Skimming not plastering

Members online

No members online now.
Depends what you consider fast. Can only do so much before lose it.

I've noticed the lads that who put in the graft have young families and are always in work ....the 1 coat rough f**k**s who can't really plaster have dumped their kids and want beer money.
It's a sore fact of life.
Not just in plastering.
I'm not speaking from my life....it's what Ive seen for the last 15 years (y)(y)

I've noticed the lads that who put in the graft have young families and are always in work ....the 1 coat rough f**k**s who can't really plaster have dumped their kids and want beer money.
Not just in plastering.
I'm not speaking from my life....it's what Ive seen for the last 15 years (y)(y)

Nail on the head

Not just in plastering.
Don't you 1 coat lol.
Told ye Utd 4 1

But i.ve seen site plasterers drop on domestic and smash em same to same high standard

I’m not saying all site spreads are incapable of doing domestic.

But a proper site spread wouldn’t need to drop on domestic, or want to. Unless like the old days you hit the tax barrier so drop onto cash jobs.

Just as a decent domestic spread wouldn’t want or need to do site skimming. I get boarding and jobs skimming board and it’s like a holiday. No pva. No bringing walls out first. No scraping etc. But I’d still not want to do it day in day out.

But a proper site spread wouldn’t need to drop on domestic, or want to. Unless like the old days you hit the tax barrier so drop onto cash jobs.

Just as a decent domestic spread wouldn’t want or need to do site skimming. I get boarding and jobs skimming board and it’s like a holiday. No pva. No bringing walls out first. No scraping etc. But I’d still not want to do it day in day out.

Don't you 1 coat lol.
Told ye Utd 4 1

Ive skimmed over 18 plots on the same site.
15 on the other site across the road kept every trade going mate.

Some of these plot are huge.
I've had to skim 3 little ones in 7 days.

I'm kept busy because it's always right and on time.

My brother's got 2 sites to himself in poulten and Blackpool Jones homes big plots.......they can't build them quick enough for us.

I f**k**g LOVE UNITED AGAIN XXXXXXXXXX

Most of my work is what you do but had 5 weeks on site just boards , I was surprised that the boredom didn't kick in and I liked the competition from the youngsters

Do you actually do site or just work for builders so mainly board?
I.d say 90 percent on board . Got that make good n skim job you tagged me in to do next month ( cheers me first forum job) mainly new extension or entire new builds .
These flats were on at min are awsome . All beeded n taped . Just been defeated by big ceiling

Ive skimmed over 18 plots on the same site.
15 on the other site across the road kept every trade going mate.

Some of these plot are huge.
I've had to skim 3 little ones in 7 days.

I'm kept busy because it's always right and on time.

My brother's got 2 sites to himself in poulten and Blackpool Jones homes big plots.......they can't build them quick enough for us.

I f**k**g LOVE UNITED AGAIN XXXXXXXXXX
If i was local I.d spend day with you . I believe there's a easy way to do whst ye do . I keep saying to bro in law I.ll come with him to show me trick just never get time

If i was local I.d spend day with you . I believe there's a easy way to do whst ye do . I keep saying to bro in law I.ll come with him to show me trick just never get time

John theres lads out there who just tack and dab on 2k a week.
Skimming easy money in the summer...headache in the cold.
My body ruined from relentless skimming.

John theres lads out there who just tack and dab on 2k a week.
Skimming easy money in the summer...headache in the cold.
My body ruined from relentless skimming.
I said to other kid if there was one part of job you had to do for rest of your working days what would it be. We both said boarding stud work

I said to other kid if there was one part of job you had to do for rest of your working days what would it be. We both said boarding stud work

I carry 3 crates stilts bench reaching everything is without a doubt the battle won.
I seen and been on your scaffolds (y)(y)
Lads I know lift up them boards with 1 hand and screw up with the other.
How do you spell technique ??

I carry 3 crates stilts bench reaching everything is without a doubt the battle won.
I seen and been on your scaffolds (y)(y)
Lads I know lift up them boards with 1 hand and screw up with the other.
How do you spell technique ??
Seen bro in law .who's not big kid . Lift 8x3 sound boards I think they were by his sen . Taught me tricks to get first row in and use them to help hold your next board. They threw em up put about 4 nail in then screwed em.

Having been on both sides of the fence if your earning and happy with your work your doing alright.

Every plot I start I put my fist between my head and the ceiling put stilts upside down then I know what to set my stilts too.

I've worked on sites in China were the rule was if any body is caught one coating then they will be instantly red carded or shot on the spot and we still one coated it.

You can't say I'm rough.

Last edited:
I learnt to plaster in the dark, I spent 3 years plastering in dark cupboards, never once allowed to use a light.

I learnt how to tell if a wall is flat, simply by humming low noises and using echo location.

You can imagine now I'm allowed to use lights how I'm so good.

I learnt to plaster in the dark, I spent 3 years plastering the same room in my house, never once allowed to use a light, even know I still pva and re skim that room in the dark once a month.

I learnt how to tell if a wall is flat, simply by humming low noises and using echo location.

I learnt to plaster in the dark, I spent 3 years plastering the same room in my house, never once allowed to use a light, even know I still pva and re skim that room in the dark once a month.

How much egg nog you had today???