Plan of action for this

Members online

When I get full houses I tend to do all the prep first, boarding, bonding, floating whatever needs to be done in preparation for skimming. Then blast through the whole house skimming every day.

On this particular one, it's the first of 3 in the same area, so they're all very similar and typical HSO standards. All downstairs ceilings to be over-boarded. Mainly artex walls, over skim etc etc.

Just curious how others go about it? prep and skim 1 room at a time?

I get all the top floor ready then bang that out.
Then ground floor all ready and finish up. That’s if there’s no hurry for kitchen and bathrooms?

Prep upstairs then just skim it, finish early on the odd day and just go home.
You will love the fact no customer chatting and dust sheets etc, you can get more done.

All the donkey work out the way first would be my preferred option but if other trades are in aswell it doesn't always work out that way.

Good luck with the job, like the big jobs can leave some of your gear there buckets etc not tools save in out of van all day
I hate big jobs tbh. After a week in the same house I start to go stir crazy. Prefer a different job every day. Get in, get paid, get out and onto the next. Plus more people to recommend you that way. Each to their own though

Float and set , unifinish the painted walls and I would of f**k*d off all that stinky plasterboard
Tbh I would of finished the downstairs that way before you even loaded all those boards into the house for same money you charge

as i Work with my son, we would prep the house including pva, then skim the complete property. cash on completion. no money up front. no vat.

When I get full houses I tend to do all the prep first, boarding, bonding, floating whatever needs to be done in preparation for skimming. Then blast through the whole house skimming every day.

On this particular one, it's the first of 3 in the same area, so they're all very similar and typical HSO standards. All downstairs ceilings to be over-boarded. Mainly artex walls, over skim etc etc.

Top floor first and to bottom of stairs clean as u go

How the f**k do u get all your work mate

I Knew it wouldn’t be long before the g dickhead come on this thread slagging people off!
Jealousy is a terrible thing!

Sorry it’s got to be the caravan

795FD811-0B44-4E22-8510-6068E6E57413.gif

Finally. This sounds good as breaks it up. No rush on this one

Plan schman.....

Mate had a guy round to do some painting. the guy who turned up looked like Fred Dibnah. He took his cap off and scratched his head (t was a back wall with an extension that you could stand on) Made a plan. Told mate his plan. Rang his mate and told him the plan. Then made a plan to get some planks. Then had a cup of tea. Then made a plan to get paint and brushes. Then had a sandwich. The a cup of tea. Then made a plan to keep the paint off the roof.

Then went home.

Then went on the piss and didn't answer his phone for 11 days.

Then came back and announced that when he came to, there were 19 empty sherry bottles by his chair.

Then made a plan to stay sober and try to remember his plan for painting the back of the house.

Then went on the piss again for a week.

NOW GET ON WITH YOUR WORK.