Lovely

A site monkey is someone who only knows how to skim plaster boards and probably does a one coat special. if you were a serious sole trader you woudlnt want people like this guy on your patch.
Well i work on site all the time and can do alot more than skimming and i never 1 coat

I was been sarcastic I pass any painting jobs on to a female decorator as it goes bit of a dog but lovely lass and she does a cracking job (y)

Well you're just being a trowel Monkey and not a business man then aren't you?

Take the job on and pay someone else to do it at a profit.

If people are stupid enough f**k them and plasterings a piece of piss nothing hard about it any c**t with half a brain can do it
Disagree all you like its the truth if homeowners dont do their homework on who is coming into their house f**k them

Well you're just being a trowel Monkey and not a business man then aren't you?

Take the job on and pay someone else to do it at a profit.
It works both ways so not really a loss of work you recommend people for jobs it seems to come back quite often with folk

Difficult painting doesn't exist on good plastering - painters make their money by either being fast or by understanding prep...

You've already done the prep by plastering properly so it's just a case of whacking it on.

If the customer does happen to ask something you don't know the answer to then just be honest and tell them you're a plasterer.

You've already got your foot in the door after you've plastered and they're happy so in my view, it's downright r******d to walk away from work that you could make more profit on.
Just whack it on lol. U clearly don’t know what decorating is. More to it the whacking it on jar head

It works both ways so not really a loss of work you recommend people for jobs it seems to come back quite often with folk

Been there during the boom ... everyone stood at the bar wearing work boots and passing work around. All the business done in the pub.

But I shouldn't have passed anyone anything. Should have controlled the lot and made a fortune.

Older and wiser

these threads will seem very irrelevant when chinky flu kicks in! I don’t like plastering it’s dead f**k**g boring if I’m honest wasn’t always I suppose times change eh (y)

How did I know gibbo was a site monkey. Hasn’t got a clue what it’s like pricing jobs up and competing against cheap chancers.
just gets his skim on and then another monkey sands it down after ready to paint. ive been on site a few times and the workmanship is so poor. Had mates buy brand new houses and when the light hits the walls at certain times of the day they shocking. One you can see the ceiling joints because it’s obviously been one coated.

Actually I think we're (most of us) missing a trick taking on the painting. Decorators are sometimes getting as much to splosh a bit of emulsion around as we do to plaster.
We're going to be pricing up to paint one of the renders we did last year. Looks like it could be a very nice little earner.
I think your spot on with that

How did I know gibbo was a site monkey. Hasn’t got a clue what it’s like pricing jobs up and competing against cheap chancers.
just gets his skim on and then another monkey sands it down after ready to paint. ive been on site a few times and the workmanship is so poor. Had mates buy brand new houses and when the light hits the walls at certain times of the day they shocking. One you can see the ceiling joints because it’s obviously been one coated.
No one sands my work and if you knew what painters should do they should sand all plaster work down no matter how good it is

Clueless obviously not a time severd spread

t-birds lol.gif