Cream of Tartar in your mix to slow down the setting process. Does it work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry tony, no its more that people at it all the time don't measure, they just get ready and get the labourer to mix, generally will know how much to mix by just looking at it, we done a ceiling with 12 bags once but had a nice scaffold to work on and done it as a rolling set, I was younger and fitter then though.
Do you ever get it wrong?? Do you measure up proper to price a job?

Sorry tony, no its more that people at it all the time don't measure, they just get ready and get the labourer to mix, generally will know how much to mix by just looking at it, we done a ceiling with 12 bags once but had a nice scaffold to work on and done it as a rolling set, I was younger and fitter then though.

Just a guess John but im guessing that Tony and the guy in the other thread arnt doing it all the time else they wouldn't be asking the questions they are in the DIY section.

Just a guess John but im guessing that Tony and the guy in the other thread arnt doing it all the time else they wouldn't be asking the questions they are in the DIY section.
That's a given, I was explaining why I said mix bucket and a half

Do you ever get it wrong?? Do you measure up proper to price a job?
I have not measured in years, I price by walking around,I used to be so busy that I gave away on average 80 per cent of work offers, not like that now but I am not like I was,I mostly do dayworks now at a decent rate.

Its just turn over Arti, means nothing if theres no profit in it.. Id imagine most of it is extra plaster that hes ordered that wasn't needed lol.
Yes turnover, some extra men on and off, materials, running costs, never really knew what I earned, twenty percent of it profit give or take.

so you dont measure and you dont know what you make..............:RpS_confused: dragons den for you then asif with business acumen like that

All I know is that I earned decent money, not life changing but enough for a good living,I am at the end of my plastering life so happy to do dayworks now .

your wrong there my friend, just done 12 months at plastering college and got nvq 1 and 2 so not a d.i.yer i am wanting to do this as a proffesion :)

Thats why in one of the earlier posts i was asking about getting on with a plasterer from leeds to get experience. Would labour and spread for a labourers wage !

Well said tony, lots of egos on here,,
1374955720512_zps2a55aa1e.jpg

your wrong there my friend, just done 12 months at plastering college and got nvq 1 and 2 so not a d.i.yer i am wanting to do this as a proffesion :)

Right Tony doing 12 months at college doesn't quite put you out there mate does it, not only that you've posted in the DIY section asking how to manage a 15m2 ceiling.

If you go back through the posts i was actually trying to help you as John gave you the wrong idea regarding how much gear you would need.

Take what you want from it mate it wasn't me asking for help.

Right Tony doing 12 months at college doesn't quite put you out there mate does it, not only that you've posted in the DIY section asking how to manage a 15m2 ceiling.

If you go back through the posts i was actually trying to help you as John gave you the wrong idea regarding how much gear you would need.

Sorry tony, some are tetchy on here..

Thats why i was asking about slowing the setting process down in the opening post to give me more time as i dont have the speed as yet. I know fully well you cant become a plasterer in 12 months thats why i am asking dohhh! Regarding m2, I know fully well a 25kg bag does around 10m2 so 2 coats on a 15m2 ceiling will need a couple of bags. Not rocket science matey !!

Thats why i was asking about slowing the setting process down in the opening post to give me more time as i dont have the speed as yet. I know fully well you cant become a plasterer in 12 months thats why i am asking dohhh! Regarding m2, I know fully well a 25kg bag does around 10m2 so 2 coats on a 15m2 ceiling will need a couple of bags. Not rocket science matey !!

You don't need to preach to me Tony i gave you the answer ages ago in good faith, if you knew you needed a bag an half why didn't you pick John up for advising you to use 2 1/4 bags ?

You don't need to put anything in to slow it down mate, and you don't need to lay it on really thick so you have more time, Just set your kit up take your time and have a routine. "Not rocket science matey".

Status
Not open for further replies.