Plan of action for this

Members online

lurpak

Artex Boy
When I get full houses I tend to do all the prep first, boarding, bonding, floating whatever needs to be done in preparation for skimming. Then blast through the whole house skimming every day.

On this particular one, it's the first of 3 in the same area, so they're all very similar and typical HSO standards. All downstairs ceilings to be over-boarded. Mainly artex walls, over skim etc etc.

Just curious how others go about it? prep and skim 1 room at a time?

When I get full houses I tend to do all the prep first, boarding, bonding, floating whatever needs to be done in preparation for skimming. Then blast through the whole house skimming every day.

On this particular one, it's the first of 3 in the same area, so they're all very similar and typical HSO standards. All downstairs ceilings to be over-boarded. Mainly artex walls, over skim etc etc.

Just curious how others go about it? prep and skim 1 room at a time?

It's Sunday mate .....your making me feel sick lol.
Wheres your Brummy accent ??
Screenshot_20190127-150251.png

Smash that on and you'll have a few days off (y)(y)(y)

I like where possible to stick to one discipline so I’m not constantly changing tools etc, but not always possible. Have a plan, and if the movie doesn’t quite play out, then no dramas.

I like where possible to stick to one discipline so I’m not constantly changing tools etc, but not always possible. Have a plan, and if the movie doesn’t quite play out, then no dramas.

I usually just prep entire property first but interesting to see how others go about it.

I usually just prep entire property first but interesting to see how others go about it.

Depends if you’re on your own or if have a team, how well oiled it is and if they have enough skills to let them be and get on with it.
Nothing worse than having to go back to baby sitting when you’re trying to get on with something.

All depends if work is getting done in another area ie plumber,joiner etc. if house clear one room at a time, then I ask for payment for that room move on to the next one .....

Been paid 50% upfront and materials cost before I start that’s my terms. Remaining labour balance on completion.

I find doing one room at a time makes it drag a bit and more risk of damaging plaster

For small jobs under a grand I don’t. Bigger ones i do
Asking someone's who's never met you to give you 2 grand up front will cost you some jobs. Anyone asked for money up front from me I'd get someone else in to do the work

I always prep as I go. 2 sets and abit of prep per day. Otherwise you're just wasting days in my opinion

Asking someone's who's never met you to give you 2 grand up front will cost you some jobs. Anyone asked for money up front from me I'd get someone else in to do the work

I always prep as I go. 2 sets and abit of prep per day. Otherwise you're just wasting days in my opinion

That’s just how I do it. People can see all my work info reviews blahblah online. Never had a problem. People jump at it to make sure they get the slot.

Seems that everyone preps as go then. I’d find this slower especially with boardng ceilings bonding out artex etc then switching to skimming

I hate taking money of a job at all if poss .

Just how I’ve always done it mate. 1 loss many years ago and now on bigger jobs that’s how i do it. Don’t give a f**k if they don’t like it, use someone else. Not like i need the work I’m always flat out.

Everyone had there own way of doing things does not make much difference as long as everyone is happy if customer wants to pay upfront I have no problem there ....but if customer does not want to pay upfront I am not going to sit through claims court for money owed to me when I could be working instead

You can move job on by getting a room ready then do a bit of prep in next one if skims hanging

When just doing a few rooms that’s how i do it but find it annoying switching back n forth on full houses. Thinking overboard all ceilings. Do all bonding n beading pva evrywhwre then just smash the skimming out

You can move job on by getting a room ready then do a bit of prep in next one if skims hanging
Yeah exactly. If you prep the whole house you're just stood around inbetween sets doing nothing. I'd prefer to finish a job a couple of days earlier and be working harder each day personally

Yeah exactly. If you prep the whole house you're just stood around inbetween sets doing nothing. I'd prefer to finish a job a couple of days earlier and be working harder each day personally

Not sure why would be standing about would he opposite if it all ready can rolling set much faster i find