Whitewash Overboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparksta

Im plastering an old house at the minute. doing the walls first tho as iv found the ceilings are whitewashed, i think the best thing to do is overboard it which i told the customer.. is there another way or am i going to do the best thing? iv been plastering for over a year but still have lots to learn

They need overboarding mate whitewash is not a paint
An not durable and does not adhere very well so to be safe board

If they don't want to pay for over boarding, Soak in pva and score deeply all areas with a knife then when bone dry soak again in strong pva and just as it dries hit it.

If they don't want to pay for over boarding, Soak in pva and score deeply all areas with a knife then when bone dry soak again in strong pva and just as it dries hit it.

why take any risks? overboard is so cheap if they cannot afford that , then it is not worth working for them!

I would want more money to do that than to throw a new ceiling up, we always keep a stock of boards on the van when doing ceiling skims so we can just overboard if anything looks suspect once you get a scraper on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.