Retirement

Members online

Its not a bad thing Rigs, as skimming is very complicated these days..........well for some it is . Just saying .

It the strain on the wrists when troweling it up. The rsi flairs up. Can slap hard wall on but skimming is a no no.

Most plasters will have fook all in bank no investments by 40 so your fooked
So all is left to do is to pay your mortgage off by 50 to 60 yrs old that will be your only asset
& you Wil feel like you can retire as you do not have a mortgage
Basically been a slave to the system all your working life !

Your welcome
A house you live in is only an asset for the ones you leave it to when you die..

You can't capitalise on it really unless you sell and can downsize

It the strain on the wrists when troweling it up. The rsi flairs up. Can slap hard wall on but skimming is a no no.
Had that a lot when I switched to skimming , did a lot of trowelling with left hand , found a lot of pain dissapeared once I quit the caffeine and drank masses of water , also always plan ahead and mix it up with dry lining

Had that a lot when I switched to skimming , did a lot of trowelling with left hand , found a lot of pain dissapeared once I quit the caffeine and drank masses of water , also always plan ahead and mix it up with dry lining

I got tennis elbow in 2012 so a couple of years recovery but then got more mechanised and even on hand apply more zero suction control and two handed tools. No pain anywhere now.

How I got through today I.ll never know . Right back ache. Luckily mate come to buy some bacca so fetched me some naproxen

As the long standing members will know I'm coming up to 38...2 years off retirement age. Just wondering if anyone is still plastering over 40 and how it feels...because ever since 36 I get funny aches and pains everyday, some the same some new...and I think I'm getting slower and more expensive.

Has anyone managed to (or plan to) do anything else when they hit 40?
There’s old plasterers and there’s bold plasterers, but you’ll seldom see an old, bold plasterer.

Ye at the grand age of 28 and 11 years plastering as a site money I've deffo got a weird form of plastering based arthritis.

Hands locks up and my wrist cracks constantly. Add a bit of cold into the mix and I'm nearly finished already
Hands and elbows fine both shoulders are suffering. Had a cold left shoulder not much of a problem then the right went. Had physio and injections in to the shoulder didn't do f**k all had. Had physio as it loosened 18 months later back to earnings for yourself rather than getting days of mates in the trade and savings.
That's 36 years of plastering

Am serious ye, its nothing to do with fitness or keeping in shape either. I ran a 5k this weekend in 17.58. That doesn't stop my hands cramping like a girl after a decent hit.

I feel the wrists going now tbh I’m trying to deny it at the minute but a lifetime of plastering and hitting bags fighting and sparring is catching up! More so this year than ever, I’m quite worried about it really if I’m honest as the damage is done! Always b&q if I get desperate :aburrido:

I feel the wrists going now tbh I’m trying to deny it at the minute but a lifetime of plastering and hitting bags fighting and sparring is catching up! More so this year than ever, I’m quite worried about it really if I’m honest as the damage is done! Always b&q if I get desperate :aburrido:
Never suffer with wrists . Get pins and needles in my hands when out on bike