Low point scraping barrel

Lol van been sign written for years . It’s just quiet round my way at the minute. Can’t believe how many plasterers are popping up a Facebook with posts like “ wow what a busy start to the year need a quote inbox me “ . If they are that busy why put a post on saying inbox me
A spread I know just moved to manchester says he's picking up work from shpock , it's free but not looked myself

There's scaffolds going up everywhere where I live mate.....
You interested in a plan with me @Vincey and @theclemo ???

Spray the house during the night and demand £15 grand in the morning ??

We'l get @Andy g to knock the door ...."wheres our money cuunt"
You might joke but there used to be a tacking outfit here that would drive around and if they saw a house with a pack of boards outside they'd just tack it and demand payment. Not the sort you'd argue with either.

You might joke but there used to be a tacking outfit here that would drive around and if they saw a house with a pack of boards outside they'd just tack it and demand payment. Not the sort you'd argue with either.

Ive come across all sorts Andy mate.
Hiding screws beads etc...
Square up to the biggest they always Shite themselves.

Plasterers dream of being hard.
Steroid heads are the worst.

The cousin was in Boston for a few years in the early nineties.The Donegal lads would follow the delivery trucks with slabs and skim and would walk in and undercut any price.

The problem is with mybuilder is there’s only ever going to be one winner, and that’s mybuilder.
Hats off to the guy who created it because he’s basically raking in money from tradesmen before they even speak to the potential customer.

There’s never a bad period for mybuilder. If there’s no work about tradesmen use the site in hope of getting a bit of work. If it’s a busy period there’s more work on mybuilder for tradesmen to fight over. Win/Win for mybuilder.

They turned over £7,700,000 in 2017 that’s money solely from tradesmen paying money in exchange to earn money. It’s f**k**g crazy.
It’s like gambling, in fact it’s probably worse as your staking money on the hope of winning more back to pay your mortgage and put snap on the table.

Mybuilder (despite what they claim) do not care about standard of work, complaints or whose done what. Their interest is over as soon as you are shortlisted and then billed for the customers details.

We tried it a few years ago for rendering work. £25 a pop for jobs. £25.00 f**k**g quid. That’s a pub lunch and the leg over with the wife prices.

Saw a few jobs with one guy wanting a pair of new build semi detached houses rendering for £1500 and had what once, maybe, could have been a tower scaffold in a former life scattered across the site like the remains of an aircraft accident.

£1500 for both properties about 200m2 of mono.

Some tradesmen will do ok but like with a gambling addict, they only tell you about the jobs won.

No shame in being short of work, when times are good which they will be again, put a little to one side and enjoy the time off (easier said than done) and maybe try and get through some home improvement jobs you’ve been putting off.

Best of luck mate.

Ok I know nothing of 'My builder' so an unbiased opinion of that advertisement.

i need a plasterer and come across that advertisement...........................

I would be interested in the insurance and some of the on job pics. But I would want to see finished pics and reviews from customers which he has and many.

I would want him to contact me within minutes to hours at least and turn up to see job within a few days if not sooner if possible. I find the form filling off putting should be simpler.

If I was plasterer I would put advertisements online with contact number and refer and link to the advertisement in 'my builder' to gain work over less expense with own advertising.

Ok I know nothing of 'My builder' so an unbiased opinion of that advertisement.

i need a plasterer and come across that advertisement...........................

I would be interested in the insurance and some of the on job pics. But I would want to see finished pics and reviews from customers which he has and many.

I would want him to contact me within minutes to hours at least and turn up to see job within a few days if not sooner if possible. I find the form filling off putting should be simpler.

If I was plasterer I would put advertisements online with contact number and refer and link to the advertisement in 'my builder' to gain work over less expense with own advertising.

So you’re form of advertising is to point a potential customer in the direction of a website likely full of cheap as f**k skimmers? Lol.

Lol van been sign written for years . It’s just quiet round my way at the minute. Can’t believe how many plasterers are popping up a Facebook with posts like “ wow what a busy start to the year need a quote inbox me “ . If they are that busy why put a post on saying inbox me

Plasterers who put messages like this up are sat at home watching the box...I mean why would you tell everyone you are so busy and to book quickly if you want work carried out? Can't get any thicker.

So you’re form of advertising is to point a potential customer in the direction of a website likely full of cheap as f**k skimmers? Lol.
Not at all. Advertising is very expensive and to have a website with all you stuff on is more money and essential. But if you havent and you have your stuff and more importantly reviews elsewhere then link to that particular ad.

The internet is full of plasterers. The customer will make their mind up on more than one search and not the cheapest. If they look for the cheapest then let them work away. Thats the customer you do not want.

How does your work from these customers with endless supplies of money which they always appear to throw in your direction Lurpy. Or is it all make believe.

Plasterers who put messages like this up are sat at home watching the box...I mean why would you tell everyone you are so busy and to book quickly if you want work carried out? Can't get any thicker.

I was always told a
Not at all. Advertising is very expensive and to have a website with all you stuff on is more money and essential. But if you havent and you have your stuff and more importantly reviews elsewhere then link to that particular ad.

The internet is full of plasterers. The customer will make their mind up on more than one search and not the cheapest. If they look for the cheapest then let them work away. Thats the customer you do not want.

How does your work from these customers with endless supplies of money which they always appear to throw in your direction Lurpy. Or is it all make believe.

All make believe mate I sit at home all week n send old gal out to work.

Because £80 is still something but it’s cheap for him . Tough one for relatives
Her dad just dragged me to his. Not happy with a bit at his. (Not my work ) thought i could run 5 house down n just do that bit. Cheeky f**k*r. He.s more upset now I.ve pointed out all house is f**k**g dog rough

Her dad just dragged me to his. Not happy with a bit at his. (Not my work ) thought i could run 5 house down n just do that bit. Cheeky fk*r. He.s more upset now I.ve pointed out all house is fk**g dog rough

No good deed goes unpunished

He doesnt have time because Lurpy can plaster more than anybody else alive. Besides that he has been on here less than 12 months but usually while working because he has a trowel in one hand and his phone in the other. He has managed to put 7,150 posts on here in less than 42 weeks.

Now say he spends 5 minutes per post and another 5 minutes per post reading all messages thats 1,191 hours on the website minimum. After sleeping for 8 hours per day in that time the other 16 hours x 42 weeks = 4704 hours of being awake 7 days per week.

But Lurpy is such a superman he can plaster more and earn more than anybody else and still spend 25% of the possible awake time on here.

Like he says.............he sits at home all week.

You need a life you sad c**t.

I have used it

And how do you find it? Serious question.

Don’t you feel like you’re in the customers pocket straight off. You have to keep them sweet as 3 or 4 difficult customers (we all have them) over a year can literally destroy that avenue of work with negative reviews.

And how do you find it? Serious question.

Don’t you feel like you’re in the customers pocket straight off. You have to keep them sweet as 3 or 4 difficult customers (we all have them) over a year can literally destroy that avenue of work.

I’ll get all the gods on here give me s**t but ironically, I don’t lie. If you ask me about what I charge i’ll tell you. Unfortunately it upsets the bums who earn chump change.

Ok. Mybuilder. Great website. I’ve used it more to get trades in on renovations I’ve done and had really good results.

Had a job cancelled at short notice so decided to give it a go, I actually landed a far better job off there than the one I had cancelled.

If you can’t get over the fact they will charge you to be shortlisted, and that doesn’t guarantee a job. Then don’t sign up.

It’s got its pros and cons but i can see some spreads absolutely smashing it on there. The more feedback you get the more likely you’ll get work. Like most online platforms.

I never felt worried as I’m 100% confident in my abilities. I just treat it as any other job. Quote it book it in. If i get a bad vibe of customer then I won’t bother.

I think it all comes down to you. I’ve made money since I was 10 selling sweets at school. And made money ever since and always will.

If you’re like most the c**ts on here who are stuck in your ways. Scared of evolution. Bitter. Then just stick to moaning and being a s**t for rich builders.

@lurpak

Good for you mate if it works.

We don’t do much Plastering anymore if any to be honest.

Don’t you think having a decent website and getting it ranked well on Google would bring in a better standard of customer and just as much if not more money than mybuilder?

I mean the outlay can be expensive but a bit of patience and hard work would put you in any customers line of sight before a mybuilder profile.

It would put you in the sights of developers, commercial clients, insurance companies, estate agents, landlords etc etc

I’m all for evolution and moving with the times but for those who use it for a lot of work it’s seems a lot to pin a steady income on, like I’ve said 3 or 4 negative reviews which mybuilder chase the customer like hell for can be disastrous

I’ll get all the gods on here give me s**t but ironically, I don’t lie. If you ask me about what I charge i’ll tell you. Unfortunately it upsets the bums who earn chump change.

Ok. Mybuilder. Great website. I’ve used it more to get trades in on renovations I’ve done and had really good results.

Had a job cancelled at short notice so decided to give it a go, I actually landed a far better job off there than the one I had cancelled.

If you can’t get over the fact they will charge you to be shortlisted, and that doesn’t guarantee a job. Then don’t sign up.

It’s got its pros and cons but i can see some spreads absolutely smashing it on there. The more feedback you get the more likely you’ll get work. Like most online platforms.

I never felt worried as I’m 100% confident in my abilities. I just treat it as any other job. Quote it book it in. If i get a bad vibe of customer then I won’t bother.

I think it all comes down to you. I’ve made money since I was 10 selling sweets at school. And made money ever since and always will.

If you’re like most the c**ts on here who are stuck in your ways. Scared of evolution. Bitter. Then just stick to moaning and being a s**t for rich builders.
Bums who earn chump change c**t thinks he's from new York now

@lurpak

Good for you mate if it works.

We don’t do much Plastering anymore if any to be honest.

Don’t you think having a decent website and getting it ranked well on Google would bring in a better standard of customer and just as much if not more money than mybuilder?

I mean the outlay can be expensive but a bit of patience and hard work would put you in any customers line of sight before a mybuilder profile.

It would put you in the sights of developers, commercial clients, insurance companies, estate agents, landlords etc etc

I’m all for evolution and moving with the times but for those who use it for a lot of work it’s seems a lot to pin a steady income on, like I’ve said 3 or 4 negative reviews which mybuilder chase the customer like hell for can be disastrous

Definitely. I’ve got 2 websites and a very strong online presence for a ‘one man band’ plasterer. Majority of my customers google area name and plasterer and find me.

A website alone isn’t going to do anything. You’ll never get it ranked where you need it. They only find it if they know it’s there so use it as a portfolio.

We live in a world where everything is online and in a review based system. Having an online presence is very important. Hiding from it through fear of bad reviews doesn’t show any confidence at all.

Even if you just sign up to mybuilder rated people etc with your company name, do a few shitty jobs purely for good feedback.. then next time a customer googles your trading name they see 5* everywhere.

Common sense i assumed, then again, plasterers are stupid right lol

Definitely. I’ve got 2 websites and a very strong online presence for a ‘one man band’ plasterer. Majority of my customers google area name and plasterer and find me.

A website alone isn’t going to do anything. You’ll never get it ranked where you need it. They only find it if they know it’s there so use it as a portfolio.

We live in a world where everything is online and in a review based system. Having an online presence is very important. Hiding from it through fear of bad reviews doesn’t show any confidence at all.

Even if you just sign up to mybuilder rated people etc with your company name, do a few shitty jobs purely for good feedback.. then next time a customer googles your trading name they see 5* everywhere.

Common sense i assumed, then again, plasterers are stupid right lol

Still don't think you can beat word of mouth.

In this day and age only a prik hasnt got a website for his business and if he aint got no work then he deserves dole.

The website is your reference...........your contact..........your reviews............your display..............your background..............just about everything that a potential customer needs to check you out or find you.

Its not about a few pics, you can upload vids as well.

If you can post abuse on here then you can look after your website.

A proper professional website which will be updated will cost just a few hundred for a plasterer. Steer clear of the diy ones.

Of course they do, there’s 8 self employed polish guys all driving around pushing the same branded vans probably undercutting everyone else by 20% / 30%
All living in the same flat sharing the rent and bills etc,No wonder can undercut us