New bag

Members online

I’ve never had a wall fall off because of the sun pmsl or for any reason.
Always a first my son., by the way young man I have been plastering a lot longer than u. Know it all,,u do but of course you are only on this forum to wind people up for fun, , as you said.

Last edited:
I must admit , i would like to try this stuff , or pure finish or even Board finish , just because it might relieve the boredom for a few hours of relentless skimming , but these plasters have just not made it in the shops , as far coastal essex were multi is king .

Just phone b n q see if they got some in . f**k**s hung up on me
John,,, ,some lad on here told me to contact a ccf merchants if one was local. Thanks again to him.
I called mine and the brought it into stock. They also did not ask me to buy full pallet. I think Travis Perkins are owned also by same company. If near you give them a call. I was told by bqs trade point,, ,that they will not stock it as demand was poor.

John,,, ,some lad on here told me to contact a ccf merchants if one was local. Thanks again to him.
I called mine and the brought it into stock. They also did not ask me to buy full pallet. I think Travis Perkins are owned also by same company. If near you give them a call. I was told by bqs trade point,, ,that they will not stock it as demand was poor.
No ccf. Near us. Phoned Travis got some at Burnley. I.ll just do walls first no drama

I must admit , i would like to try this stuff , or pure finish or even Board finish , just because it might relieve the boredom for a few hours of relentless skimming , but these plasters have just not made it in the shops , as far coastal essex were multi is king .

Any of these near you ? they all can get pure finish or unifinish in by pallet order only though unfortunately, but they will get it if asked within a few days normally between 3 -7
71E61BB8-7E99-4ABB-8EDD-9C9D6E6DF58E.jpeg

if Bg ever get to read this , can you just make one finish plaster , make it the best you can make , put it in a decent strong bag , sell it for a fair price , keep it consistent , take off the idiot instructions on the bag that are too random , start selling additives that can both speed up and slow down setting times , and sell a bonding agent that is more like knaufs betakcontact but cheaper . Thanks

if Bg ever get to read this , can you just make one finish plaster , make it the best you can make , put it in a decent strong bag , sell it for a fair price , keep it consistent , take off the idiot instructions on the bag that are too random , start selling additives that can both speed up and slow down setting times , and sell a bonding agent that is more like knaufs betakcontact but cheaper . Thanks

Well said that man.

You can’t beat a bit of Common sense

Well said that man.

You can’t beat a bit of Common sense
Here’s the thing though Gordon with all the banter bullshit aside what I’m saying is they do, tbh I think the missing link is no one want to pay more for it , it’s not hard to work out ( even though I’ve said it a thousand times) if you want better gear you have to pay more , no one is gonna give it for free. Whatever the brand of material.

There are better plasters i.e. The pure and magnetic which offers some benefits to the customer, uni only benefits the plasterer if it does what it says. The extra cost is put on the plasterer so he will go with the cheapest plaster that works, this is one of the problems why it will fail, compared to other finishes. They need to get rid of multie and have this as the finish, but bring the price down. It's been said since day one there is no need for multie or board if this does the lot.

Agree flynny but the bastards might get rid and then still charge £ 9-10 a bag.
Fair play to bg for bringing out new plasters but we just want 1 bag here and 3 bags there every now and then not order a pallet!

Agree flynny but the bastards might get rid and then still charge £ 9-10 a bag.
Fair play to bg for bringing out new plasters but we just want 1 bag here and 3 bags there every now and then not order a pallet!
They probably would but then the cost is passed onto the customer, side by side in the yard most spreads will take the cheapest that's always worked.

There are better plasters i.e. The pure and magnetic which offers some benefits to the customer, uni only benefits the plasterer if it does what it says. The extra cost is put on the plasterer so he will go with the cheapest plaster that works, this is one of the problems why it will fail, compared to other finishes. They need to get rid of multie and have this as the finish, but bring the price down. It's been said since day one there is no need for multie or board if this does the lot.
If they were to get rid of Multi and Boardfinish then the merchants would have to stock the Pure gear.
If it was the only commonly available plaster metreage prices would then go up to cover the extra cost. It's only while there's the cheaper option that prices will be held down.

If they were to get rid of Multi and Boardfinish then the merchants would have to stock the Pure gear.
If it was the only commonly available plaster metreage prices would then go up to cover the extra cost. It's only while there's the cheaper option that prices will be held down.
I was on about the uni, prices would stay the same it's the materials that would cost more, you could bet most contractors will be screwing the plasterer to get a bit back as well.

I was on about the uni, prices would stay the same it's the materials that would cost more, you could bet most contractors will be screwing the plasterer to get a bit back as well.
Oh right so it's the Uni that can do everything? To be honest I've never even looked at it, not after the problems people had with it first time round.
Is it nice to use? Does it work easily like finish plasters used to?

Some at b n q but 2 months out date so should get it cheap . Last lot we used was out date n had no come back. So gonna get few sacks to blast artex ceilingq

Oh right so it's the Uni that can do everything? To be honest I've never even looked at it, not after the problems people had with it first time round.
Never finished with it but it save,s load of time if you use it for first coat on Artex......if it stays on ceiling lol

Difficult one that,,,, as so many guys that tried uni hated it. Imagine a cheap uni only.. :)

It can do what board and multie does and also has the added advantage of no PVA, (depending on the background) which was another issue which may of confused people). They have changed the bag taking off the types of backgrounds it does so maybe it's clearer on the back now? It's good to use apart from the white bits and the way it dries.

It can do what board and multie does and also has the added advantage of no PVA, (depending on the background) which was another issue which may of confused people). They have changed the bag taking off the types of backgrounds it does so maybe it's clearer on the back now? It's good to use apart from the white bits and the way it dries.
Sorry but I knew all that apart from "the white bits and they it dries" lol
What I really want to know is does it work as nicely as the plaster of yesteryear?

Yes and it could be any background, the mix and the feel of application will be the same. How it dries and pulls in is another thing :)

It pulling in as you trowel it on doesn’t make it nice to use, additionally it hanging around forever on artex doesn’t make it nice to use either