How many coats of plaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being funny lads but most of us if not all of us are taught to give it two coats Bg tells us it needs to be done in two coats and everywhere tells you to, How can you have any argument that 1 coat is right when the manufacturers tell you its not and its there product!! Just my opinion but each to there own i guess.
tell us why it needs doing in two coats and why you can't one coat give us all the technical info
and from a plasterers point of view why if both are at 2-3mm why you can't one coat, I await you're reply and it better be a ******* good one

Haha Spunky re-read the post I not once said it was wrong did I! I was merely stating that the ones that were one coating don't really have a argument when the manufacturers tell you the way it should be done and if you have done a apprenticeship been taught that way! So get your head out your arse mate I put each to there own and only my opinion! So if there is instructions on a method its the people doing it the other way that's got to argue why there way is better or at least the same result. I hope this isnt a satisfactory answer because I am intrigued to see what happens if its not!

blah blah blah another idiot who can't do it

What a great reply! very well done because someone has a opinion means he cant do something hahaha also your saying if you cant do something your a idiot which I would assume means quite a lot of things to someone of your mental strength and the blah blah blah bit is like a kid with fingers in there ears when they cant answer a valid response! get a grip we all have are opinions you don't know what my work is like as I don't you either!

What happens if you have to give a wall 3 coats do you have to knock it down and start again?

How have i lost it because you say so? you should tell the guys that make the product and what is taught at city and guilds that they got it wrong and should do it your way because your way is the right way not there's!!! I say the way most plasterers do it which on here is majority two coating is right and a pathetic person like you who thinks he is right when no one actually said it was wrong! And also after you put "blah blah blah another idiot who can't do it" I should of put looks like you lost that debate your a moron and probably very undereducated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.