixing drill robbed by some f-----g scumbag. Gonna get a new one but after using bosch for best part 20 years i fancy a change.Other than bosch what do you guys recommend/use.cheers

I think most on here will reccomend the refinas etc. but for what its worth the training centre I'm at uses a collomix mixer. It gets battered 7 days a week (bonding, drywall adhesive, krend, multi) with no grumbles and has plenty of power. The only thing I dont like about it is the whisk that comes with it as it throws the plaster up if you arent careful.

If you fancy a cheap and cheerful one then my evolution mixer from screwfix works a treat. Its sturdy enough but not sure how it will handle heavy site use.

used a collomix one years ago.wasnt that impressed. if its spitting gear up you need a paddle that pulls down.a mate uses one made by alfra.had it 10years no prob.are megamix made by refina

My evolution mixer does just that, but not sure yet how it will last in the long run. Cheers for the reccomendation, I'll look into the alfra.

used a collomix one years ago.wasnt that impressed. if its spitting gear up you need a paddle that pulls down.a mate uses one made by alfra.had it 10years no prob.are megamix made by refina

Well megamixers are made by eibenstock but refina put there stickers on and sell em and do a good deal with em.

i got a refina mega mixer bloody brill machine had a bell once it were crap and right slow

its prob cheaper to buy direct from eibenstock if u can. and dont skimp on th motor. get the more powerful one. will be worth every penny long term

Ive had my evolution a canny bit and it seems to be going the distance. They are mustard for the price

which are made by alfra eibenstock the best mixer is the pft one more powerfull but dear

8 and 9 bag mixes of gypsum dry wall adhesive in a cement mortar tub.

Ony 1 drill that will cope with this for me day in and day out!!!

Rafina's Mega Mixer, had the 1700W one for years now and still works a treat!

gonna be a megamix or alfra i think.dont need a massive thing now i dont do much commercial stuff anymore

I've got the mega mixer and the alfra and there both the same mixers just different handles, I picked up the alfra for £300 should of been £450. As said their both good drills, I gotta hav the downward spin whisk though can't stand the upward thrust whisks.

gonna go for the alfra can get it a bit cheaper.dont know why they make whisks that throw the gear up and out of the bucket

Were do you get the downward spin whisks as I have the Alfra Eibenstok 1800w and it throws muck upwards all the time :RpS_thumbdn:

A paddle that pulls the mixture up is for gear such as levelling compound, if you use this type of paddle for plaster you will put plenty of air into it and it will set much faster than if you use a paddle with a downward motion.

just an update.bought an 1600w alfra. a bit disappointed to say the least. seems to have more torque than my bosch and the way the handle is situated its more comfortable, but its so bloody slow.used a bosch one today and i cant believe how much lighter it is.should have spent the extra and got another bosch.

the only problem with the bosch is when you change the paddle to a different make larger one it increases the overall length. and the switches tend to go wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.