Low point scraping barrel

Members online

Are you sure about that? I think our turnover form Internet enquires was about £130,000 last Dec to Dec
Great news but if you doubt me............just ask some random person what Monocouche Render is and that should answer your query.

Great news but if you doubt me............just ask some random person what Monocouche Render is and that should answer your query.

What do you mean those people that call nearly every day and ask me if we do K Render

Or mooncouche

Or mono coche

Yes mate I’ll correct them and then render their house

Then you are lucky or do not know what you could be missing.

Not really, I work threw the same few people, who seem to get a good portion of the hotels, schools being built.

Not uncommon to spend months on the same job ie....15 floors, 24 rooms a floor plus corridors, working our way up the building

What do you mean those people that call nearly every day and ask me if we do K Render

Or mooncouche

Or mono coche

Yes mate I’ll correct them and then render their house
Well blow me down. The great unwashed are educated in plastering terms.

Well if you have it all sorted then.............what are you banging on about a website which doesnt give you any work and Polish lads which arent undercutting you for?

Well blow me down. The great unwashed are educated in plastering terms.

Well if you have it all sorted then.............what are you banging on about a website which doesnt give you any work and Polish lads which arent undercutting you for?

I was simply giving @megamix a heads up about being slow on the work front and that mybuilder is not the answer.

While it seems tempting to join and try to stop the rot you will be competing with very cheap handymen and tradesmen.

With no feedback or very little feedback it would be a waste of money for the guy and he’ll probably regret going down that route.

I’ve done it in the past, it was a waste of time and money. Higher calibre of clients who pay more don’t drag the net over the bottom of the ocean that mybuilder represents. If they do they are one offs

I was simply giving @megamix a heads up about being slow on the work front and that mybuilder is not the answer.

While it seems tempting to join and try to stop the rot you will be competing with very cheap handymen and tradesmen.

With no feedback or very little feedback it would be a waste of money for the guy and he’ll probably regret going down that route.

I’ve done it in the past, it was a waste of time and money. Higher calibre of clients who pay more don’t drag the net over the bottom of the ocean that mybuilder represents. If they do they are one offs
As I said early............the customer may have no choice but to use that website because no plasterers website comes up in their search. MyBuilder must work for some otherwise they wouldnt bother with it would they?

As I said early............the customer may have no choice but to use that website because no plasterers website comes up in their search. MyBuilder must work for some otherwise they wouldnt bother with it would they?

Most customer who use it are looking for a bargain, or just looking for quotes or like you say don’t know where else to look.

A decent plasterers website locally with good seo should come above mybuilder on page one of google, checkatrade is the f**k*r to beat nowadays.

But like I said, going on mybuilder when your desperate for work and have no profile feedback is like walking into a bookies with your last £20

Last edited:
Most customer who use it are looking for a bargain, or just looking for quotes or like you say don’t know where else to look.

A decent plasterers website locally with good seo should come above mybuilder on page one of google, checkatrade is the f*kr to beat nowadays.

But like I said, going on mybuilder when your desperate for work and have no profile feedback is like walking into a bookies with your last £20
I.ve alway thought a feedback section would be good on here . @Danny

I'd be out of work without checkatrade. I'd have to work for builders.once u get a good rep im sure I get jobs even if I'm more expensive. They've put it up since its been sold.Cheers

I'd be out of work without checkatrade. I'd have to work for builders.once u get a good rep im sure I get jobs even if I'm more expensive. They've put it up since its been sold.Cheers
I tried check at trade last year . Problem is they don’t want to see your qualifications. I’m competing with blokes who have been working in factories etc. Every week I checked on checkatrade website there would be another plasterer in my area . They would work for f**k all to build up a reputation. That means I’d have to lower my rates to compete with them. I’d rather hang myself .

Exactly mate . I didn’t think it through . You’ve got to add at least £10 on to cover the fee. It’s a website for s**t head customers who just want the lowest price possible and will get as many lads to look at the job as they can . I can’t belive I even signed up, I didn’t read the t&cs properly I though you only paid the fee if you got the job which you don’t mind .
Mate there’s loads of info on mybuilder on ere ain’t yer seen it ,it can be a right c**t sometimes

Thought I’d give my builder a try . What a fkg waste of time. Got shortlisted for a job . Went to have a look it was a poxy cupboard re skim. Gave him price he said thanks but to be honest im not sure whether to bother having it plastered being just a cupboard, I’ll think about it and let you know. I wasted an hour of my life and cost me £12 for nothing . I’m just going to pretend it never happened.
And they are all over the radio, TV advertising my builder. Hope it comes good for you soon, I spoke about bad times possibly coming, more bad figures today in construction. Nothing will pick up until some certainty comes along.

You can't say plasterers on checkatrade work cheap to build a rep .I've been on it ten years. I've never found out wot others quote. Or who .If your honest . And fair .u can't go wrong.

And they are all over the radio, TV advertising my builder. Hope it comes good for you soon, I spoke about bad times possibly coming, more bad figures today in construction. Nothing will pick up until some certainty comes along.

I know firms that need 200 plots completing before June.
And these are small outfits.
UK is busy don't listen to media.
When it shuts down it all happens over night.

I know firms that need 200 plots completing before June.
And these are small outfits.
UK is busy don't listen to media.
When it shuts down it all happens over night.
It's domestic I'm solely talking about, there is a slow down in it. New builds are getting snapped up as soon as they are available.

Morning all

I've been reading the comments about mybuilder, so do find then quite an insight, I didn't realise the fees were so high. I used to use mybuilder a lot in my old house for the trades, not once did it even occur to me that there is significant cost to them.

I can see that the other websites cause frustrations, and wondered why someone hasn't thought to build an alternative?

Morning all

I've been reading the comments about mybuilder, so do find then quite an insight, I didn't realise the fees were so high. I used to use mybuilder a lot in my old house for the trades, not once did it even occur to me that there is significant cost to them.

I can see that the other websites cause frustrations, and wondered why someone hasn't thought to build an alternative?
Ask Danny

Morning all

The fees aren’t that bad at all. Think the most I paid was £25 but was for a massive house full plastering about £4500 labour . Then again. If you’re a drip and can’t land jobs then those fees would kill you

That's really interesting, I'd have thought the fee structure would have been more transparent, nd that's quite sad.

A few years ago I was getting mybuilder quotes in to fit a tiny wc (loo+sink) in a tiny downstairs closet, I was receiving queries upto 40 or so miles away when the times were tough (are they still tough?), I decided not to go with those people as it just wasn't fair on them to travel that far for a simple loo

To me (being a simpleton) that the trades are still having a massive tough time, whilst there is lots of house building going on (where are the self obsessed kids gonna get the money from), the rates being given are really to the bone - how do they expect the trades to survive? I see so much plumbing/spark equipment on sale via facebook it's a real shame.

I'm personally planning on setting up a simple one-man band in a few months' time (defo not plastering!), to help with my mental well being, meeting people and to gain confidence, speaking with others, it seems the trades are trying to get the massive jobs (and fair play) due to domestics expecting Waldorf finishing for pennies

I've personally always paid well for a good job, and if it's a real good job I always give extra - just common sense isn't it - Keep the trades happy and they will always come back to help another day?

The fees aren’t that bad at all. Think the most I paid was £25 but was for a massive house full plastering about £4500 labour . Then again. If you’re a drip and can’t land jobs then those fees would kill you

I've done masses of work from my builder over the last 4 years. It's a good site especially as your reviews mount up. It's what kept me a float my first year. Use rated people quite a bit now as it's bigger projects and rated people shows you what their budget is (obviously what they think the work is worth) so you can ignore all the ones who want a loft conversion for 2k. Adding in all the repeat work I've had from it I'd say it's my favourite website of all time. I think my fees over 4 years add up to about 5k

A massive house, full plastering for about £4500, are you serious, or just don't know what a massive house is?