1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

The gym and plastering

Discussion in 'Plasterers Health and Wellbeing' started by Cornelius, Dec 15, 2017.

1. John j

John j Well-Known Member

Decided I.m gonna do at least 30 mins a day on tread mill . Still do weights but spread over week n get out on bike as often as poss ........ I.m on now

2. Cornelius

Cornelius Well-Known Member

I remember those trainers, my dad had a pair in 1992 I think it was. They must be decent if they are still sold

• Like Like x 1
  3. John j

John j Well-Known Member

I.ve been trying to find some where that sells retro trainers . Would love some Adidas kick from 80s or some puma match.

4. Cornelius

Saw some reebok classics in the gym the other evening :LOL: I just wear an uncomfortable but trendy pair of converse in the gym and a pair of mizuno for running

5. Dropsalot

Dropsalot Private Member

Black plimsolls with elastic at the sides.......that’s what real men wear to the gym....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

Road slappers! Iv ran 7 min 30 mile and a half’s wearing those, honest to god the most comfy trainers iv ever worn yeah they look s**t but they really are a good trainer for any kind of running I agree with @Stevieo theres no need to be spending a fortune on trainers unless your some kind of athlete. It’s like buying a ritmo when all you do is patching

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cornelius

my mate got a pair of running sandles recently, lightweight things that just protect your soles from the tarmac, apparently the idea was to recreate the natural running technique of years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stevieo

Stevieo Well-Known Member

I must've had a slow pair. Only managed 08:20

9. John j

John j Well-Known Member

One thing I do know I really need to get power to gym and get a tv on wall as running on a treadmill staring at a breeze block wall is Painful

10. Stevieo

I hear you Brother. Training is hard and being self motivated can be tough. If you've got any paths or lanes or canals anywhere near by, bin the gym and just run.

I took up running again with my dog along the canal. Saved walking, after all.

Joking aside, try to make it fun. I had a dog to exercise and nice scenery.

The goal was to run the dog into the ground. Never did manage that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

“Born to run” is a good book for those who like running .An elusive Indian tribe had these sandals, which were then copied by athletes world wide.

• Like Like x 1
  12. John j

John j Well-Known Member

If I get out its on bike. Ive Got two spaniels, mo Farah and Daley Thompson's love child couldnt run em in to ground

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Stevieo

There's one African tribe that hunt by simply being able to run faster than the animals. They basically just run after it until it falls down dead from exhaustion.

Good luck getting so fit that you can do that, put the Impala on your shoulder and run 40 miles back, with calories to spare for your mates and their wives.

Think twice before you look at natives for fitness tips. Especially their trainers because they don't wear any.

14. John j

John j Well-Known Member

That might be secret as they win all lo g distance lol

15. Stevieo

You know it. Them racing ni9gers can do a marathon in 04:42 a mile. I consider that a sprint if I do it interval training on a treadmill. There isn't a way in the world that I'd ever be able to keep that up for two hours.

@Tinytom claimed a 5 minute mile x 1.5 a few posts back. I don't doubt him on that. My best ever was a little slower at 08:20, which is still pretty darn fit.

But neither of us could claim zooming round a marathon like that. I did one in 02:56 when I was 22. That's a FULL HOUR behind the professionals, who come almost exclusively from Africa. In fact, there's a village who export looney tunes runners.

16. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

Gonna get my s**t together next week

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. zolco

zolco Private Member

I say that every day lol

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. John j

John j Well-Known Member

I say it every sunday

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Dropsalot

Dropsalot Private Member

Just did 5k on the rower thingy, set to 10, 22mins......short break up the power rate, another 2.5k..........back stretches, a bit of effort on the cable machines and a naughty little sauna....1.5hrs all in......home for a baked spud and three steaks.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Cornelius

Your putting everyone to shame mate, I’m tired and bored of it now. Feel guilty if I don’t do it though so managed to drag myself in for 45 mins.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

Back on it today. Scrambled eggs and turkey rashers for brekkie mixed nuts for a snack, peanut butter banana oats and spinach smoothie for lunch various fruit, chest and tris gym workout then chicken broccoli leaks and 2 new potatoes for tea.

• Like Like x 2
  22. John j

John j Well-Known Member

Trained well last week . Full of cold but out on mtb today

• Like Like x 1
  23. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

I am back in the office this week so will be out and about walking in the afternoons if i can :D

24. John j

John j Well-Known Member

40 mins running , found it alot easier then other day . 200 crunches and finished with 3 mins on bag. Learnt a good lesson today " Never get in to a fight after a 40 mins runs " makes you relise how fit pro boxers must be

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. Cornelius

1FD61434-217D-40AC-9760-BD214EA2566A.jpeg Should sleep well tonight dragging this thing around earlier, beast.

• Like Like x 2
  26. zolco

zolco Private Member

For what reason?
    :musculoso:

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Cornelius

Good cardio and leg training works lots of muscle groups

• Like Like x 2
  28. Chrispy33uk

Chrispy33uk Active Member

f**k that, swap it for a lawn mower and get paid :D

29. Dropsalot

Dropsalot Private Member

And you say I’m putting you to shame!.......pfft......lol
    Tonight I did 3k on the rower at setting 10 in 13.31mins......then another 2.5k just coz’........felt ok....
    Then drop sets on the dumbells till the burn forced a stop.......sauna, total time spent ...1hr 20mins.....then home, tuna, and a baked spud.....

• Like Like x 1
  30. John j

John j Well-Known Member

Like finishing with 21,s on bi,s

• Like Like x 2
  31. Dropsalot

Dropsalot Private Member

Seated dumbbell presses starting at 16kg dropping 2 after 20 reps then going again, and again till I got to 10 kg when I failed......at home now......struggling to type and cannot pick up a cuppa!!!

32. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

Good shoulders and bis workout tonight, military press front then side then rear raises finished with arnie press then ez bar curls 3 sets normal grip wide then narrow finished with 3 sets of 21s just over an hour

• Like Like x 2
  33. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

526761B5-7A56-4653-A18A-A1A7501E0574.jpeg
    Good pump on now

34. John j

John j Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  35. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

The joys of having a 3 year old girl ey. U get your fiver?