What would you do ?

Members online

You price a job let’s say a month ago and you ask them to make sure room is ready and emptied . You turn up in the day and the customer manages to drag their fat lazy arse downstairs to eventually answer the door in their boxer shorts and they say sport mate didn’t think you’d be here this early . Then you go into the room your gonna work in and the sofa is still in there with the kids watching the tv. The curtains and blinds are still up the radiators haven’t been took off. Still got bloody wallpaper on . So do you get back in the van or start doing what he should of done weeks ago ?
I'd have re-booked it when it was clear,then let them down and ask them how it felt to be let down? Done it before.Those kind of people know exactly what they are doing.

I always phone the day before to make sure they are ready and also to let them know i have also remembered....

Always good to communicate

I always phone the day before to make sure they are ready and also to let them know i have also remembered....

Always good to communicate
But what if they say they are ready and you get there and it’s a different story

opposite coast to me never been rather posh I think paulf not up that way at the rougher end
He know what as i.ve got older theres a load of UK I want to visit. Would like to go to what they film balamory as well. Hear you get to see whales and dolphins of West coast of Scotland.

He know what as i.ve got older theres a load of UK I want to visit. Would like to go to what they film balamory as well. Hear you get to see whales and dolphins of West coast of Scotland.
dolphins and basking sharks used to be common not as much now I had aboat for 15 years seen some nice sights on summer nights

Stay away from west coast of Scotland, your no welcome

opposite coast to me never been rather posh I think paulf not up that way at the rougher end
Oi they've got a palace in the town where I live. Your in the south if I'm right, that lot down there are right in to incest and vote tory.

Oi they've got a palace in the town where I live. Your in the south if I'm right, that lot down there are right in to incest and vote tory.
I was sent to put new blood strain into it but dfo not a f**k**g tory still take there money though sat in big country houses etc

the wife how is Scottish says tell him he is f**k**g bang on /that's terrible talk from a woman

I went there once for a 2 week holiday. Came home after 4 days. Started at Inverness then up to Tongue and down the West Coast. Feckin miserable and freezing hole.

Scenery good............Accommodation shite (whats an ensuite???) Found a place with ensuite once. It was a cubicle out of a caravan in the bedroom of the b&b o_O.............................People :vomito:.

Scotland is a great place...............in your rear view mirror.

You shouldn’t have to ring every customer to ask them if they’ve done what you asked them
To do . 99.9 % of my customers know how to leave a room ready for me but there is always that one . So it’s my fault is it ?

Pretty much, yes. You could blame customer for being a t**t or you could call and avoid it. I know what I do.

I think we all had this one.......you have to watch your back constantly dealing with Humans full stop ( i really wish i wasnt one somedays ) ......its getting worse .Everyones middle names ' Shaft ' now it seems , endess bullshite

I think alot of it comes down to how you carry yourself. The old boy who trained me up , never once got problems as he simply wouldn’t entertain it. People knew not to try it with him.

But when you first setup yourself you naturally want to go to extra mile, unfortunately some people take advantage of that, scummy people.

Fortunately, after a few years your skin thickens and confidence grows.

i think the tricks to price stuff with plenty of extra headroom and as someone said be very clear and communication wise you need to repeat yourself , phone before , again and revisit....mis communication is one problem and yeah the odd person trying it on .When i price i tell them i will revisit for any ammendments now prior to the job and i also state clearly what its for and i find that tends to put the wankers off , they tend to give themselves away anyway trying to work out work your hourly rate will equate to via the price work and a lot of other traits they have , you can spot a non payer a mile away and also a time waster and also a ' can you plaster my hallway while your here ' for free.....i sadly never got ' can you bend me over in the bedroom for free ? ' ....though i am ' happily married ' ;) so would never want that situation to occur .

i think the tricks to price stuff with plenty of extra headroom and as someone said be very clear and communication wise you need to repeat yourself , phone before , again and revisit....mis communication is one problem and yeah the odd person trying it on .When i price i tell them i will revisit for any ammendments now prior to the job and i also state clearly what its for and i find that tends to put the wankers off , they tend to give themselves away anyway trying to work out work your hourly rate will equate to via the price work and a lot of other traits they have , you can spot a non payer a mile away and also a time waster and also a ' can you plaster my hallway while your here ' for free.....i sadly never got ' can you bend me over in the bedroom for free ? ' ....though i am ' happily married ' ;) so would never want that situation to occur .

I skimmed a 3 bed semi for a handjob once. Remember it well. Miss you dave x