Cream of Tartar in your mix to slow down the setting process. Does it work ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your ceiling is 15 m2 thats 1.5 bags for both coats. 1 bag first coat half bag second coat.

You came on asking for help why don't you take it on board instead of being a smug c unt.

Do your maths and stop chelping and been ignorant !! Opening post is about Cream of tartar not coverage so keep ya neb out

You believe that ? I have been convincing myself for years that I lose money every job,****, maybe I do.
1374958771140_zps900a73c5.jpg

just for you asif .....

Oi ! Tony....told you this topic wasn't ended....:RpS_thumbsup: thank feck you've got a sense of humour.:rolleyes)

Your pics are too deep asif .....and a bit shitte tbh ....:flapper:...a bit like tonys replies.

Tony If you have a smaller ceiling to do . If you dope that with the Trisodium say 50ml in a bucket you will see how much extra time you get. there is no set rule to any doping its trial and error but if you persevere you can slow the set to your own speed.as the lads say its all about speed and not putting on more than you can finish unless you tamper with the set. Unfortunately nobody knows your speed and none of us has a crystal ball.

Tony If you have a smaller ceiling to do . If you dope that with the Trisodium say 50ml in a bucket you will see how much extra time you get. there is no set rule to any doping its trial and error but if you persevere you can slow the set to your own speed.as the lads say its all about speed and not putting on more than you can finish unless you tamper with the set. Unfortunately nobody knows your speed and none of us has a crystal ball.

Thanks for that mate appreciated :)

Your pics are too deep asif .....and a bit shitte tbh ....:flapper:...a bit like tonys replies.
Practising photo bucket, hard to find ones that are relevant but most of what is said here is not relevant, been listening to people banging on about working for £2 a metre for the last year and that is fine by you guys, cheap and misery is fine, anyone making money and you all get upset, I think you lot are Irish...x x

Practising photo bucket, hard to find ones that are relevant but most of what is said here is not relevant, been listening to people banging on about working for £2 a metre for the last year and that is fine by you guys, cheap and misery is fine, anyone making money and you all get upset, I think you lot are Irish...x x

:RpS_confused:

will i get ripped if i say i am getting 250 for that 15m2 ceiling or shall i keep it to my self ?

Lol.... Asif.. I never had nowt as a kid but never wanted for anything, not poor as such but not well off. Dragged up in a housing scheme, blah blah Blah,if you know what I mean.

Worked ever since I left school, and now, just recently went self employed.but if ever get in a position where I'm makin the "big numbers" you throw about, I know I won't start being the big Billy big time smug cuunt, cause if I do ive got mates (and some of them have successful in their life) who will swiftly kick my balls and bring me back down to earth. Hope this helps.....

all for people doin well and succeeding ... It's not what youve got,it's who you are with it.
Any way have to go I've got two big 250k jobs to price in some feckin fancy area 10 flats hi spec refurbs.lol..... Or is it £2 per metre.... I'll try not to get upset lol

Last edited:
when did anyone say it was fine to graft for £2 a metre? and who gets upset about anyone making money?. My point was why do you keep feeling the need to drop numbers into your posts?. and in answer to your comment about being irish, i have irish heritage to be sure to be sure..................:RpS_thumbup:

when did anyone say it was fine to graft for £2 a metre? and who gets upset about anyone making money?. My point was why do you keep feeling the need to drop numbers into your posts?. and in answer to your comment about being irish, i have irish heritage to be sure to be sure..................:RpS_thumbup:
No one ever says to be sure to be sure to,be sure. I think its wrong on here when people post publicly that they will or are working for £1.75 to £2 a metre, those posts have been ongoing since the downturn, my point is that if builders see that's what they will work then that's what they will pay,

Lol.... Asif.. I never had nowt as a kid but never wanted for anything, not poor as such but not well off. Dragged up in a housing scheme, blah blah Blah,if you know what I mean.

Worked ever since I left school, and now, just recently went self employed.but if ever get in a position where I'm makin the "big numbers" you throw about, I know I won't start being the big Billy big time smug cuunt, cause if I do ive got mates (and some of them have successful in their life) who will swiftly kick my balls and bring me back down to earth. Hope this helps.....

all for people doin well and succeeding ... It's not what youve got,it's who you are with it.
Any way have to go I've got two big 250k jobs to price in some feckin fancy area 10 flats hi spec refurbs.lol..... Or is it £2 per metre.... I'll try not to get upset lol
I don't talk about earnings or what I have got, just what work I used to do, it may have come across wrong but unintentionally.

Kin ell John how thick do you put your finish on ?

i think too many put their first coat on too thinly. My second coat goes on when the first has set up a bit and all of the lines from the first have been flattened.
Tony you could also try a handful of thistle bonding coat in with your first mix, this will hold back the skim also.Dont rush to put on the second as when you have the first under control the rest will be a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.