Hardwall

Members online

ChrispyUK

Is hardwall OK to use on 1930's house (no cavity) on external walls and chimney breasts.

Just started internal refurb today and need to do some patching, but getting mixed messages.

Don't they have lime mortar I'm not going act like I haven't done before lol don't use it on bottoms metre five high especially any indication of damp

Use multi and chuck handful of lime in each bag of multi should open the skim up in theory but the new skim is synthetic now appearntly f**k knows

Long story short Ive done it loads no problem unless existing damp

Don't they have lime mortar I'm not going act like I haven't done before lol don't use it on bottoms metre five high especially any indication of damp

Use multi and chuck handful of lime in each bag of multi should open the skim up in theory but the new skim is synthetic now appearntly f**k knows

No obvious signs of damp yet, but first day on job and have stripped paper from whole upstairs and down stair well. Cheers Bert.

Is hardwall OK to use on 1930's house (no cavity) on external walls and chimney breasts.

Just started internal refurb today and need to do some patching, but getting mixed messages.
No don't use hardwall it suck in to quick , hardwall is ok on new work like f**k**g hospital use sand cement the best u can sand cement one day skim next day no suction

No don't use hardwall it suck in to quick , hardwall is ok on new work like f**k**g hospital use sand cement the best u can sand cement one day skim next day no suction
Andy G my lover you do know your s**t

Expect hairline cracks if you use cement to old lime walls though

What do you mean Andy, you Pva bricks no shrinking, it does not effect the house in small amounts

It will be fine to use hardwall for patching unless there are signs of constant water ingress but that's another problem that requires more in depth work .

As Beader says, if it's just patching or filling chases I've always done it, would never get anything done using sand and cement. Never had a problem!

If no cavity and whole wall needs floating I'd use sand and cement though.

It will be fine to use hardwall for patching unless there are signs of constant water ingress but that's another problem that requires more in depth work .
As Beader says, if it's just patching or filling chases I've always done it, would never get anything done using sand and cement. Never had a problem!

If no cavity and whole wall needs floating I'd use sand and cement though.

Cheers both...kinda,what I was thinking. Will see how much is blown and go from there.

I'd stay clear of Hardwall especially with no cavity mate it will absorb damp like no tomorrow. Try build a stud in front with insulation.
Or try bauwer lime render.

A bit far gone for patching! :D

IMG_20181009_163928.jpg

No cavity. Lime mortar build. 1930s.

Hydraulic lime render, putty top coat

Or

S and c and multi

Any sign of rising damp then membrane it up to 1200 from dpc if s and c it.

Thing is sand cement 5and 1 mix waterproof in u can scrap back hardwall is rock f**k**g hard

Seriously Gaz ? What a pile of s**t you dumped here! Stick to YouTube you dead c**t!