Working alone

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
Just spent the last three days on a small job in an empty house completely alone. Only the radio for company.

i usually work with a mate when I plaster but not this time.

i felt like I was going mad by the end of day three. Working alone with no contact would make you loony after a while?

I hate that, I need someone to bring in the tools, the buckets, materials,get the water mix, then off I go...

Windy pal get in real world I think its a luxury if ive got someone mixing the only thing I hate is cleaning buckets top tip working alone PLANET ROCK ! Lol

the youngin who works with me says very little anyway so its like working on my own anyway................i just talk to me sen anyway.........:RpS_thumbup:

I've always worked alone, and wouldn't have it any other way....Argue to much when work with brother, so it's bliss on my own with radio and actually have more productive days as know one to chat to.....

i do not mind working alone but i would not listen to some half wit on the radio. do your head in.

Just me my trowel and absolute radio 99% of the time. Does get a bit quiet at times. Not too bad when youre in and out in a day or two. Im on a job atm apart from having last week away ive been on it for about 5 weeks. Mostly on my tod. Id go mad if I didn't have my radio.

I could not survive without my guys, too broken now to do anything other than plastering, I hardly even carry my lunch in. Always work as two and one, means we lose the jobs under 500 but ...

johniosaif;686032[COLOR=#ff0000 said:
]I could not survive without my gays, too much bumming now to do anything other than plastering[/COLOR], I hardly even carry my lunch in. Always work as two and one, means we lose the jobs under 500 but ...

wrong section marra......................:rolleyes)

Last edited:
TBH the only thing i miss when im on my own is having to unloading and load the van on my own

I love a day or 2 on my own, lads I work with are a bit full on. Nice to have a bit of peace

Work on my own most of the time, not enough money about to afford a labourer these days and to be honest I hate it just becoming to hard as I get older,

Injuries and wear and tear taking their toll on me too. Have to work smarter not harder these days.

I spend every day of my life at the moment in front of a screen working...

Jane goes to work before I am out of bed and she is in bed early so there is only really a couple hours of the day she is about....

I have to make a conscious effort to leave the house otherwise I have found in the past that I can go weeks without leaving. Its bonkers :-(

Every day I go for a wonder up the road to a friend who owns the local garage have a chat with him and then thursday friday saturday I will go to my local pub otherwise I would go nuts :)

During the day I have the radio on full blast and sing my heart out for company :) I am looking at getting a dog now as my health has almost stopped me from travelling now so hopefully this will be nice company for me during the day :)

Plastering on your own is no fun what so ever :)

If im tiling i do it on my own, but plastering i need someone to mix and fetch, i hate mixing,in fact i hate putting it on as well,i usually get the apprentice to mix, the lad to put it on then i follow and lay down and trowel up, **** maybe im just lazy ;)
and if its just me and the young lad its like working on your own,he is a dumb mute, just stares at you with mouth open and saliva drippingout. Proper fooking winds me up.
I swear, yeasterday he was tiding up and sent him to put **** in skip,2 skips outside, 1 by the shutter doors where we were working the other about 500 mt away, the numb **** walked past the nearest dribbling away from gob and shuffled over to the other !

If im tiling i do it on my own, but plastering i need someone to mix and fetch, i hate mixing,in fact i hate putting it on as well,i usually get the apprentice to mix, the lad to put it on then i follow and lay down and trowel up, **** maybe im just lazy ;)
and if its just me and the young lad its like working on your own,he is a dumb mute, just stares at you with mouth open and saliva drippingout. Proper fooking winds me up.
I swear, yeasterday he was tiding up and sent him to put **** in skip,2 skips outside, 1 by the shutter doors where we were working the other about 500 mt away, the numb **** walked past the nearest dribbling away from gob and shuffled over to the other !
ha ha pmsl that's mint cheered me up

As a schizophrenic I don't work on my own and we get on fine, don't we?
"No we don't you boring git, thank god for the radio!" :RpS_unsure:

Shite working on your own nothing worse you become a recluse and start to resenting working with other men, working with another spread is so much more productive setting up takes half the time which means early starts and earlier finishes..

Last edited:
Shite working on your own nothing worse you become a recluse and start to resenting working with other men, working with another spread is so much more productive setting up takes half the time which means early starts and earlier finishes..
Im the same, early start early finish early,fook working till 5, i drill it into lads, graft in morning,early dart :)

Shut up, your getting on me nerves now! :RpS_wink:

the youngin who works with me says very little anyway so its like working on my own anyway................i just talk to me sen anyway.........:RpS_thumbup:

images

You can't blame the poor fella for that though Arti, he doesn't have much option does he!?!?!

Its teaching him valuable life skills though.........................:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.