my dad gave me this old trowel

Status
Not open for further replies.
just out of interest how many guys have worn -out trowels and have needed to replace them with new ?
i'am not on about just broken them or dinged the blades.

i have a marshalltown 14" trowel, about 25 years old it has a wooden handle, to narrow to lay on with, so just used it to finish. stopped using it about a year ago as i have other trowels to finish with.
we just put our old wooden handles on to new trowels

just out of interest guys a few years ago i worked with a flooring company and they gave us massive trowels to latex with they were 36" trowels and they were the nuts for latex and screed, unfortunatly wen i stopped with them i had to give the trowel back, anyone any ideas where you can get them from???
my marsh has had a hard life i caught it on a capped gas pipe in a wall and put a massive dink in it took ages to wear out, then a few years later someone stood on a trap in the scaff and my trowel was on the other end resulting in it being shot off the scaff and landing on one of the toe corners bending he fcuk out of it which again took ages to wear out and bend back to shape, and finaly tried to take the handle off to give it a good clean up and the nut sheered off takeing the thread off with it so the only way i could reattach the handle was to drill into the thread shaft and put a ss self tapper with ss washer on it.
poor tululah:RpS_crying:

I see they do not stock tyzacks in my BQ just for the fact other brand trowels were not selling as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.