One coat monkeys

Members online

I frequently second coat with the same mix. Can’t be arsed dicking about and who cares if you one coat, two coat, same mix, fresh mix blah blah.... so long as the finish is good I couldn’t give a s**t what anyone wants to do!

I've sort of started to half coat xx
It's too cold to 1 coat lol

@John j it's liberating isn't it loosing the shackles!

Myself and @algeeman @theclemo have been trying to tell you all for years 1 coating plaster board is an absolute piece of piss and i would put our work and portfolios up against anyones on here!

I go as far as turning it on its head and saying that anyone that needs to 2 coat plasterboard needs to learn how to skim!

I've earnt more money over the years 1 coating boardwork than I have on far more skilled render, screeding, mono, silicone work etc!

20180911_140802.jpg

1 coat

20170525_155754_1.png

@John j it's liberating isn't it loosing the shackles!

Myself and @algeeman @theclemo have been trying to tell you all for years 1 coating plaster board is an absolute piece of piss and i would put our work and portfolios up against anyones on here!

I go as far as turning it on its head and saying that anyone that needs to 2 coat plasterboard needs to learn how to skim!

I've earnt more money over the years 1 coating boardwork than I have on far more skilled render, screeding, mono, silicone work etc!
Ye know what the boards weren't great today . Had to hammer joints a bit . But for first attempt I don't think i.ll 2 coat board again . Our new system is I do all walls with no beeds lad does all window walls etc. Another bonus lol

My prob now is @zombie as you know I go on day rate for regular builders . So i some how have to make it look like I.m as busy as when i two coat for em as there not getting extra f**k**g meters lol

With tapered boards I would always fill out the joints first and to be honest with normal boards I would often fill out the joint as well. Once I filled out all the joints I would then drop back and then start slapping the lot on. But I always always always two coat my work purely because that's the way I was taught and it kind of guarantees for me a better finish.

My prob now is @zombie as you know I go on day rate for regular builders . So i some how have to make it look like I.m as busy as when i two coat for em as there not getting extra f**k**g meters lol

You can without even trying complete 3 slightly smaller gauges than 2 normal gauges.

In the same time & produce more meters and not even feel like you've been to work once you get the hang of it.

1 coat 3 trowels job done 1.5 hrs

You can without even trying complete 3 slightly smaller gauges than 2 normal gauges.

In the same time & produce more meters and not even feel like you've been to work once you get the hang of it.

Yeah maybe . Takes alot of work out of it . I even made brews for me and lad and put tools in van wtf

Yeah maybe . Takes alot of work out of it . I even made brews for me and lad and put tools in van wtf

It's all in the prep John!

If you know your 1 coating you just need to take that bit more time when prepping to make sure everything is bang on.

Then it's little things lay up along board joints and scrim beads and such.

It becomes 2nd nature after a while.

So whats the method mate ive tried it before but cant get ghe hang of it

So it will appear most on here are one coat monkeys according to zombie. But then, he has putting two coats all his life and lurpak doing one coat. If you ask them ... zombie is doing one coat and lurpak is doing two coats.
Pfft! Piss and wind, heard it all :rolleyes::inocente:

It's all in the prep John!

If you know your 1 coating you just need to take that bit more time when prepping to make sure everything is bang on.

Then it's little things lay up along board joints and scrim beads and such.

It becomes 2nd nature after a while.
Agree defo need boards nice n clean no snots from previous work

So whats the method mate ive tried it before but cant get ghe hang of it
This is how I did it.
Went over all tape .
Chucked a thicker then usual coat on . Let it pull in a bit( I prob let it go bit to much his time if I.m honest)
Speed skim.
Then tidy angles and flatten with steel then sit back wait for polish n cross

This is how I did it.
Went over all tape .
Chucked a thicker then usual coat on . Let it pull in a bit( I prob let it go bit to much his time if I.m honest)
Speed skim.
Then tidy angles and flatten with steel then sit back wait for polish n cross
Thats all good an said but on bigger stuff i always find myself rushing as if im chasing it no control cos its going off to quick esp in summer

I never experienced anything like this summer! The boards were hot as f**k and you could feel it on your face standing in front. Had to go back to two coats and even so 40 mins was the max , counting mixing in . Nightmare!

He's finished that with a few nice cross trowels, one coating onto board is the way to go, hit the scrim first and doube or triple coat beads as the gear is going off

In the summer mix it alot thinner than normal or you will have no chance on bigger areas, drop back to flatten every 4 or 5 lay ons with a speedskim in the summer to get a bit of control

Knock up as usual, hit the scrim and fill all tapered edges and beads about 4 metres continuing this as I go ahead of me going on a little bit thicker where I need to, flatten with speedskims or refinas making sure it's as easy as possible ie all areas flat enough whilst still wet, hit the beads as many times as you need so their flat