Working time / Suction control

Members online

Thankyou @Danny I'd like to donate my TPF mug to @maltman777 , not only do we share the same height, but the same biscuits and that is true brotherly love

PS - could have been worse - could have been an accountant :risas2:

Larry, you've been on this site 5 days or something and I've never seen an entrance like it. Everyone loves you mate. I really hope it works out for you bud. you're attitude is brillian

Not allowed mobiles while in the hmp-del-sol, which is why they were everywhere :risas2:

Each day was an amazing adventure, no one knew what was going on! The week I was due out someone lit an entire wing on fire, I had a look at the flames and dozens of fire engines, and went back to sleep - Just a normal day really lol

HAHAHA your display picture is someone behind bars!!!!!
Have you not got a real picture of you behind bars mate? that would be so sound!

@LarryTheLag im not local so tried take a few pictures today to help show what I’m saying

Walls were pva’d and left to dry. Pic 1

First coat on, try keep it reasonable but don’t mess with it at all. Put it on and don’t touch it. Pic 2

As your learning the gear probably too far gone to use for second coat so mix up a smaller amount and bit thinner

Put second coat on exactly the same way. First coat should still be bit wet so you’re actually flattening the first coat by applying the second. Pic 3

Once this coats on immediately go across it with your speedskim

Now leave it for a bit then trowlel
Up when it gone in a bit.Tip. If you’re creating lines its too soon. But don’t leave it too long. Keep an eye on it

Trowel up remove lines fill any bits and leave it, should be nice at this point

Leave for bit till firmed up then cross trowel it use water if needed pic 4

Attachments

• 9BC37883-257C-4B3F-8B7B-54BAC28C0079.jpeg
    9BC37883-257C-4B3F-8B7B-54BAC28C0079.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 251
  • CFA96E58-DDD1-4D59-B6FC-B9E3BBBAB518.jpeg
    CFA96E58-DDD1-4D59-B6FC-B9E3BBBAB518.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 242
  • D2752D6A-9687-419A-9BD9-0ABD5FA945AE.jpeg
    D2752D6A-9687-419A-9BD9-0ABD5FA945AE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 238
  • 1A66DBA9-58DA-41FE-A1D6-AC6D39F7CD2E.jpeg
    1A66DBA9-58DA-41FE-A1D6-AC6D39F7CD2E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 235
@LarryTheLag im not local so tried take a few pictures today to help show what I’m saying

First coat on, try keep it reasonable but don’t mess with it at all. Put it on and don’t touch it. Pic 2

As your learning the gear probably too far gone to use for second coat so mix up a smaller amount and bit thinner

Put second coat on exactly the same way. First coat should still be bit wet so you’re actually flattening the first coat by applying the second. Pic 3

Up when it gone in a bit.Tip. If you’re creating lines its too soon. But don’t leave it too long. Keep an eye on it

Why are you hanging your boxers on the client's clothes horse ya dirty basatrd. hope you're not skimming that wall naked

Thankyou very much for the time taken out of your day to do that for me - really appreciated, the pictures certainly help

Couple of questions!

A) Was the pva put on neat and how many layers do you usually do?

B) How long from the first mud on the hawk to finishing the last trowel take you for the first layer?

C) Did you finish the wall and then go back to flatten, or did you do a portion, flattern and then move on?

D) How long did you leave it between setting to work the final trowel?

You never gone in such details for @maltman777 and he was on here before Larry !?! And next time do what everyone on here does- take a picture while the plaster is still wet and shiny, this way no one can see the low spot left of the switch:tanguero:

You never gone in such details for @maltman777 and he was on here before Larry !?! And next time do what everyone on here does- take a picture while the plaster is still wet and shiny, this way no one can see the low spot left of the switch:tanguero:

That’s a good point, @maltman777 should ask himself that as I’ve offered advice to a few. Also offered work out on here and tried multiple times to throw work to @ChrispyUK

No lows on my work thankyou very much lol. Ironically I much prefer to see it dried out. Hate it when just finished and hate it even more when its half dry

Was 1 of 3 walls 1 gauge nice little day today home by 1 @John j

X

Attachments

• 7FC746E2-B867-4455-964A-CBD5C0265EF7.jpeg
    7FC746E2-B867-4455-964A-CBD5C0265EF7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 196
  • 79465556-92CD-49F6-ABC9-FD4488522AF3.jpeg
    79465556-92CD-49F6-ABC9-FD4488522AF3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 215
  • FFBB58FD-3D1E-4DF1-9016-2E391AB3F0C3.jpeg
    FFBB58FD-3D1E-4DF1-9016-2E391AB3F0C3.jpeg
    971 KB · Views: 192
That’s a good point, @maltman777 should ask himself that as I’ve offered advice to a few. Also offered work out on here and tried multiple times to throw work to @ChrispyUK

No lows on my work thankyou very much lol. Ironically I much prefer to see it dried out. Hate it when just finished and hate it even more when its half dry

Was 1 of 3 walls 1 gauge nice little day today home by 1 @John j

X

Soon mate....and I do appreciate the offer x

Thankyou very much for the time taken out of your day to do that for me - really appreciated, the pictures certainly help

Couple of questions!

A) Was the pva put on neat and how many layers do you usually do?

B) How long from the first mud on the hawk to finishing the last trowel take you for the first layer?

C) Did you finish the wall and then go back to flatten, or did you do a portion, flattern and then move on?

D) How long did you leave it between setting to work the final trowel?

Sorry mate I’ve only just clocked this message.

A) I mix pva with about 50/50 water. Sounds silly but The first coat of pva will tell you if you need another. 95% of the time i use one coat as I don’t want to he hanging around. But use 22 to be safe.. put first one and straight away do second it will go white for a little bit if fully covered.

B) the wall in picture took probably 10 mins (max) to put on. I had another 2 walls on with that one.

C) i dont flatten the first coat. I put first on, then second. Then flatten .

D) the walls finished while its still wet. Flat and filled. So can leave it for a while until its firm then cross trowel with spash of water

Hope this helps. Hard to explain really but this is the best way i can just try this

Pva and let dry

First coat on . Do not flatten or anything

Immediately put second coat on, use new gear until you’re more confident/quicker

Flatten immediately with speedskim

Let it pick up a bit and trowel up/flatten/fill with stainless

At this point it should be finishedish.. just need a cross