super flex trowell nela or refina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like the idea of a custom trowel, do they take long to make bryan
super flex trowell nela or refina?

:bananas::tanguero::lol:

Hello all
I had a Nela first and thought it was great but then I tried a rafina and its is far better in my opinion.
Lay on first coat with my stainless trowel and second coat
Then sponge float and trowel with stainless and finish with two trowels with rafina super flex its a great finish.
I know sponge floaters don't go down well on here but I ain't seen a better finish with out one
Brave words!!!!!!!

Hello all
I had a Nela first and thought it was great but then I tried a rafina and its is far better in my opinion.
Lay on first coat with my stainless trowel and second coat
Then sponge float and trowel with stainless and finish with two trowels with rafina super flex its a great finish.
I know sponge floaters don't go down well on here but I ain't seen a better finish with out one
Brave words!!!!!!!

I thought sponge floaters only one coated ?

hiya guys i bought a nela spuer flex trowell and this heppen fist time useing it.

Attachments

• super flex trowell nela or refina?
    DSC_0088.JPG
    675.7 KB · Views: 372
If I slag it off can I have one too?

Only kidding ,I have a nela premium for render work...

I have a nela premium for floor scraping and snot bashing. The s*p*r*lex is great - although the new ones to me aren't quite as good seems a bit stiffer- but the premium just never came good. For me anyway.

I have a nela premium for floor scraping and snot bashing. The s*p*r*lex is great - although the new ones to me aren't quite as good seems a bit stiffer- but the premium just never came good. For me anyway.

You got the original Premium or the latest one mate? Will send you the newest one as Im sure you'll love it. Would love to chat to you also to see what improvements can be made

The new SF has the same FLEX as the old one, might be the fact yours is more 'worn' that makes you think that

Hi Ryan,
are you still offering replacement on the s*p*r*lex, as mine is delaminated a while ago also dropped it once since, or shall I just order a new one? I'm not begging for freebies or anything like
Cheers

Hi Ryan,
are you still offering replacement on the s*p*r*lex, as mine is delaminated a while ago also dropped it once since, or shall I just order a new one? I'm not begging for freebies or anything like
Cheers

Still replacing them mate, send it back to us and I will sort it out for you mate. We don't normally swap it if its been dropped as some people have then pulled it apart to get another. I know your genuine though (y)

You got the original Premium or the latest one mate? Will send you the newest one as Im sure you'll love it. Would love to chat to you also to see what improvements can be made

The new SF has the same FLEX as the old one, might be the fact yours is more 'worn' that makes you think that

To be honest i think i have the new one we only got them 6-7 weeks ago? I used it for a few weeks and I just didn't find it wearing in very well myself and although even a MT isn't out the box perfect in my recent experience the MT isn't far off being a usable trowel. I found the premium far too sharp on the corners and it left really bad judder marks from whatever is used to make them a bit worn. That 5mm strip down the blade just showed through constantly. Im not giving it a bashing i love the s*p*r*lex but the premium just doesn't seem to work for me.

To be honest i think i have the new one we only got them 6-7 weeks ago? I used it for a few weeks and I just didn't find it wearing in very well myself and although even a MT isn't out the box perfect in my recent experience the MT isn't far off being a usable trowel. I found the premium far too sharp on the corners and it left really bad judder marks from whatever is used to make them a bit worn. That 5mm strip down the blade just showed through constantly. Im not giving it a bashing i love the s*p*r*lex but the premium just doesn't seem to work for me.

Thats fair enough mate, will pass it over to NeLa Germany and see what improvements we can do. Its a strange one as we have guys saying it can be used straight from the box, others say they take a while to break in then they are awesome. Equally I hear what your saying also.

Will see what I can do

Nela for me Iv had mine for a while the 14 and just ordered a 16. Refina take a bit more wearing in and are wider. Every one who cant use them will say Marshall town.

Thats fair enough mate, will pass it over to NeLa Germany and see what improvements we can do. Its a strange one as we have guys saying it can be used straight from the box, others say they take a while to break in then they are awesome. Equally I hear what your saying also.

Will see what I can do

I just checked and it was the 5th april i ordered my premium so that should be the new ones? Shame as i find the cork handles very comfortable which is why i gave it a shot for laying on.

Why are they marked down the edges instead of smooth out of interest?

And in answer to the OP defo nela. Refinas are crap, really crap. I've said it before they look and feel like a DIY trowel.

I just checked and it was the 5th april i ordered my premium so that should be the new ones? Shame as i find the cork handles very comfortable which is why i gave it a shot for laying on.

Why are they marked down the edges instead of smooth out of interest?

Yea that should be the new style mate. Where did you get it from? I will be able to check if it was

Yeah no probs, as i said im not bashing it. i know some lads think there great it just wasn't for me. If ever you have a surplus i wouldn't mind a trial 16" s*p*r*lex though instead of a premium [emoji4]

Ryan do you have them in stock as my apprentices lecturer after one he reckons he cant get one for love nor money !??

Status
Not open for further replies.