New bag

Members online

It pulling in as you trowel it on doesn’t make it nice to use, additionally it hanging around forever on artex doesn’t make it nice to use either
I've only used it on board and pregrit and it was nice to use.

It pulling in as you trowel it on doesn’t make it nice to use, additionally it hanging around forever on artex doesn’t make it nice to use either
Gordon could you just stay in the brexit threads, we don't need you starting needless arguments everywhere.

Here’s another thing that gets over looked by the fountains of plastering knowledge,

Because then you know what the material feels like Ffs

Here’s another thing that gets over looked by the fountains of plastering knowledge,

Because then you know what the material feels like Ffs

But then it feels completely different on a Matt painted wall ffs

But then it feels completely different on a Matt painted wall ffs
Going over real old ground here you are but
You said on another thread you only mix up a bag at a time , I do to mate , fastest set I ever had with unifinish was 45 minutes on dry bone hardwall, if you can’t get over 10 or under m2 mate , maybe you best to stick to politics

Not it’s intended purpose then lol
Your missing the point, it works fine on board and pregrit so as plaster it does the job of multie and board. We know it works and we also know it pulls in on a dry surface, I take it it worked on the job you described because I'm sure enough you would of mentioned the failure?lol I think they dropped a bollock by marketing it as no PVA required but I'm pretty sure on the back it said if it's dry, prime? I'm not 100% on that but it's what I've gathered. So in certain circumstances a primer is needed, it works on board and pregrit so back to my original point, why not do away with the others?

I wanted to try the gear but didn't trust it on one of my customers for the sake of curiosity :)
Never new you liked it,,,i must of missed your thread,,,,i will aim this comment at gps,,,i use it for time saving only for some surfaces,,when you know what ones,,,,and their is a place for it,,,,all new plasters can fail,,,,until fully tested on sites in all scenarios,,,,

Never new you liked it,,,i must of missed your thread,,,,i will aim this comment at gps,,,i use it for time saving only for some surfaces,,when you know what ones,,,,and their is a place for it,,,,all new plasters can fail,,,,until fully tested on sites in all scenarios,,,,

It’s place is in the failed file. It will only ever save time on Matt painted walls but then you are fighting with it the whole time.
Saves zero time on artex in fact takes longer.

You on the payroll as well now

Your missing the point, it works fine on board and pregrit so as plaster it does the job of multie and board. We know it works and we also know it pulls in on a dry surface, I take it it worked on the job you described because I'm sure enough you would of mentioned the failure?lol I think they dropped a bollock by marketing it as no PVA required but I'm pretty sure on the back it said if it's dry, prime? I'm not 100% on that but it's what I've gathered. So in certain circumstances a primer is needed, it works on board and pregrit so back to my original point, why not do away with the others?

Which makes it useless then if you still have to prime, says no pva needed.

What is the extra cost for then if we still need to pva ? Even though it’s marketed no needed

Which makes it useless then if you still have to prime, says no pva needed.

What is the extra cost for then if we still need to pva ? Even though it’s marketed no needed
It's not useless if you can plaster with it and I've always said it should be the same price as multie.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I like it but the gear was nice to use which is the question I was answering, the price puts me off .

It’s place is in the failed file. It will only ever save time on Matt painted walls but then you are fighting with it the whole time.

You only use it on surfaces that don't need primed apprentice.

Its now quite evident you don't know how to use the stuff. Can't handle it young man.

You only use it on surfaces that don't need primed apprentice.

Does it not say the plaster that doesn’t need pva ? So the assumption from that is anywhere I would use pva I would not need to with uni, is that correct ?

I have used it three times now, twice on artex and twice on Matt painted walls.

For the mathematicians and clarity I put a lid and a wall on in the same set.

Does it not say the plaster that doesn’t need pva ? So the assumption from that is anywhere I would use pva I would not need to with uni, is that correct ?

I have used it three times now, twice on artex and twice on Matt painted walls.

For the mathematicians and clarity I put a lid and a wall on in the same set.
Away back I had a disagreement with Vince on this, thread will be in archive. I like you had the exact same position on this gear. I stuck at, ,,it could have been 10 times or more before I found its use,, , even had a bg guy messaging me about it. So I know where you coming from on it. I only use it in ecaselactive surfaces, don't finish with it.
I take what it says on bag with a pinch if salt. Its too expensive I agree. Its no good in certain conditions I agree,, but because you don't get on with it, you don't get some guys do. It will have its flaws and like any plaster they will emerge over time. It is only through use new plasters can develop. All plasters went through this process. Only difference now is social media. Internet. How many new plasters have come out from bg over last 20 years.
Not many.

Away back I had a disagreement with Vince on this, thread will be in archive. I like you had the exact same position on this gear. I stuck at, ,,it could have been 10 times or more before I found its use,, , even had a bg guy messaging me about it. So I know where you coming from on it. I only use it in ecaselactive surfaces, don't finish with it.
I take what it says on bag with a pinch if salt. Its too expensive I agree. Its no good in certain conditions I agree,, but because you don't get on with it, you don't get some guys do. It will have its flaws and like any plaster they will emerge over time. It is only through use new plasters can develop. All plasters went through this process. Only difference now is social media. Internet. How many new plasters have come out from bg over last 20 years.
Not many.

But it’s not needed lol so why develop something no one wants ? Proof is in the pudding it’s been a sales flop, stores don’t want it because feed back from us spreads tells them it won’t sell.

the nuggets at bg haven’t a clue, because they don’t talk to those they should. Yes men and nodding dogs will only ever tell them what they want to hear.

I have offered my services in the past.

Shows how little you do know mate tbf , an old guy on unifinish trial said to me it’s a waste of time trying to explain to some plasterers the benefits on jobs and he was right , some just aren’t going to get it or even want to try to help themselves
There is many many out there now though that do , good for them they probably like me when first coat goes on , laughing to myself thinking of plasterers sitting there waiting for pva to dry For an hour , lol I’ve already got second coat on by then

Ps thanks BG for the pure finish too

It’s lovely material as well, but keep that quite don’t want everyone to know

Shows how little you do know mate tbf , an old guy on unifinish trial said to me it’s a waste of time trying to explain to some plasterers the benefits on jobs and he was right , some just aren’t going to get it or even want to try to help themselves
There is many many out there now though that do , good for them they probably like me when first coat goes on , laughing to myself thinking of plasterers sitting there waiting for pva to dry For an hour , lol I’ve already got second coat on by then

Whose waiting an hour for pva to dry ?

Fact is and it’s undeniable we do not want it, otherwise it would be in the shops selling like hot cakes, but it’s not is it.

I think it' best thing every for first coat on silky artex ceilings where you have to wait a age for pva to dry

Why do you have to wait for the pva to dry? It’s meant to be tacky and if it’s taking that long to get tacky then maybe you watered it down too much. Just an opinion I don’t want death threats over it

Not many.

I was just thinking that you must be clever as fcuk knowing words like ecaselactive.

Til I googled it and found that it's not even a word.

Why do you have to wait for the pva to dry? It’s meant to be tacky and if it’s taking that long to get tacky then maybe you watered it down too much. Just an opinion I don’t want death threats over it
Haha dryer better on artex . Note worse then it sliding . I prefer it pva.d day before if poss ................

Christ I was sitting here thinking "what a know nothing t**t I am, never heard of that term before".

Mind you, @JessThePlasterer didn't know what the technical term Sub Braccas meant, then got the hump and sent me abusive PM's when I wouldn't tell her.

'What's up with this plastering, @Vincey ?'
'The problem is that the final trowl is Sub Braccas and you'll have to go over it with Unifinish, @Pagey. That will be one Guinea, please.'

https://translate.google.ie/?um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&client=tw-ob#la/en/sub braccas