Who on here actually has a trade

Members online

theclemo

Private Member
That can do all in the plastering trade. Not just skimming. that can do all. Internally and externally.

We will take any work on apart from fiberous.

Though really don't like/enjoy mono, dashing or screeding but will do if needed to follow a spec.

Only thing I didn’t do was fibrous.
Render
Render & set (sand/cement/sirapite)
All the gypsum backing coats & finishes
Little bit of pargetting
Floor screeding
Wall and floor tiling
Grano floors and skirtings
Limework, in and out.
Angles in Keene’s cement
Lathing
Tacking
Whining & complaining
Fixing walls and floors and ceilings so they look spot on s**t hot good.

On paper yes, in reality no as I've got zero experience in modern render systems. Up here external work back in the day was all roughcast.

we take on any plasterwork, fitting plasterboard, lathe, reed ceilings, rendering, pargetting, ewi, floor screeding. we don't like tape and jointing .

do most things
dont like screeding anymore, just get flow screed in.
not enough call for fiberous around here and no call for Venetian

Doesn’t mean a jot either way as long as your good at what you do, I say.
I did my apprenticeship in plastering and fibrous and that’s all I did for years with the odd bit of sand cement rendering.
All we do now is Ewi, mono or bucket coat rendering. I havnt done any internal plastering in about 8 years.

That can do all in the plastering trade. Not just skimming. that can do all. Internally and externally.
If you been bought up on old shool plastering Internal Dubing out screeding skim. External dashing rough cast float finish mixing by mixer. I think the modern way of plastering is exactly the same method just got to take your time to understand how it works. What I do if I haven't used the stuff before do my homework do a section wher nobody can see. So yes for a old school il cover most things and if I fail il do it til I get it rhight

I like to think i've got a trade but just a simple plasterer, who s met a few simple plasterers on here at the British gypsum mine tour a few years ago
my other trade is pole dancing :inocente::inocente:

Did this today tho so add chippy to my list

6A45D740-4625-46A7-A970-2703C3E5BF2C.jpeg
E2536DA4-9997-4240-9752-98E61F339067.jpeg

Doesn’t mean a jot either way as long as your good at what you do, I say.
I did my apprenticeship in plastering and fibrous and that’s all I did for years with the odd bit of sand cement rendering.
All we do now is Ewi, mono or bucket coat rendering. I havnt done any internal plastering in about 8 years.
I feel your pain

Don't do moulds, board or screed. Have boarded and screeded a little bit but not efficient in it. Don't do a lot of rough cast, most work since I been at it is rubbed or scratch render. But can dry dash. Wouldn't be highly confident at roughcast as I haven't done a lot of it. Can do the thin coat acrylic shite too. Bands and projective base n all. Inside is all sand cement float and skim usually.

Yup...

I have certificates and even I agree they are not worth the paper they are written on....

As long as what you do is perfect then who cares