House been rendered in Weber - advice wanted

Dmac78

Hello E1..The "Plasterers" who did this obviously are inexperienced ? Not straightened and they definitely did not use the I-section before scraping. They should re-do the work, I would and any real plasterer would. Bad light will show up little imperfections always, but not as bad as this attempt ☹

Thanks for all your comments... still waiting for them to come and try resolve it. A thin “slurry” coat over the top has been suggested.

Finbar63

We’ve just had our house rendered using Weber Render in Silver Pearl. I was unhappy about the expansion bead at the back of the house and the difference in colour already ( looks like two houses) Tonight we have put on the outside lights and the walls look a mess. All pitted and uneven. Is this normal?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Finbar63

We’ve just had our house rendered using Weber Render in Silver Pearl. I was unhappy about the expansion bead at the back of the house and the difference in colour already ( looks like two houses) Tonight we have put on the outside lights and the walls look a mess. All pitted and uneven. Is this normal?

Any advice would be gratefully received.
ive just seen your render now the person who did this has not got a clue what he is doing the difference in colour is most likely down to different batch numbers or he has scratched one panel on same day as application and scratched other panel the following day to application.as for the finish you are right to presume you would have a nice flat finish he has not used the correct finishing tools to achieve this.as for putting it right you will need to re coat entire render with rend aid then re render using 10mm beads with a different applicator

ive just seen your render now the person who did this has not got a clue what he is doing the difference in colour is most likely down to different batch numbers or he has scratched one panel on same day as application and scratched other panel the following day to application.as for the finish you are right to presume you would have a nice flat finish he has not used the correct finishing tools to achieve this.as for putting it right you will need to re coat entire render with rend aid then re render using 10mm beads with a different applicator
It can’t have another coat as there is brick architectural detailing on the corners of the house. It’s been suggested that another coat goes on but is feathered out from the corners but I’m worried you will see the curve on the wall. I think it’s going to have to come off and start again... as yet still waiting for this to happen.

Finbar63

It can’t have another coat as there is brick architectural detailing on the corners of the house. It’s been suggested that another coat goes on but is feathered out from the corners but I’m worried you will see the curve on the wall. I think it’s going to have to come off and start again... as yet still waiting for this to happen.
you could bead around architectural detail and still be left with same effect it would be easier than removing render