sponge floats on multifinnish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sponged that wall in sittingbourne.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

I have yet to see a good finish with a sponge float.... maybe its because I not seen any good spreads do it.....

I have used a plastic float in the past on reveals when I was learning but dont bother now....

Danny

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

maybe because a good plasterer would never sponge finish multi...

pretty good for making a first coat go off quick(if you got a fresh bag and a small wall) wouldn't ever sponge a second coat. seems to work best with a normal steel blade as opposed to a stainless aswell for some reason, always handy to have a sponge float around imo,
they're a bugger to clean though.

We were sponging multi 12 years ago 2 of us doing a 10 bag sets we used to love it it also give you good colour consistency, 1 coat nice and meaty flatten it run angles in spray with water give it a good sponge then trowel up from there ,happy days when your flat bashing

If someone offered half of you cock suckers on here who think there amazing and slag sponge finish off work in Germany what would you say
a) yeah sure
b) sorry don't do sponge finish because I haven't got a clue how to
c) no because it's rough
d) yeah sound lets all go earn some money and take our heads out of our arses because I don't know what the **** I'm talking about anyway when it comes to sponging multi and internall plaster is sponged on 90percent of houses in Germany

If someone offered half of you cock suckers on here who think there amazing and slag sponge finish off work in Germany what would you say
a) yeah sure
c) no because it's rough
d) yeah sound lets all go earn some money and take our heads out of our arses because I don't know what the **** I'm talking about anyway when it comes to sponging multi and internall plaster is sponged on 90percent of houses in Germany
ja bitte, wann kann ich anfangen,,,(yes please when can i start)

Hy guys

New to this site, I want your opinion about plastic trowels, do you know anything about them, are they good, apparently they leave a very nice and smooth finish. Is it worth buy one or stick with the old marshaltown? Thanks.

Well I have to say this thread is spunks at His best:RpS_thumbsup: did render systems ever call and see you spunks.

A good plasterer wouldn't have to ask when to 2nd coat mp finish

a good plasterer would ask advice with a product he hasnt used before , do you want me to qoute some of the questions you asked about the MP finish ?? now if you havent anything constructive to say... fuk off ...

Hahaha Is it that time of the month already cassie , lol

lol.. thats next week mate, people like sponky shouldnt have a go at someone who is asking questions about a product that is relatively new in terms of the UK plastering market.... and then ask r******d questions about it himself....lmao.. anyway.. wait til next week..lol.x

Hy guys

New to this site, I want your opinion about plastic trowels, do you know anything about them, are they good, apparently they leave a very nice and smooth finish. Is it worth buy one or stick with the old marshaltown? Thanks.

Welcome along Radu :RpS_thumbsup: give us a proper intro, where are you from, are you busy, how long in the game, boxers or briefs . That sort of thing :RpS_thumbup:

a good plasterer would ask advice with a product he hasnt used before , do you want me to qoute some of the questions you asked about the MP finish ?? now if you havent anything constructive to say... fuk off ...
By all means ask questions but you're asking how much do I lay on before I second coat which I'm not being funny sounds like something a labourer would ask?
You said a good plasterer doesn't sponge finish, I've seen lads sponging finish that would tear you to pieces on both finish and speed and you're like every other plasterer who doesn't like it, never even tried it don't know the process or the benefits of how much quicker it is and when you're slogging it out for a bunch of knob jockeys in suits slashing rates you end up a fool to yourself
tbh I agree a nice 2 coat finish will look better but sponging finish is passable and quicker and done properly which I've seen by a few young welsh lads is spot on.......there you go a constructive reply

By all means ask questions but you're asking how much do I lay on before I second coat which I'm not being funny sounds like something a labourer would ask?
You said a good plasterer doesn't sponge finish, I've seen lads sponging finish that would tear you to pieces on both finish and speed and you're like every other plasterer who doesn't like it, never even tried it don't know the process or the benefits of how much quicker it is and when you're slogging it out for a bunch of knob jockeys in suits slashing rates you end up a fool to yourself
tbh I agree a nice 2 coat finish will look better but sponging finish is passable and quicker and done properly which I've seen by a few young welsh lads is spot on.......there you go a constructive reply

MP is applied differently to BG finishes, hence why I was asking advice.. tear me to pieces ?? so your phycic aswell... your talents never cease... '' i dont do '' passable '' mate...

a) yeah sure
c) no because it's rough

don't forget e) What are the rates mate? and is there many knocking shop?s!!!

god plasterers these days they ask all the wrong questions!!!!:rolleyes)

a) yeah sure
c) no because it's rough

Have you worked in Germany?

Status
Not open for further replies.