lurkers

Members online

That’s so funny, give your head a shake, what have you find out , specific things not generic
Do you mean things like the Severn bridge being made of Spanish steal instead of British or the Queen Mary 2nd being built in France instead of on the Clyde, or do you mean things like when the BSE crisis was officially over France and Germany still refused to buy our beef or maybe you meant when the pound crashed out of the ERM the EU refused to help us but handed out money to Greece or maybe When the accountant that was brought in to fight corruption reported it to Neil Kinnock the corruption tsar, he fired her.These and many more are what made my mind up

Do you mean things like the Severn bridge being made of Spanish steal instead of British or the Queen Mary 2nd being built in France instead of on the Clyde, or do you mean things like when the BSE crisis was officially over France and Germany still refused to buy our beef or maybe you meant when the pound crashed out of the ERM the EU refused to help us but handed out money to Greece or maybe When the accountant that was brought in to fight corruption reported it to Neil Kinnock the corruption tsar, he fired her.These and many more are what made my mind up
All of these things have quid pro quo

For you they may but for me they don’t that’s why I voted out. Just saying we are better off in with no intelligent reasoning was not a good enough reason to accept the status quo for me

The Irish like Europe. In fact, did you know that Ireland is in Europe and not the British Isles.

The Irish don't believe in the British Isles. They only exist in the minds of Englishman, apparently.

The Irish like Europe. In fact, did you know that Ireland is in Europe and not the British Isles.

The Irish don't believe in the British Isles. They only exist in the minds of Englishman, apparently.

And Ireland’s biggest trading partner is ?

For you they may but for me they don’t that’s why I voted out. Just saying we are better off in with no intelligent reasoning was not a good enough reason to accept the status quo for me
Do you really expect an Irish man to believe that Britain didn’t gain by being in the eu , that you didn’t milk it for all it was worth ,after all you took from all over the world

Do you really expect an Irish man to believe that Britain didn’t gain by being in the eu , that you didn’t milk it for all it was worth ,after all you took from all over the world
Your pointing the finger at the wrong people, the average English man fought beside Irish, Scottish and Welsh soldiers and like them got nothing for their pains the plunder went to the wealthy who were not just English. Your average British and Irish peasant were worth less than a slave in the Americas as they had no monetary value and that was true during the last century too

I know that the Irish like the EU and I don’t blame them they got a lot out of it, but I don’t understand how a people as strong minded as the Irish accepted having to have a second referendum because the EU didn’t like the answer from the first one

I know that the Irish like the EU and I don’t blame them they got a lot out of it, but I don’t understand how a people as strong minded as the Irish accepted having to have a second referendum because the EU didn’t like the answer from the first one

You'll have to enlighten me.

They had a referendum about the Nice treaty and voted against it, so the EU wanted another one. For the second referendum the equal air time to both sides of the argument were scrapped and the answer that time was yes to the treaty

About what you mentioned. I don't know anything about any second referendum.

The only referendum I know anything about is the 8th amendment.
France had a referendum over the Maastricht treaty as well, on a 70% turnout they voted in favour by 51.05% to 48.95% that was considered good enough but our referendum with a very slightly higher majority to leave was apparently not enough for the people who wish to remain

France had a referendum over the Maastricht treaty as well, on a 70% turnout they voted in favour by 51.05% to 48.95% that was considered good enough but our referendum with a very slightly higher majority to leave was apparently not enough for the people who wish to remain

What's that got to do with the Irish?