I need a screw

@Groove37 when a chipboard floor is screwed to a new build joist the best practice is to glue the chipboard sheets to the joists as well as each other with a D4 glue
Follow the trend several years back started to insure I followed all of the advice given and haven't received one phone call for cracks screw head pops etc, if you're gonna do the job do it proper

Follow the trend several years back started to insure I followed all of the advice given and haven't received one phone call for cracks screw head pops etc, if you're gonna do the job do it proper
That's right Tom.

Do it right, do it once.

On site the other day and building control was telling me that a new regulation will be required in 2020 to screw every 150ml now,
We've just started doing it

Last edited:
Forearms like popeye or @carl-the-plasterer
giphy (29).gif

thin coat of adhesive first then (y)
I bet you site monkeys wouldn't even put a tight coat of bonding over that.

There's no snaggers behind you on domestic work you know.

Bish bosh that'll do. This is the man's house we're talking about here.

You animal.

I bet you site monkeys wouldn't even put a tight coat of bonding over that.

There's no snaggers behind you on domestic work you know.

Bish bosh that'll do. This is the man's house we're talking about here.

You animal.

there are snaggers on domestic

there called painters (y) (y)

"the mans house"
but sexist mate.

he might be a woman or married

or the mens house.

there are snaggers on domestic

there called painters (y) (y)

"the mans house"
but sexist mate.

he might be a woman or married

or the mens house.

Oh well that good isn't it?

Why don't you just say there is a snagger. It's called the customer.

On site the other day and building control was telling me that a new regulation will be required in 2020 to screw every 150ml now,
[/QUOTE]
when I first started work no screws only what they called jagged clouts that was a nail with a coarse galvanised shank meant to stop nail working loose on ceilings all fixed every 4 inch

when I first started work no screws only what they called jagged clouts that was a nail with a coarse galvanised shank meant to stop nail working loose on ceilings all fixed every 4 inch
[/QUOTE]
Yep. The top of my head is flat and I'm deaf from boarding in the 90s

[/QUOTE]
all young plasterers had a bald patch from boarding did u never get the black fingernails from missing with the hammer warmed the fingers on a frosty morning

all young plasterers had a bald patch from boarding did u never get the black fingernails from missing with the hammer warmed the fingers on a frosty morning
[/QUOTE]
Tackers elbow

Tackers elbow
[/QUOTE]
that as well/ why as nobody picked up on this thread i need a screw if the person is a female I will screw it and skim ceiling for fck all

Am Male but am thinking of taking cockney1 genorus offer.
Still looking looking for tips on the best/your favourite/ worst make or supplier of screws.