Life after plastering

Members online

No members online now.
Just become a turder @Vincey x

Everyday a different challenge, and at night, talk shite and annoy everyone on TPF :D
Lol I think I’d have to go into gardening services or similar if I ever did pack it all in , just reading all these old timers going on about lecturing etc is probably my worst nightmare stuck in a school building all time
Would send me mad

Lol I think I’d have to go into gardening services or similar if I ever did pack it all in , just reading all these old timers going on about lecturing etc is probably my worst nightmare stuck in a school building all time
Would send me mad

You would be a great teacher m8.

You have enthusiasm, and its infectious. Just be Vincey.

Would send me mad
Old timers lol.
Well I've had enough of this shite. I'm 45 and can't cope with the idea of doing this for another 20+ years.
Just trying to find the cheapest way of getting the nvq3 then its either SSSTS for site supervisor or a PTLLS to teach...

Old timers lol.
Well I've had enough of this shite. I'm 45 and can't cope with the idea of doing this for another 20+ years.
Just trying to find the cheapest way of getting the nvq3 then its either SSSTS for site supervisor or a PTLLS to teach...
i know a guy who does the nvq

Sperm banks are running low and paying top dollar for donations, think I'd become a full-time w@nker

my mate is a private car driver picks up this russian kid from stansted airport to bring him back to his private school near here he is doing an a level in bartending reckons bartenders in dubai on on about 100 k a year

just spoken to him he only does london for some reason he reckons phone geason training they do nationwide

40 is the cut off, those who under charge have an early grave those who work smart not harder invest in property or something else or change career.
RHShIoK.gif

I went to local college few weeks ago 32 students on courses , tbh it was a great experience am back there week after next , no money involved simply there to help out but deep down if I enjoy as much as last time might look into maybe getting properly involved

I went to local college few weeks ago 32 students on courses , tbh it was a great experience am back there week after next , no money involved simply there to help out but deep down if I enjoy as much as last time might look into maybe getting properly involved
Did you learn much Vincey?

Youd be a good teacher Pete....your enthusiasm would rub off on the pupils make them feel like it's actually worth doing

Depends on where you’re at in life. If you’ve established a good financial situation and you can afford to?

I see what your saying Jess but that is like saying if you are financially secure as a plasterer why not charge £160 a day for example? problem is it effects everyone else...but unfortunately that is the way the market is...on my surveying course we have a few students who are saying they will be charging £300 for a survey....when our tutor is charging £900 - £1500...he said to them they are crazy and will make it harder for everyone else to get decent fees....

I see what your saying Jess but that is like saying if you are financially secure as a plasterer why not charge £160 a day for example? problem is it effects everyone else...but unfortunately that is the way the market is...on my surveying course we have a few students who are saying they will be charging £300 for a survey....when our tutor is charging £900 - £1500...he said to them they are crazy and will make it harder for everyone else to get decent fees....
It takes time to learn the trade and get established enough to have enough work and customers to charge top rates.
It is also dependent on local variations but I agree you should not under sell yourself.
A junior doctor will never be on the same rate as a consultant.

At least @Vincey will be able to actually help students. I have met a lot of lecturers and most have not got any real world experience.

I remember chatting to one who was giving a student some advice and it was absolute shite what he was telling them to do.... turns out the lecturer when straight from learning to plaster at college to being a lecturer

It takes time to learn the trade and get established enough to have enough work and customers to charge top rates.

Twoddle....

I was charging top rates from day 1....

did you go round quoting customers and say that you have only plastering a few years so I will be cheaper....

Building a customer base takes time I agree.

I do wonder sometimes about people who learn a trade but forget to learn about business.....

Twoddle....

I was charging top rates from day 1....

did you go round quoting customers and say that you have only plastering a few years so I will be cheaper....

Building a customer base takes time I agree.

I do wonder sometimes about people who learn a trade but forget to learn about business.....
But as a fresh plasterer out of college you would have been a lot slower and not earning as much regardless of rates charged

They wont be out quoting for customer's.... they will be classed as an improver... and will/should be working for a proper plasterer....

You either can plaster or you cant... if you cant then sod off and if you can it needs to be right because if not then you cant plaster