Scud the blockwork

Members online

No members online now.
@essexandy what you doing with a lake? I love fishing but don't get out much anymore with work and a 3 year old but said next year going to cut down to 4 days in the summer and have a day at it each week
I've always been, well, obsessed with fishing and have wanted my own lake for many years.
Back in April 2015 my dream came true and I bought a lovely little lake (1.8 acres) set in eight acres of land.
Beautiful in the snow this morning.

I've always been, well, obsessed with fishing and have wanted my own lake for many years.
Back in April 2015 my dream came true and I bought a lovely little lake (1.8 acres) set in eight acres of land.
Beautiful in the snow this morning.
Living the dream that mate(y)

Living the dream that mate(y)
Yeah definitely mate. It, along with other things has made all the years of hard work seem really worthwhile. Having dreams is what kept me pushing through the times when it would have been easy to go to the pub or off fishing.
If you have a dream don't give up on it.

But when you're using the screed method you're not just following the block work, well you shouldn't be.
I don't think my old Irish mate Gary is on here, but if he were he could tell you how he had to have a pound coin in his pocket at all times to check every bit of floating work he did with me.
If the pound coin could pass behind his featheredge then the wall wasn't straight enough.
High enough standard?

I have seen your photos of this

My knees have behaved themselves perfectly since I stopped wearing stilts cheers John. Recently did three days floor screeding on the bounce without even a twinge.
The lake has been a HUGE amount of work over the last two and a half years but it's all starting to come together. We've even got a wedding reception down there next summer.
How are you? I haven't read any tales of woe since my return, has everything straightened itself out?

good man :D weddding venues are mega money ;-)

Yeah definitely mate. It, along with other things has made all the years of hard work seem really worthwhile. Having dreams is what kept me pushing through the times when it would have been easy to go to the pub or off fishing.
If you have a dream don't give up on it.
Where is your lake you did put a link a while back? Cheers

Where is your lake you did put a link a while back? Cheers
It's in Boreham, Essex mate.
We did have a public Facebook page but I took it down. For the next couple of years (maybe longer) I'm going to keep it much more private.
I'm still up for a gathering of guys off here though. Danny doesn't seem interested in organising it, so it wouldn't be an official TPF event.
I'd like to use it to raise some money for Cancer Research and the British Heart Foundation, maybe some for Oli's charity.

We did have a public Facebook page but I took it down. For the next couple of years (maybe longer) I'm going to keep it much more private.
I'm still up for a gathering of guys off here though. Danny doesn't seem interested in organising it, so it wouldn't be an official TPF event.
I'd like to use it to raise some money for Cancer Research and the British Heart Foundation, maybe some for Oli's charity.
To be fair unless Danny is making money he isn't really interested :whistle:

I would gladly organise it :D no problems there :D