House been rendered in Weber - advice wanted

Members online

Nice kitchen.
Seriously you know it ain't great so it's up to you what the next step is .
1 small claims
2 get some one of here who people vouch for to put it right and loose 5 and half grand
3 live with it . Which you already said you cant
I really want to see a straight edge across it. Bet it's terrible

Even if we take him to court for our money back, we are going to have to then pay another £8500 for someone to do it and then whatever it costs to hack it all off. Feeling really really gutted about the whole thing. I was so excited to have the house finally finished.

Even if we take him to court for our money back, we are going to have to then pay another £8500 for someone to do it and then whatever it costs to hack it all off. Feeling really really gutted about the whole thing. I was so excited to have the house finally finished.
It’s not as big a fix as the original job. Try not to stress. In the grand scheme of things it’s a wall.
Get as much as you can back from whoever did it.
Find someone recommended that can do a thin coat job. A polymer base coat to flatten it out and a silicone/acrylic finish in any RAL/NCS colour you want. Job done. Sleep well again.

Tell him he's ruined your home and to give you your money back plus a grand for hacking off the s**t, if he doesn't comply do whatever it takes to get your money back,
Don't let him take you for a mug twice

Just seeing this post ! It’s not good lighting will not help but this is not acceptable in my view ! But the figure of 8k surly is false

It’s not as big a fix as the original job. Try not to stress. In the grand scheme of things it’s a wall.
Get as much as you can back from whoever did it.
Find someone recommended that can do a thin coat job. A polymer base coat to flatten it out and a silicone/acrylic finish in any RAL/NCS colour you want. Job done. Sleep well again.
Would that not make it too thick? We have brick edging that the render butts up to.

Attachments

• 456A0ED3-F8C8-4156-86D8-540F11C6738E.jpeg
    456A0ED3-F8C8-4156-86D8-540F11C6738E.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 355
You would be mad not to get your money back and get it redone by someone proper, there's a bad rendering competition on here yours has won

so in the old days before machines no big jobs?
How long these renders been about ..
I.m far from a expert but to get it on 10 mm even though it says one coat . You have to do two when handballing or it sags . And you cant let the first dry to much .
So imo on a big gable it's hard graft for one man

For those that said the lighting doesn’t help. These are taken with just the security lights on which point away from the house.

I was considering just living with it but I really don’t think I can.
T
For those that said the lighting doesn’t help. These are taken with just the security lights on which point away from the house.

I was considering just living with it but I really don’t think I can.
The light is shining down the wall. It will make 99% of any render look bad. Especially with the light you have. Or even brick work look s**t. U did get a bad job tho. But even if u get the job done again don't put that light back there.

I.m far from a expert but to get it on 10 mm even though it says one coat . You have to do two when handballing or it sags . And you cant let the first dry to much .
these renders have been out years.
we started with permarock externals about 30 years ago. they were up and running at that time.
about that time we went down to Tilberg in Netherlands to mono tower blocks.

these renders have been out years.
we started with permarock externals about 30 years ago. they were up and running at that time.
about that time we went down to Tilberg in Netherlands to mono tower blocks.

Have they been spraying back then

We’ve just had our house rendered using Weber Render in Silver Pearl. I was unhappy about the expansion bead at the back of the house and the difference in colour already ( looks like two houses) Tonight we have put on the outside lights and the walls look a mess. All pitted and uneven. Is this normal?

Any advice would be gratefully received.
When picking dog poo up always make sure the poop bag does not have any holes in it ......You are welcome. :).

The job is an example of a skimmer someone that can DAB and skim calls theirself plasterer insulting, a proper plasterer can do any internal piece of piss because he can render and screed floors also, they're taking the cream out of the job anyone just thinks they can do it,
I've put jobs like this right,
the customer has claimed off the builders insurance, ask for his insurance details he might just s**t himself and pay up

i agree but you would get someone to help you.

Have they been spraying back then

a local chap was spraying here in Colchester in the early 70s. he won some large commercial contracts.
the pump would only spray British gypsum projection plasters which were expensive. he could not find staff who could rule in . he packed up and moved to USA.
They have been spraying in the Netherlands for years, using self finishing plasters. that how they can pay high wages as production is so high.

a local chap was spraying here in Colchester in the early 70s. he won some large commercial contracts.
the pump would only spray British gypsum projection plasters which were expensive. he could not find staff who could rule in . he packed up and moved to USA.
They have been spraying in the Netherlands for years, using self finishing plasters. that how they can pay high wages as production is so high.

Self finishing plasters?

How the hell does that work?

Nice kitchen.
Seriously you know it ain't great so it's up to you what the next step is .
1 small claims
2 get some one of here who people vouch for to put it right and loose 5 and half grand
3 live with it . Which you already said you cant
Pervert!!

Self finishing plasters?

How the hell does that work?

both the concrete and gypsum blocks, are dovetailed on each side. they are laid tight using tile adhesive. the walls are plum and dead straight.
gypsum blocks are used for party walls, no plasterboard.gypsum blocks are coloured, pink for soundproof, green for waterproof, magnolia for other rooms.
the electric and plumbing chases, reveals are floated out with Gips [knauf] goldband. fit thin coat beads. skim ceilings and walls in self finishing plaster, this is ready mixed in rubber bags, spray or handball. 1 or 2 coats as you please, run a splat over the plaster, brush down internals. it dries white next day. this method gives high production.

So the readymix self finishing plaster just required a spat over it once > done?

yes. the plaster then finishes its self.
you have the choice of method you use, you can skim the whole wall or just do the joints in the gypsum blocks, both methods will decorate. i skim the whole wall as i think it looks better.
the ceilings are concrete slabs they are fully skimmed.

yes. the plaster then finishes its self.
you have the choice of method you use, you can skim the whole wall or just do the joints in the gypsum blocks, both methods will decorate. i skim the whole wall as i think it looks better.
the ceilings are concrete slabs they are fully skimmed.
sounds a good system for bead tape

nobody use an i bar these days. even in sunshine at an angle and you get 30 min a day for deflections before being snagged. its pretty poor