Plastering over artex

Members online

How can anyone charge 2 days money for doing a artex lid . Pva .Zombie coats then more pva next day then scim. You would end up on the 6pm news or trading standards after u. Lol .

How can anyone charge 2 days money for doing a artex lid . Pva .Zombie coats then more pva next day then scim. You would end up on the 6pm news or trading standards after u. Lol .

I was wondering the same. How the f**k does that work? Does the customer give em a funny look when they leave after half hour?

Scrape if needed (rarely)

Pva. Open windows get fan of if needed.

Skim when pva dry.
Bond out if needed

I do at least 1 a week minimum. Never an issue always a nice easy day too.

2 days 1 ceiling is all kinds of wrong

3 coats of pva?
wait to go tacky then skim it with zombie mix then back next day pva and skim?
fucks sake why do people insist on complicating their lives so much?
1 f**k**g coat of pre-grit on that then back next day 2 coat multi if thin artex job done
do some people actually know what the f**k they are doing on here?
haha. Clearly not son

I do quite a lot of over artex work and I’m rarely at a job past 2 I don’t get this going back to skim nonsense most artex ceilings don’t need bonding out in my opinion but there is always an exception

I was wondering the same. How the f**k does that work? Does the customer give em a funny look when they leave after half hour?

Scrape if needed (rarely)

Pva. Open windows get fan of if needed.

Skim when pva dry.
Bond out if needed

I do at least 1 a week minimum. Never an issue always a nice easy day too.

2 days 1 ceiling is all kinds of wrong

To be fair Lurpak,you're making that sound like 2 full days work to do one ceiling when it's actually only half a days work over the 2 days mate and if you're like me never travel more than 10 miles to a job and plan your jobs right,I don't see any issue with that.

To be fair Lurpak,you're making that sound like 2 full days work to do one ceiling when it's actually only half a days work over the 2 days mate and if you're like me never travel more than 10 miles to a job and plan your jobs right,I don't see any issue with that.

How does that sound like 2 days? I’ll break it down exactly how i do it.

07:30 arrive. Sheet up. Scrape ceiling if needed. Pva ceiling.

08:00 load tools in get water etc everything ready to go.

Got for breakfast if pva hanging

09:00 mix up a bucket put it on lay it down same mix

Flatten it off and start loading van tidying etc

Gone for 11:30

Obviously this will vary slightly if its a 2 bag ceiling , if needs bonding etc etc

f**k knows how you can do 1 ceiling over 2 days that must come across unprofessional

How does that sound like 2 days? I’ll break it down exactly how i do it.

07:30 arrive. Sheet up. Scrape ceiling if needed. Pva ceiling.

08:00 load tools in get water etc everything ready to go.

Got for breakfast if pva hanging

09:00 mix up a bucket put it on lay it down same mix

Flatten it off and start loading van tidying etc

Gone for 11:30

Obviously this will vary slightly if its a 2 bag ceiling , if needs bonding etc etc

f**k knows how you can do 1 ceiling over 2 days that must come across unprofessional

1 ceiling over 2 days 'unprofessional'?

Why?

Because I don't prep the same as you?

I never use PVA over paint/artex pal.... and that's the difference between us.

The only time I ever use PVA is to control high suction ,rest of the time pre-grit....but I guess that's 'unprofessional' to you eh?

I use to go in the day before and prep then the next day you are in plastering from the moment you get in. Then you finish early enough and get to the next job and do the same....

Getting there the day before also means you get to see if the job is even ready and if it is no it normally gives you time to sort something for the next day...

What worked for me may not work for you but I made a good living at it :D

1 ceiling over 2 days 'unprofessional'?

Why?

Because I don't prep the same as you?

I never use PVA over paint/artex pal.... and that's the difference between us.

The only time I ever use PVA is to control high suction ,rest of the time pre-grit....but I guess that's 'unprofessional' to you eh?

Not to me, I’m not your customer. To be it’s unnecessary to use a grit on artex ceilings.

From a customers perspective I think it does look unprofessional if you’re just doing 1 ceiling. Especially if they took the days off work.

Lol.
968419F9-EE41-4971-AA7E-77B0F82BEF40.gif

I think we all have different ways of doing things to be fair. We shouldn't presume to know what's best. I all arrangements are in place, tenanats are happy and jobs finished to satisfactory standard, I don't think it matters how it's done generally

Artex sealer works well. 1 coat. Skim when dry. Normally 20 minutes. By the time tools, powder water ready ready to go. Most of the time a magic mix on 1st coat. 2nd as normal.

Did a ceiling at home some years back. Only had half a bag of multi left so chucked in bonding probably 50 50 mix . Mixed it soft . Troweled it up . Came out fine no scars etc . Haven’t done it since but ..

Did a ceiling at home some years back. Only had half a bag of multi left so chucked in bonding probably 50 50 mix . Mixed it soft . Troweled it up . Came out fine no scars etc . Haven’t done it since but ..

Did it finish ok. Always find that mix grainy

Not to me, I’m not your customer. To be it’s unnecessary to use a grit on artex ceilings.

From a customers perspective I think it does look unprofessional if you’re just doing 1 ceiling. Especially if they took the days off work.

Customers taking time off work has never been an issue with me,always entrusted with keys if they're not going to be around....come and go when I want.
And I personally don't think pva should be used on paint/artex but that's my opinion.
If you think grits are unnecessary on painted/artexed ceilings and walls,then it begs the question what purpose they serve then?
I guess they make the grits just for the fun of it eh?

Customers taking time off work has never been an issue with me,always entrusted with keys if they're not going to be around....come and go when I want.
And I personally don't think pva should be used on paint/artex but that's my opinion.
If you think grits are unnecessary on painted/artexed ceilings and walls,then it begs the question what purpose they serve then?
I guess they make the grits just for the fun of it eh?

PVA unnecessary on painted ceiling and walls????????????????????????

I've heard enough.

PVA unnecessary on painted ceiling and walls????????????????????????

I've heard enough.

Never said it was unnecessary.......I said i don't think it should be used paint/artex and that's my opinion.

Or is it that only your opinion counts and everyone else is wrong Lurpak?

You come across as a smart arse pal......shame as I was getting to like you as well

Never said it was unnecessary.......I said i don't think it should be used paint/artex and that's my opinion.

You come across as a smart arse pal......shame as I was getting to like you as well

I might have mis-read

Not here to be liked luv lol. I’ve already said we agree to disagree.. i use pva for everything never had an issue.

Not slating grit. I’ll use it when no suction. Just think to use it constantly is bonkers. It’s expensive and takes ages to apply.