Nela Medi flex

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is crap for flattening I agree,but if you watch some of the videos, guys say it can accelerate the set.but then it is getting used at wrong time as it has been designed for last skelp as one stop shop say.
Them vids are a load of s**t..theres regulars on here who say its the guy and not the trowel which is bullshit as I put pics up other day on another thread

I don't use a s*p*r*lex for flattening but im sure when it first came out there was videos from nela or maybe P1ss saying you could use it from start to finish

Never from start to finish. That's the NeLa Premium.

We do have a number of guys who flatten and finish with the NeLa s*p*r*lex but that's down to them and they are happy with the results.

More experience into these products suggest that the SF should be a finishing trowel. This is also down to the spreads abilities, preferences and other varying factors

The crazy thing is, the blade on the EZE Spat or other versions have the same blade design as the NeLa SF. How can some flatten and finish with these but not a trowel?

Last edited:
A up trowel freaks...going to disagree with everyone I use my supaflex sometimes on domestic all over the place crap reskims and it always looks ok.sometimes i finish with mt and sometimes sf on boards and reskim i have finished with speedscam blueblade (might sound crazy but true) I not had a go with medi flex yet later in the year I will get one..anyway just wanted to say I think it's great we are all after the perfect finish, shows that there is alot of good spreads out there that want to leave a good job.. all in the pursuit of perfection.some well known nela user members whose pictures he has put on in the past from finishing with s*p*r*lex on boards i think gosh that looks mint and all credit to the perfect uniform finish alot of spreads get , also though if it ain't that perfect uniform finish on s**t old house reskims but is a good finish that's all that matters imo which can be achieved with all different trowels i cant say one trowel is better than the other i am a bit of a trowel wierdo i use them all..we are all a bit to critical of ourselves sometimes
Happy spreading and flattening lads.

A up trowel freaks...going to disagree with everyone I use my supaflex sometimes on domestic all over the place crap reskims and it always looks ok.sometimes i finish with mt and sometimes sf on boards and reskim i have finished with speedscam blueblade (might sound crazy but true) I not had a go with medi flex yet later in the year I will get one..anyway just wanted to say I think it's great we are all after the perfect finish, shows that there is alot of good spreads out there that want to leave a good job.. all in the pursuit of perfection.some well known nela user members whose pictures he has put on in the past from finishing with s*p*r*lex on boards i think gosh that looks mint and all credit to the perfect uniform finish alot of spreads get , also though if it ain't that perfect uniform finish on s**t old house reskims but is a good finish that's all that matters imo which can be achieved with all different trowels i cant say one trowel is better than the other i am a bit of a trowel wierdo i use them all..we are all a bit to critical of ourselves sometimes
Where is my light.:)

Crying my eyes out here pal.....well said..

Never from start to finish. That's the NeLa Premium.

We do have a number of guys who flatten and finish with the NeLa s*p*r*lex but that's down to them and they are happy with the results.

More experience into these products suggest that the SF should be a finishing trowel. This is also down to the spreads abilities, preferences and other varying factors

The crazy thing is, the blade on the EZE Spat or other versions have the same blade design as the NeLa SF. How can some flatten and finish with these but not a trowel?
Fck knows how many times we are guna be arguing about this again..aslong as every1s happy and earning and clients are happy and paying who gives a toss really

I honestly thought I was getting a good finish with the s*p*r*lex on till I seen it painted. This didn't look 2 good when it was painted and a light on it.

Nela Medi flex

I think the issue is when you have to apply over 3mm as I've said on boarded work they are great but on reskim where the walls or ceilings are a bit pissed (like me) they tend to glide over rather than flatten as a traditional trowel would

Trowel wars lol I have seen some changes on the forum over the years but this trowel business has gone mad. I can honestly say I can not keep track with what trowels are on the market and keep getting mixed up with which one your talking about. What happened to one trowel from start to finish? I use two trowels because im breaking one in, my trusty refina, I was using a nela but it bent coz of the size of the blade and shaft. I am now using a MT and finishing with the refina I can't wait to get back to one trowel. It's like plastering has become complicated and people use a trowel as the reason for getting a s**t finish rather than learning the process of skimming. I've never heard so much bullshit about troweling this way, then that way, then using my blaa blaa blaa and then my other blaa and so on. f**k me its skimming and you need one decent trowel.

I think the issue is when you have to apply over 3mm as I've said on boarded work they are great but on reskim where the walls or ceilings are a bit pissed (like me) they tend to glide over rather than flatten as a traditional trowel would

Agree with you Marshy, this is where your experience or knowledge as a spread is key and using the correct trowel at the correct time. Something you have nailed mate

I wouldn't go that far Ryan it was only when I went back to a couple of jobs to do more work I found a few bits that annoyed me once the work was painted. Customer didn't have a clue but I did and had to sort it as it pissed me off. I use a superted on boarded work or decent shaped reskim otherwise it's MT'S all the way

I wouldn't go that far Ryan it was only when I went back to a couple of jobs to do more work I found a few bits that annoyed me once the work was painted. Customer didn't have a clue but I did and had to sort it as it pissed me off. I use a superted on boarded work or decent shaped reskim otherwise it's MT'S all the way

You not using the Premium anymore?

End of day u cant flattdn with a nela or refina dsnt matter how gud you are or wat stage u hit it etc there are for the last flick only wen its gone..those that flatten with a s*p*r*lex ur works s**t u mite think its gud but get a lick of paint on it with the right light shining thru I.e sunlight and you will c how s**t ur work is..know matter how many pics that get put up saying this was done with a s*p*r*lex and look how gud it is..

Trowel wars lol I have seen some changes on the forum over the years but this trowel business has gone mad. I can honestly say I can not keep track with what trowels are on the market and keep getting mixed up with which one your talking about. What happened to one trowel from start to finish? I use two trowels because im breaking one in, my trusty refina, I was using a nela but it bent coz of the size of the blade and shaft. I am now using a MT and finishing with the refina I can't wait to get back to one trowel. It's like plastering has become complicated and people use a trowel as the reason for getting a s**t finish rather than learning the process of skimming. I've never heard so much bullshit about troweling this way, then that way, then using my blaa blaa blaa and then my other blaa and so on. f**k me its skimming and you need one decent trowel.
Very true I was always taught the same trowel (no Refina was around then) but the different trowels available I think is great , we should try and use new tools whatever brand don't matter.

I think I can read between the lines, this thread is just a marketing catch for the release of the rossiflex®

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

End of day u cant flattdn with a nela or refina dsnt matter how gud you are or wat stage u hit it etc there are for the last flick only wen its gone..those that flatten with a s*p*r*lex ur works s**t u mite think its gud but get a lick of paint on it with the right light shining thru I.e sunlight and you will c how s**t ur work is..know matter how many pics that get put up saying this was done with a s*p*r*lex and look how gud it is..
Never had a problem using a Refina trowel from start to finish and also the other trowels I've had in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.