House been rendered in Weber - advice wanted

That’s exactly my worry, I’ve since found out he folded a previous company and this is a new one with a slightly different name. I did pay the money into his personal account though, not business account. I’m not sure if that means I can claim from him directly
Payd money into his personal account , suggest HMRC may be interested in that.

The reveals, all angled for water to run in behind the frames... perfect

Attachments

• 53A464AE-3032-4A78-8562-6B151F66ABF6.jpeg
    53A464AE-3032-4A78-8562-6B151F66ABF6.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 446
  • 7C810522-7DBD-406B-856D-8017F2A47C4C.jpeg
    7C810522-7DBD-406B-856D-8017F2A47C4C.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 454
  • 8C1C9D07-2FF1-4853-AF4A-7895F9B73242.jpeg
    8C1C9D07-2FF1-4853-AF4A-7895F9B73242.jpeg
    257.4 KB · Views: 408
Yes. Though he says he will walk away if we settle 8of the 9500 he wanted.

i would tell him that the work has not been carried out to a standard to add value to your property. therefore you are going to have the work brought up to an acceptable standard by another contractor.
if after you have paid to have the work corrected there is any money left over then it will be forwarded to him.
if the costs are over the amount that he has left on the job you will be seeking a payment from him .
the works will be overseen by an architect.

I don’t suppose there is anyone on here that is local ish to Southampton that would be willing to come and have a look and write a report on what they see the issues are? I don’t mind paying. I just need something in black/white to add to the evidence for a small claims.

I don’t suppose there is anyone on here that is local ish to Southampton that would be willing to come and have a look and write a report on what they see the issues are? I don’t mind paying. I just need something in black/white to add to the evidence for a small claims.
£70 a metre I charge, it's about 100 miles from me to you :ROFLMAO:

I thought you had dan coming over to view off here?

The reveals, all angled for water to run in behind the frames... perfect
Genuinely that's the worst angle of a reveal I've ever seen. I can't believe someone managed to do that so badly. He hasn't got a hope in hell in winning at a small claims court

You would be better off aproaching the manufacturer of said product and asking for local rep or approved contractor's but you have to appreciate there needs to be a healthy incentive for anyone to get involved.

i think your claim is above the limit for small claims court.

We’ve just had our house rendered using Weber Render in Silver Pearl. I was unhappy about the expansion bead at the back of the house and the difference in colour already ( looks like two houses) Tonight we have put on the outside lights and the walls look a mess. All pitted and uneven. Is this normal?

Any advice would be gratefully received.
The two different shades are because one side was scratched on the same day, the other side was scratched the following day. No it doesn't look acceptable. Call a Webber rep and he will let you know.

The two different shades are because one side was scratched on the same day, the other side was scratched the following day. No it doesn't look acceptable. Call a Webber rep and he will let you know.
say again?

one side was scratched the same day but the other was the following day.
on what day were they scratched.
answers on a postcard with name and address to tapit@hmrc.co