Skimming not plastering

Members online

No members online now.
170m2 is what I got paid for that day.

In reality it was a 140m2 lay on with 30m2 of measure through windows and doors.

Rooms had no ceilings, grid only coming in afterwards.
Long walls with a grid ceiling at 2.5m.

Slow fellas are gonna hate but anyone decently quick knows a 100m2 in a day onto the right areas is very doable.
It's not much harder to imagine another 30m2 in that day.

Peace out you slow c**ts.

In reality it was a 140m2 lay on with 30m2 of measure through windows and doors.

Slow fellas are gonna hate but anyone decently quick knows a 100m2 in a day onto the right areas is very doable.

When you one coat u put s**t loads of water on

:LOL: Every time

:LOL: Every time

Rich don't be jealous mate, I'm young and have been doing this day in day out on sites since I was 18, I'm 27 now. I don't render or anything else I literally skim boards, occasionally skim over existing plaster/minor bonding work.

That 140 is the best I've ever done.
I do about 80 or 90 a day

• Agree
Reactions: s61
Rich don't be jealous mate, I'm young and have been doing this day in day out on sites since I was 18, I'm 27 now. I don't render or anything else I literally skim boards, occasionally skim over existing plaster/minor bonding work.

How many bags a set

Lurpy went out then.. you came in :inocente:
654cb0e93765c6ce.gif

30 to 40 m
You will do better when your feeling better about yourself

names not rich
Not jealous, been there done that, learnt my lesson from slogging it all day long. You wasn’t even born when I started on the trowel.
I like your come backs, they are fun

You will do better when your feeling better about yourself

names not rich
Not jealous, been there done that, learnt my lesson from slogging it all day long. You wasn’t even born when I started on the trowel.
I like your come backs, they are fun

That's my problem though, people think their better simply because they have been doing it longer.

I know loads of lad who claim they have 20 years plus experience but can't hack a week on a site or are simply slow as f**k and barely break 500 a week after tax

Different question

If I earn more money than another plasterer am I better?

Then answer is no, but what matters at the end of the month.

This thread proves the exact point I came on here to make.

Lads who are skimming on site every day, week in, week out are sometimes, much, much faster than your normal every day plasterer type.

@The_one_coat_wizard you actually make a good point. I’ve met 35 year + blokes who are shite.

You’re either rough or not. You don’t start rough then 10 years later find the lord jesus christ and change your ways. You’re rough for life and probably rough in other aspects of your life ie; cash flow, parenting etc

I’ve tried to tell myself not to care as much. But it’s not in me. I’ve gone back and pva’d n re-skim stuff before without a customer knowing or caring just because I wasn’t happy with it.

And I know how stupid that is believe me, but I can’t switch it off.

How many bags a set
Your plastering all your life and you ask questions like that you stupid c**t.I’m sick of your shite you insulted me here beforeGo and get the clemrope and put yourself out of your misery.
Your plastering all your life and you ask questions like that you stupid c**t.I’m sick of your shite you insulted me here beforeGo and get the clemrope and put yourself out of your misery.
O he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t o he's a c**t

140 = 14 bags u c**t

Andy g

It's very rare I work by myself mate, normally 4 of us.

3 or 4 lads throwing it on and one lad with a speed skim either going behind or dropping back is another way to hit a decent size wall and have control of it pretty quickly.

The trick with that is the lads putting the plaster on don't have to be good, the lad using the speed skim does though.

We try to fill a blue water barrel we cut in half to the top with plaster and split it between us in answer to how much plaster I use.

Andy g

It's very rare I work by myself mate, normally 4 of us.

3 or 4 lads throwing it on and one lad with a speed skim either going behind or dropping back is another way to hit a decent size wall and have control of it pretty quickly.

The trick with that is the lads putting the plaster on don't have to be good, the lad using the speed skim does though.

We try to fill a blue water barrel we cut in half to the top with plaster and split it between us in answer to how much plaster I use.

Might aswell spray it on

@The_one_coat_wizard you actually make a good point. I’ve met 35 year + blokes who are shite.

You’re either rough or not. You don’t start rough then 10 years later find the lord jesus christ and change your ways. You’re rough for life and probably rough in other aspects of your life ie; cash flow, parenting etc

I’ve tried to tell myself not to care as much. But it’s not in me. I’ve gone back and pva’d n re-skim stuff before without a customer knowing or caring just because I wasn’t happy with it.

And I know how stupid that is believe me, but I can’t switch it off.
I.ve met 20 year old blokes who talk like their the b*ll***s and are rough but fast

Might aswell spray it on

f**k that, as soon as people see one of them every prick will think they can plaster.

At least at the moment theirs still some level of skill to getting it on nice and flat.

The tools are making it much easier already

I remember the first time I used a plasiflex when I was about 20 I was amazed by them for a year or so, couldn't believe plastic done that to plaster.

Wasn't long before we were using cheap plastic and cutting them 30 inches long, sanding them and using that to flatten.