Pricing a job

Members online

We charge triple for the basements we do there. And Bristol ain't cheap prices.

But we do alot around marble arch, plimco, and Chelsea.

We charge triple for the basements we do there. And Bristol ain't cheap prices.

But we do alot around marble arch, plimco, and Chelsea.
Next time if you London way give me a call come and get that Hitachi cordless angle grinder tried flogging it on eBay but no luck I rather have it go for free to someone who would use it and benefit from it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I don't know any plasterer in my area earning less than £4 m2 on sites in Devon area

Exactly, and he's on about digging in Luton, getting up at some ungodly hour to miss as much traffic as possible for a jaunt into London. For £4.

Hence I said he shouldn't bother

Sod that driving from Luton to peckham, he should try it first, soon he'll rent a room somewhere in the Nelson Mandela house. M1 is buggered after 6am southbound all the northeners coming down to get a slice of the action, how's it worth it for them is beyond me

Sod that driving from Luton to peckham, he should try it first, soon he'll rent a room somewhere in the Nelson Mandela house. M1 is buggered after 6am southbound all the northeners coming down to get a slice of the action, how's it worth it for them is beyond me

Could be no worse than I do now. Leave home at 5.20 every morning.
Well used to early starts.

Each to their own, sod that leaving every day 5:20.

Take good with the bad sometimes. I worked 10 mins from my house on two different sites. Over the course of 2/3 years. So can't complain. Only downfall is out more on diesel an no better off really for travelling.

A

agtee. Rates back here are terrible when subbing. But if I get job in Peckham. I'll be earning nearly 3 times as much.

What rates are you on. What part of Ireland u in. And if you are working for 3 times less than the rates in Peckham I've plenty of work if you want it. I have a house to be plasterboarded in Co louth if you want it.

What rates are you on. What part of Ireland u in. And if you are working for 3 times less than the rates in Peckham I've plenty of work if you want it. I have a house to be plasterboarded in Co louth if you want it.
Thanks for the offer. Am in the north. Give me the sterling over euro any day. Lol
To be honest. I don't board.have done in past but I Just stick to plastering.

@clemo,rates up here have been bad but creeping up a bit,day work for a contractor you'd get round£100 a day if roving a domestic new build you'd b getting between 3 and 4 quid a sq ft depending on spec,still sh#te but pays the bills!!

@clemo,rates up here have been bad but creeping up a bit,day work for a contractor you'd get round£100 a day if roving a domestic new build you'd b getting between 3 and 4 quid a sq ft depending on spec,still sh#te but pays the bills!!

The rates where all ways s**t in the north of Ireland tbh.

Surely rates arnt that bad in Ireland? In Yorkshire area and up north surrounding area price m2 for skimming direct For a subcontractor ull be offered anywhere in the region of £2-£3 m2 ull get more but only if its ur Job which it wont be as it wont be ur contact..down south etc lads say on here there get owt between £4-£6 m2 but bear in mind it cost 3xs as much to live/stay in these areas..also gone are the days where u can work on site til the dead of nite pal no chance these days with health and safety so ull spend ur extra money in the boozer so wats the point

Surely rates arnt that bad in Ireland? In Yorkshire area and up north surrounding area price m2 for skimming direct For a subcontractor ull be offered anywhere in the region of £2-£3 m2 ull get more but only if its ur Job which it wont be as it wont be ur contact..down south etc lads say on here there get owt between £4-£6 m2 but bear in mind it cost 3xs as much to live/stay in these areas..also gone are the days where u can work on site til the dead of nite pal no chance these days with health and safety so ull spend ur extra money in the boozer so wats the point
That about the rates im getting anyway,I no cost of live etc isn't as bad here and on say a 2500 sq ft house if u work hard on it u can still make decent enough money,once I get my ritmo sorted I'll b on the pigs back then:envidioso

It's not 3 times the cost to live/buy in Devon
I know in SOME areas in the north a terrace house is fairly cheap
London is a different animal
Manchester/Leeds/Chester there are expensive area's to buy
3.50 a pint here

3 quid m2 is all you will get in london

well i hope you get more but ive worked in london all my life and the most i got is 3 quid

Say average is £3
Everyone getting more ..says £3 is s**t.
Everyone getting under ..says £3 its great.

You only get out of price work as to what you put into it.

I dont think im any good on this forum when im sober.

Working in London your rates will probably be less than on the outskirts plus working in Peckham ain't going to be easy and from Luton it's a fair old run it probably take you driving out of it a good part of an hour on a good day them roads are chaos glad I gave all that up I live right next to London and never go up there

£3 = €4 I know plenty of lads getting €4 and more in Ireland. What are you irish lads getting a m2

Just under mainly or if I'm lucky €5.
Still not as much as £4 though.
Especially taking living expense into account living in Ireland.
If I lived in London I certainly wouldn't be plastering for £3, you can get that in the north west and live at a fraction of the cost, and people even talk to you up there!!!!
The only thing that should see 5-20am are the moon, owls and burglars.

Working in London your rates will probably be less than on the outskirts plus working in Peckham ain't going to be easy and from Luton it's a fair old run it probably take you driving out of it a good part of an hour on a good day them roads are chaos glad I gave all that up I live right next to London and never go up there

2 hrs plus each way. Then an arsehole clerk of works will snag it to bits and the wheels on your podium will get stuck on your PPE