What's your favourite dust sheet? Boring thread I know

MattP1987

Hi guys
Boring thread I know. Will have some smart arse comments about being a messy spread too!

I am feed up with crappy cotton plastic back dust sheet as quality of them are poor.
What do you guys use?
I'm looking for something that can roll up, is light weight.

Corex great for jobs when there a long time.
And carpet roll/ roll and stroll good too!

Thanks
Sorry it's boring
Matt

1 8x5m tarp does any room in domestic roll up and bin after only a tenner!

Tramps!
Cost shouldn’t mean it’s just disposable. Think of the environment (y) this is the only planet we have and our future generations have to live in it.
Boring reply over :maraca:

dog-poop-tells-you-5.jpg
my favourite dusty s**t

Ive been using carpet protecyor for carpets and can buy rolls specifically for hardwood floors bit of a pain laying down first thing but a pleasure ripping it up with no mess
I’ve had spells of using them. If you’re there for a few days they’re great but if it’s a one dayer you can spend well over an hour getting it down nice and neat. Agree on the lifting it up though. Fold it all in and sometimes comes up cleaner than when you started haha

I like tarps because not only aree they waterproof but you can sweep up teh shite as you go along... they also tape down nicely as well...

I am not a fan of traditional dust sheets to be honest

How much does it cost for an average living room size?
Im not to sure i buy rolls of 10 i think there around 20 a roll but living room say cost about 10 12 quid well worth it. But like rossi says does take a little time laying it but saves cleaning works a treat.
I get it from wack wholesale

I’m interested in this too. Tried all sorts. Hardly drop anything but can guarantee if i do it will land in the 2mm gap in the dust sheet.

I used that roll and stroll carpet protection the other day and nearly suffocated myself. Ended up having a temper tantrum.

Tarps ok and cheap at toolstatiom

Id like some proper heavy duty dust sheets though

@Danny
Tried the old heavy duty tarp today. Works well, sweep up, roll up, and plaster splats will dry and fall off when you shake it out.

Only problem I see with tarps is if they get wet become slippery! I guess keep water to a minimum when troweling up or put a stair runner around the perimeter of the room.

Hi guys
Boring thread I know. Will have some smart arse comments about being a messy spread too!

I am feed up with crappy cotton plastic back dust sheet as quality of them are poor.
What do you guys use?
I'm looking for something that can roll up, is light weight.

Corex great for jobs when there a long time.
And carpet roll/ roll and stroll good too!

Thanks
Sorry it's boring
Matt

persimmons labourers are my favourite.

• Funny
Reactions: Djr
Very rare i need sheets but i get them big f**k of sheets from b nq . Tape round edges then put clothe sheets down . Tarps get to slippy for me.

I get the Costco dust sheets. Plastic lined. They last ages. When they’re not fit for internals they become render sheets. When they’re done on the rendering they become bed sheets. I get my money’s worth.

@Danny
Tried the old heavy duty tarp today. Works well, sweep up, roll up, and plaster splats will dry and fall off when you shake it out.

Only problem I see with tarps is if they get wet become slippery! I guess keep water to a minimum when troweling up or put a stair runner around the perimeter of the room.

I never found them to be slippery... i also carry a bath towel to mop up any big spills so maybe i dont make it wet enough to be slippery