Rates going back 20 years??

Members online

I seem to vaguely remember it was way more than that but I only started 18 years ago think float and set was around 8-9.50 and the blokes always got paid for over height work think anything over 3.2m don’t take that as gospel but think was around that then once recession kicked in many Plasterer’s refused the float and set Work as was about 5.50 a mc2 and skimming was 2.20 even heard stories of some firms like big boys bdl and Stanmore paying 1.80 for skimming
All the big firms in the northwest was paying £1.80 For skimming in recession .and 10 years before that it was £3.00 float and skim before the boom but Mr Henderson seems to think I've been walking round with my eyes shut for 28 years

All the big firms in the northwest was paying £1.80 For skimming in recession .and 10 years before that it was £3.00 float and skim before the boom but Mr Henderson seems to think I've been walking round with my eyes shut for 28 years
Ello mr look no one is trying to mug you off because like I said to you yesterday you are one of the good eggs on here..
You are old school like myself but for the life of me..I honestly have never worked for rates as shocking as that..

Another thing you are talking to mr taylor not mr Henderson;)

18 years ago in Barnsley we took on a row of houses on which we were offered £9.50 per metre float and set (rough and skim for us northeners).

Dont know if thats relevant but it is what it is.

18 years ago in Barnsley we took on a row of houses on which we were offered £9.50 per metre float and set (rough and skim for us northeners).

Well 20 years ago mr djr in Manchester was float and setting for £3 a m2?which im struggling to get my head around because I’ve never heard of rates that low???

makes you wonder whos really on the shite rates.......
Screenshot_20180222-164711.png
Screenshot_20180222-164501.png

flats in london
house in the north.

Jesus m8 you must own a 6?bedroom house complete with an indoor swimming pool and gym by now??;)
What you getting now for float and set??

Yeeeeees someone else calls it roughing.

Did they use collated screw guns 20 years ago on site or was it just normal dewalt drivers etc

What about tape measures was there a popular brand in the 90s ? Was in merchants today picked up these dewalt ones buy one get one free , they seem popular these days a lot of joiners have them

5E708054-1BEA-4BD9-8650-76182DD79AF0.jpeg

just out of interest......its been a long time but do they sell "aunt bessies" down south ??
What about tape measures was there a popular brand in the 90s ? Was in merchants today picked up these dewalt ones buy one get one free , they seem popular these days a lot of joiners have them

View attachment 21824
Surely a tape measure is a tape measure??
You open it then you close??;)