Breaking news

Members online

No members online now.
What could they replace it with? (lathe and plaster)

The same as northern Europe,
Plaster block, solid block of plaster that dovetail together to build a party wall.
all floors are concrete slabs for under floor heating on all levels. no plasterboard required.

Ok just heard this from a lad I know who works at British Gypsum. Apparently the are going to stop making 8x4 boards on health and safety reasons and are already changing all their machines over .
Christ I reckon we use more 2.7 and 3m boards than 2.4's. How's that going to work?

Nothing wrong with 8x4 boards .its how we work with them that is the problem . They should make a lighter board for ceilings and a stiffer one for dabbing walls as the standard are to flimsey Imo . I like the idea of using the new Habito boards for dabbing walls as you could use less addy to fix and you can screw into them without the need to find a solid dab . But i guess its down to cost .

Is health and safety on sites governed by the eu ?
IMO health and safety as a rule is governed by time and cost ,In many cases it is a load of bullshit until it all goes wrong and then it becomes a big ass covering exercise . When there is no money left on the job the health and safety aspect suddenly becomes less important and a* just get it done attitude* seems to be the way .

I have tacked ceilings on my own for years without a lifter... it's about technique and being skilled enough to cut them right first time so you only have to lift them once

I have tacked ceilings on my own for years without a lifter... it's about technique and being skilled enough to cut them right first time so you only have to lift them once
Have you got a bad back Danny .......just asking

your right all the heroes in the grave yards
Exactly that mate! It’s only when you become of age that you think differently and sadly by then you’re f**k*d! 2 jobs and then the poxy things paid for. No brainer norm! X