Please settle this debate for me

Correct way to float and set with Hardwall....

Skim ceilings first
Then float and skim walls

Or vice versa
If you skim ceiling first before float side ceiling will crack lol... Float first tape ceiling Skim walls . The old school always put skerting in first and I still think it a better job. But today time is money. Nothing wrong in putting skerting after you can caulk them up for a perfect finish

I'

Skim ceilings first
No , loads of reasons why
You should only do it if your my dad and he wants to go home early lol

If you skim ceiling first before float side ceiling will crack lol... Float first tape ceiling Skim walls . The old school always put skerting in first and I still think it a better job. But today time is money. Nothing wrong in putting skerting after you can caulk them up for a perfect finish
But skirtings were fixed to timber plugs or grounds which is rare now though I still have my axe.

Skim ceilings first

Or vice versa
Mate , get the other bloke who's telling you to skim first to come on , but can you make it Friday night about 7 be great fun (y)

But skirtings were fixed to timber plugs or grounds which is rare now though I still have my axe.
Yes 18hundred. You float you fix skirting you skim that best job. But not many do that these days time is money

How is that comment directed at you.

QUOTE="bof, post: 1295672, member: 32554"]
Mate , get the other bloke who's telling you to skim first to come on , but can you make it Friday night about 7 be great fun (y)
[/QUOTE]
Post seven , thought I said debate , actually said fun lol , my sincerest apologies sir

if you skim ceiling first and it cracks at sides, float will cover cracks.

Those who choose to skim ceiling first ,
Especially sand and cement ,
I'm impressed you don't mark the ceiling whilst getting a good bond at junction , my dad use to say , painter get that
Then the issue of scrim being 3/4 " back from surface which can cause crack line , painter will get that lol

Game on lads (y)

Superdick y the x

Superdick y the x
Can't understand what's up apart from skirts on first is old skool
Was it cos no cavity so didn't want moisture transfer and real wood had "shape " so plasterer matched the skirt line

Can't understand what's up apart from skirts on first is old skool
Was it cos no cavity so didn't want moisture transfer and real wood had "shape " so plasterer matched the skirt line

on the army housing they fit a rebated skirting first. packed out to make sure it is a straight line.
the rebate is to make sure that the correct thickness, about 12mm of floating coat is applied to the walls. the clerk of the works can then check that the plasterer has not bell cast out to the skirting.

on the army housing they fit a rebated skirting first. packed out to make sure it is a straight line.
the rebate is to make sure that the correct thickness, about 12mm of floating coat is applied to the walls. the clerk of the works can then check that the plasterer has not bell cast out to the skirting.
Cheers malc , noticed similar on current house , was confused as got several different shapes as some had been replaced over the years