The gym and plastering

Members online

No members online now.
Decided I.m gonna do at least 30 mins a day on tread mill . Still do weights but spread over week n get out on bike as often as poss ........ I.m on now

There isn't much. Trainers are way overpriced and over engineered.

View attachment 21198

@Tinytom - remember these? Seems they're still using them after more than 20 year. It's a £30 trainer and good for fellas who have to run as part of their job. If it fits your foot and doesn't have a shitty plastic sole, you're good to go unless you're an olympic athlete who A/ lives in them and B/ has to make 1/100th sec count.
I remember those trainers, my dad had a pair in 1992 I think it was. They must be decent if they are still sold

I.ve been trying to find some where that sells retro trainers . Would love some Adidas kick from 80s or some puma match.

Saw some reebok classics in the gym the other evening :LOL: I just wear an uncomfortable but trendy pair of converse in the gym and a pair of mizuno for running

There isn't much. Trainers are way overpriced and over engineered.

View attachment 21198

@Tinytom - remember these? Seems they're still using them after more than 20 year. It's a £30 trainer and good for fellas who have to run as part of their job. If it fits your foot and doesn't have a shitty plastic sole, you're good to go unless you're an olympic athlete who A/ lives in them and B/ has to make 1/100th sec count.
Road slappers! Iv ran 7 min 30 mile and a half’s wearing those, honest to god the most comfy trainers iv ever worn yeah they look s**t but they really are a good trainer for any kind of running I agree with @Stevieo theres no need to be spending a fortune on trainers unless your some kind of athlete. It’s like buying a ritmo when all you do is patching

my mate got a pair of running sandles recently, lightweight things that just protect your soles from the tarmac, apparently the idea was to recreate the natural running technique of years ago.

Road slappers! Iv ran 7 min 30 mile and a half’s wearing those, honest to god the most comfy trainers iv ever worn yeah they look s**t but they really are a good trainer for any kind of running I agree with @Stevieo theres no need to be spending a fortune on trainers unless your some kind of athlete. It’s like buying a ritmo when all you do is patching

I must've had a slow pair. Only managed 08:20

One thing I do know I really need to get power to gym and get a tv on wall as running on a treadmill staring at a breeze block wall is Painful

One thing I do know I really need to get power to gym and get a tv on wall as running on a treadmill staring at a breeze block wall is Painful

I hear you Brother. Training is hard and being self motivated can be tough. If you've got any paths or lanes or canals anywhere near by, bin the gym and just run.

I took up running again with my dog along the canal. Saved walking, after all.

Joking aside, try to make it fun. I had a dog to exercise and nice scenery.

The goal was to run the dog into the ground. Never did manage that.

my mate got a pair of running sandles recently, lightweight things that just protect your soles from the tarmac, apparently the idea was to recreate the natural running technique of years ago.
“Born to run” is a good book for those who like running .An elusive I****n tribe had these sandals, which were then copied by athletes world wide.

I hear you Brother. Training is hard and being self motivated can be tough. If you've got any paths or lanes or canals anywhere near by, bin the gym and just run.

I took up running again with my dog along the canal. Saved walking, after all.

Joking aside, try to make it fun. I had a dog to exercise and nice scenery.

The goal was to run the dog into the ground. Never did manage that.
If I get out its on bike. Ive Got two spaniels, mo Farah and Daley Thompson's love child couldnt run em in to ground

“Born to run” is a good book for those who like running .An elusive I****n tribe had these sandals, which were then copied by athletes world wide.

There's one African tribe that hunt by simply being able to run faster than the animals. They basically just run after it until it falls down dead from exhaustion.

Good luck getting so fit that you can do that, put the Impala on your shoulder and run 40 miles back, with calories to spare for your mates and their wives.

Think twice before you look at natives for fitness tips. Especially their trainers because they don't wear any.

There's one African tribe that hunt by simply being able to run faster than the animals. They basically just run after it until it falls down dead from exhaustion.

Good luck getting so fit that you can do that, put the Impala on your shoulder and run 40 miles back, with calories to spare for your mates and their wives.

Think twice before you look at natives for fitness tips. Especially their trainers because they don't wear any.
That might be secret as they win all lo g distance lol

That might be secret as they win all lo g distance lol

You know it. Them racing ni9gers can do a marathon in 04:42 a mile. I consider that a sprint if I do it interval training on a treadmill. There isn't a way in the world that I'd ever be able to keep that up for two hours.

@Tinytom claimed a 5 minute mile x 1.5 a few posts back. I don't doubt him on that. My best ever was a little slower at 08:20, which is still pretty darn fit.

But neither of us could claim zooming round a marathon like that. I did one in 02:56 when I was 22. That's a FULL HOUR behind the professionals, who come almost exclusively from Africa. In fact, there's a village who export looney tunes runners.

Just did 5k on the rower thingy, set to 10, 22mins......short break up the power rate, another 2.5k..........back stretches, a bit of effort on the cable machines and a naughty little sauna....1.5hrs all in......home for a baked spud and three steaks.

Just did 5k on the rower thingy, set to 10, 22mins......short break up the power rate, another 2.5k..........back stretches, a bit of effort on the cable machines and a naughty little sauna....1.5hrs all in......home for a baked spud and three steaks.
Your putting everyone to shame mate, I’m tired and bored of it now. Feel guilty if I don’t do it though so managed to drag myself in for 45 mins.

Back on it today. Scrambled eggs and turkey rashers for brekkie mixed nuts for a snack, peanut butter banana oats and spinach smoothie for lunch various fruit, chest and tris gym workout then chicken broccoli leaks and 2 new potatoes for tea.

40 mins running , found it alot easier then other day . 200 crunches and finished with 3 mins on bag. Learnt a good lesson today " Never get in to a fight after a 40 mins runs " makes you relise how fit pro boxers must be

1FD61434-217D-40AC-9760-BD214EA2566A.jpeg
Should sleep well tonight dragging this thing around earlier, beast.

And you say I’m putting you to shame!.......pfft......lol
Tonight I did 3k on the rower at setting 10 in 13.31mins......then another 2.5k just coz’........felt ok....
Then drop sets on the dumbells till the burn forced a stop.......sauna, total time spent ...1hr 20mins.....then home, tuna, and a baked spud.....

And you say I’m putting you to shame!.......pfft......lol
Tonight I did 3k on the rower at setting 10 in 13.31mins......then another 2.5k just coz’........felt ok....
Then drop sets on the dumbells till the burn forced a stop.......sauna, total time spent ...1hr 20mins.....then home, tuna, and a baked spud.....
Like finishing with 21,s on bi,s

Good shoulders and bis workout tonight, military press front then side then rear raises finished with arnie press then ez bar curls 3 sets normal grip wide then narrow finished with 3 sets of 21s just over an hour