Suppose you want paying then?

Just ignore him mate I'm pretty sure he's winding you up for the sake of it.

No one can be that silly as to think you can just up your prices to whatever you want and still be busy.
@lurpak is arrogant cocky, self loving, unbeatable, with elbows from steel and cart box head , who is yet to find out greatness in life comes with age and experience, not jumping around like japanese fighting rooster showing his feathers. But that’s why he is good in cockfighting.

@lurpak is arrogant cocky, self loving, unbeatable, with elbows from steel and cart box head , who is yet to find out greatness in life comes with age and experience, not jumping around like japanese fighting rooster showing his feathers. But that’s why he is good in cockfighting.

This cup smells of dog. But you’ve made me smile thank u
BDCDF23C-5606-4F2A-AE46-8605BF9B45F4.jpeg

b*ll***s to the councils, the theiving bastards. They pay a pittance, Been there done that!

Still a question that no one will answer. My local Council only takes on qualified plasterers. Going back 3 decades there was a well established trade union rate for building tradesmen. The local Council will have to get their rates from some governing body.

I am trying to establish a starting point for trade rates. That starting point is some established trade rate for those on paye. Thats a minimum.

And lets remember the Councils have to employ tradesmen. Someone works for them.

Prices of houses going up,prices of living going up,always up up up,then some savvy building contractor says I know how I can make even more dosh get the spreads in for £2.50 per metre,

Andy G works for £2.50m2 skimming. He is available and capable so that scuppers any price rise on his site.

But If they decided times have become hard they need to cut it to £2 m2 then would they get away with it? Depends on that particular plasterers desperation.

Rural living and its the only work to be had. £60 a day or £64 a week on benefits.

But then if he withdrew his labour and they couldn’t get anyone else? You will find the money will go up. Been this way always. I have been in the trade for 46 years and its a dog eat dog industry.

But going back to when most of us was on paye price was called bonus. Because you had to be paid the union minimum at least. If you earned at a m2 rate more than your basic it was called a bonus. If however you earned less than your minimum you was sacked! For being inefficient.

But times have changed. The majority of us are self employed. The way Maggie T wanted it. Now its down to bargaining power. And someone calls the shots.

Winners and losers. But around the Country not everybody has the same circumstances. Where are you in the pecking order?

Ok. Cba with this s**t really can’t. If u muppets wanna be dead at 55 still with a mortgage then good luck to u

Plastering crippled me at 33. Took 7 years off the trowel. I was cut down in my prime.

Wife worked and I went on the taxis whilst I recovered.

Jacked Plastering and rendered instead but I came back working smarter not harder. Debt free by 48 and kept that way.

Nowt. What’s wrong is people doing living rooms for that price in 2 days

Err...

Who is to say the CeeVee may have a lab and in which case its not hard to do a bedroom in a day. But then Zombie may well be on his tod so not unreasonable to take two days.

Also is it a single bedroom or a 12’ x 20’ bedroom?

Still a question that no one will answer. My local Council only takes on qualified plasterers. Going back 3 decades there was a well established trade union rate for building tradesmen. The local Council will have to get their rates from some governing body.

I am trying to establish a starting point for trade rates. That starting point is some established trade rate for those on paye. Thats a minimum.

And lets remember the Councils have to employ tradesmen. Someone works for them.

Plastering prices is and will always be a can of worms mate.....domestic/new build/builders/property developers.

I've seen invoices of other local spreads with gangs and know what they charge.
On a few occasions I've been asked to look at invoices for domestic work to give an honest opinion.
Something I've refused to give because it's awkward for me because I know the spreads aswell.
Some lads know how to sell a job on an invoice.
It's business I suppose.
I also know fuucking dimwits who are happy selling themselves on £120 a day.
But for me @zombie has the right idea on how to make money.....get other lads to make it for you.
I'd never get £350 day in day out as a one man band around Lytham st.annes on domestics which is known as a snobby area.
But we have all come across decent paying jobs.
As well as lost money on jobs aswell.

D
Plastering prices is and will always be a can of worms mate.....domestic/new build/builders/property developers.

On a few occasions I've been asked to look at invoices for domestic work to give an honest opinion.
Something I've refused to give because it's awkward for me because I know the spreads aswell.
It's business I suppose.
But for me @zombie has the right idea on how to make money.....get other lads to make it for you.
I'd never get £350 day in day out as a one man band around Lytham st.annes on domestics which is known as a snobby area.

Do you mean quotes instead of invoices?

D

Do you mean quotes instead of invoices?
Yep....they way it's sold as if there doing open heart surgery.
Going on about how many men will take reskim a room and at what depth ...deep cleaning behind them lol.
4 pages of shite to reskim a room.
But it works for them.

It's business I suppose.
Yeah, £349 is not 350 , agree. You getting old alfie! It’s just a pound, but what a difference eh:lol:

Andy G works for £2.50m2 skimming. He is available and capable so that scuppers any price rise on his site.

But If they decided times have become hard they need to cut it to £2 m2 then would they get away with it? Depends on that particular plasterers desperation.

Rural living and its the only work to be had. £60 a day or £64 a week on benefits.

But then if he withdrew his labour and they couldn’t get anyone else? You will find the money will go up. Been this way always. I have been in the trade for 46 years and its a dog eat dog industry.

But going back to when most of us was on paye price was called bonus. Because you had to be paid the union minimum at least. If you earned at a m2 rate more than your basic it was called a bonus. If however you earned less than your minimum you was sacked! For being inefficient.

But times have changed. The majority of us are self employed. The way Maggie T wanted it. Now its down to bargaining power. And someone calls the shots.

Winners and losers. But around the Country not everybody has the same circumstances. Where are you in the pecking order?
Yeah I agree with you on the part there will always be somebody there to do it Cheaper than yourself,that I can’t argue with,always will be this way the world over,
Unions well where do we start with them?how you paid into a system faithfully every week and once you call upon there services you realise they aren’t worth the paper they are wrote on so give up entirely on that draconian system cause it ain’t worth jack,
Bonus,ah those were the days eh?going like a madman all week for a top up on your wages,men were happy,company was happy,happy days!!
Unfortunately those days are gone where there was some sort of “union” or somebody to get you that extra 10p per week wage rise,now it’s gone all we have got is ourselves to push things up all we have is this little platform on the internet to say no hold on a minute we’re worth more than that!!
Pecking order?not the quickest or the best but I have many bows to my string and can hold my own in this world I chose as a profession,always learning and know my worth,

It's business I suppose.
I think you mean that Lytham St. Annes WAS known as snobby before some scumbag onecoat skimmer started squatting.

The splitting up/dumbing down of the trade has both made it too easy for people to become spreads and for builders/developers to suppress prices. Why do you think that F&S really died a death?

It's messed up Andy ....the joiner/builder who done the decking in our last house came to pick up the lad he left on the job.
He was telling me he charges £25 a metre internal any plastering he gets...hands it down to the spreads on a day rate.
I was getting £3 skim at the time.
The cuunt laughed his cock off lol.

It's messed up Andy ....the joiner/builder who done the decking in our last house came to pick up the lad he left on the job.
He was telling me he charges £25 a metre internal any plastering he gets...hands it down to the spreads on a day rate.
I was getting £3 skim at the time.
The cuunt laughed his cock off lol.
I'd have to check my paperwork but I'm pretty sure that I was paying my guys £4sqm twelve years ago.

I'd have to check my paperwork but I'm pretty sure that I was paying my guys £4sqm twelve years ago.

I was getting £4 off gregson ltd before the crash.
Last time I worked for him was £2.80.
He blamed everyone going in to cheap to win the numbers.
New build house bashing has slipped right down hill.

I was getting £4 off gregson ltd before the crash.
Last time I worked for him was £2.80.
He blamed everyone going in to cheap to win the numbers.
New build house bashing has slipped right down hill.
How many SQM do you average a day mate? I used to reckon on about 75sqm a day on standard houses a bit more on big buggers.

12 years ago 2006 we was in a demand exceeds supply era. I remember people telling me how hard it was to get anyone to quote.

Now if you want 6 quotes you can easily get 6 quotes.

How many SQM do you average a day mate? I used to reckon on about 75sqm a day on standard houses a bit more on big buggers.
I only put on 2 smalls hits yesterday about 70m because I feel like shite at the minute.
It usaully depends how quick they want the plots back.
Fly through the rooms then come to a stand still on the staircases and poxy garage ceilings.

75m2 for one man on his own?

Going back to the dark ages (70’s) my boss told me a spread had to do 20m2 a day with Carlite Browning and Finish to cover his wages and the labourers.

40m2 a day if skimming. Thats with a builders bucket (15ltr) to mix in and a 2x1 pse stick to mix it with.

So imo 75m2 is way over a days moneys worth.

You've got to do between 60 to 70 mtrs or your on wank wages .all depends on how much u need to live .we do that every day or we may as well work for Manchester council

No
You've got to do between 60 to 70 mtrs or your on wank wages .all depends on how much u need to live .we do that every day or we may as well work for Manchester council

No wonder plasterers joints are knackered. Time to go airless.

75m2 for one man on his own?

Going back to the dark ages (70’s) my boss told me a spread had to do 20m2 a day with Carlite Browning and Finish to cover his wages and the labourers.

40m2 a day if skimming. Thats with a builders bucket (15ltr) to mix in and a 2x1 pse stick to mix it with.

So imo 75m2 is way over a days moneys worth.

I was born in 78 lol.
Soon these plots will be built in a huge warehouse and just assembled together on site.